Introducing Exordium!

I understand your point, and I’m not arguing against education first. My concern is different: if the protected environment is too sterile for too long, it may teach a false model of EVE rather than prepare people for it.

Learning first is good. Learning in a space that removes too many of the game’s real social and mechanical consequences is where I think the risk begins.

Also, the “modern world countries” remark is a bit unnecessary. We can disagree about game design without trying to frame the other side as less civilized.

and they are thinking of that as fozzie mentioned.

Ditto. I was wondering what those new players will do/be able to do.
The more I read this thread and the more I tell myself that this Exorduim deal isn’t going to be as interesting to me as I first thought.
I hope it will all work out for CCP as I see it as a major shift in game trajectory.

Don’t be willfully obtuse. We’re not raising these issues over the concern of newbies getting ganked, you’ve mentioned yourself very few newbies do get ganked, it’s not a common issue. Would it be if you didn’t threaten to ban gankers who do target newbs? Maybe, but that’s a hypothetical, and irrelevant.

Why we’re raising this issue is because this region extends this absolute protection to everyone. I could send in a 60 million SP character to mine veldspar (or huff gas, or farm anomalies in a vexor/algos/tristan, or run filaments) all day, and there would be zero risk of a gank.

I totally disagree, it’s horrible experience for anyone. I don’t mind proper corp scamming but cheap trashy double ask bullshut needs to be gone nowadays. What a horrid experience for a new player to land to see weird people spamming local to steal your stuff. It wouldn’t need moderators remove local in trade hubs for one.

1 Like

Up until now there was no new player region with one gate and no animosity directed specifically at new players. However i except the introduction of this new region and its special mechanics will trigger exactly these animosities in certain parts of the player base and lead to gank events targeted at traffic to Exordium.

For me a main reason is the possibility to earn isk risk free - no matter how small. This will surely be used also by older players and this is exactly what contradicts the whole EVE spirit in my opinion and will lead to conflict also with the outside economy.

Therefore one can count on this that ganking camps will be a thing.

But what then? It was mentioned “we will then make Yulai safe if it happens a lot” … riiiight…guess what? The ganking then moves to the adjacent system to Yulai. Then what? - You make those systems safe as well? So 1.0 will spread like cancer through the entirety of highsec?

Be sure that it will happen that people are going to vent their frustration over the new region via ganking. That is a most basic EVE principle. With the planned setup of the new area you will not contain this and the setup is in itself what will be driving the ganking. It will be frustrating for the new players if they are entereing the “real world” - i suspect many will just quit then.

2 Likes

It’s a region that is claimed to have limited resources. We don’t know implementation details yet. But, following your rhetoric, if someone wants to mine Veldspar all day and get peanuts of ISK a day (given that they do find a belt with enough of the stuff in it in the first place), that’s nothing on the global scale. The game and the economy will be perfectly fine.

3 Likes

Im so glad you didn’t listen to the CSM. It’s a great idea I just worry there’s going to be some workarounds to exploit It and it will ruin it. I always worry CCP half arses this stuff. Either do what is intended and make it air tight to keep new players in the game or just don’t bother at all. Im looking forward to seeing the gates open.

2 Likes

This isn’t just an ISK faucet. We already have a perfectly safe source of ISK in Project Discovery. This is a resource faucet.

You can mine in perfect safety, the most someone can do is bump you out of range. Yeah they’re probably only going to have small veldspar rocks, but bots are already going after those where we actually can do something about it, and CCP are themselves obviously powerless against bots considering how little is done to stop them. Other minerals will also be spawned in, such as from reprocessing rat droppings.

Exordium is an awful idea and does not belong in EVE.

4 Likes

Im not sure I’m a fan of letting vets in, I think it should be be purely for new players and almost SP locked. You must for me graduate out of the region either after you’ve completed our training plan, missions or what not and you’ve gained a certain amount of SP. Or if you do allow vets then content should again be SP locked or something. We simply shouldn’t allow vets to just horde all the resources.

Bots are being dealt with on daily basis by the people who are truly responsible for dealing with them - CCP’s security team. If you see a bot, report it.

1 Like

I do report bots when I see them. I then come by much later and see the same bot still doing the same menial task. Go do the federation campaign trail, see the plex farm bots flying shuttles around in circles for yourself.

1 Like

From all the information CCP is sharing so far, I can see that CCP has put a lot of thought and effort into making sure that the new region serves its intended purpose. I don’t think that it will be that interesting to old players, except for a couple of niche use cases,… and even if those niches become too popular, nothing stops CCP from tweaking the mechanics to root it out.

The base idea of having a new player friendly space just has too much potential to do good for the game that it’s worth the effort.

2 Likes

I guess the good old days of playing EVE without any risk during your office working time are back. An added no-risk income stream of 8 hours daily or how your contract personally goes…for those who can just run a client during worktime.

It doesn’t matter how low that income will be. It will be used and it will be profitable for those doing it.

You don’t need to be a bot to do this. If you don’t have to care about gankers and rats then a few clicks here and then will do it. Fire and forget and no need to think about it.

2 Likes

So it’s not about bots after all… It’s about jealousy.

Ask yourself this: jealousy to what? Someone not having the same play style as you? Someone who earns as much per day as I can do with 2-3 relic sites in 15-20 minutes?

2 Likes

I don’t need to be jealous. I will be doing this also for sure. I will do your 2-3 relic sites, i will do my usual stuff as well and of course on top i will be doing Exordium each day for 8 hours or something during my worktime.

It is a no brainer.

Then go for it. If it’s not boring or tedious to you, you are welcome to do it. Personally, I don’t think I will and there are many others who won’t, so it’s perfectly fine.

1 Like

i disagree, locking them in is not good, nor locking vets out, because then you lock out people like @Mike_Azariah or those who can help prep the newbies for FW and you curb the chances for recruitment into FW or other areas.

2 Likes

everything will be more useful to rookies than any of us, rewards and all that will be nerfed down that its not gonna really matter to those of us that have played for years or months.

Go to a newbie system and ask how much good Mike Azariah does for them. They’ll ask who he is, because they have no idea. Mike handing out random unfitted tech 1 hulls is good PR for Mike among the handful of people who know he exists, but it doesn’t meaningfully help newbies engage with the game in the slightest.

2 Likes