Introduction of the Q-Ship to bait and counter light raiders

I wasn’t talking about real Q-ships, I was talking about how we’d do hauling in EVE without dedicated haulers (or: the industrial hull lines). WIth indy hulls and dedicated cargo holds (and ship scanners) out of the picture, we would have to move things around with combat ships. Some of them are going to be better at that (higher base cargo hold, more lows). But, being “designed” as combat ships first, it wouldn’t be hard to fit one of these out as an actual combat ship and give anyone trying to break it open for shiny things a nasty surprise.

1 Like

Liiiiiiiiiittle difference in size comparison.

Same guys from Top Gear. :smiley:

You are comparing a compact vehicle to something x4 it’s size AND a military vehicle properly built. XD

I’ve got it!

Customizable subsystems.

That way you have the same hull and ship, but add another (layer) of customization.
(Modules being smaller customization’s than the subsystems swap outs.)

Make the (internal volume) of each ship a factor.
If you have the internal volume to remove the current subsystem and add a larger one, then Boom!

Subsystem manufacturing introduced for all ships.
More options, flexibility, more T1 manufacturing, more affordable T2+ tech in ships to suite it’s need, etc.
You have your Q-Ship hauler and the option of a BB or BC etc being a hauler.
Throw in a lead lining module or rig and Boom!
All the features needed to make the Q-Ship and more! :slight_smile:

Essentially a Q-Ship is a Merchant Vessel with Guns concealed in Cargo containers on deck. We already have Cargo Containers which cannot be scanned. How about having a ‘Large Freight Container’ with a small point defense system inside, or maybe a ‘large freight container’ full of Kevlar to absorb enemy fire. Same industrial ship, scan it’s fittings, see the same stuff, and see that it is carrying 3 large Containers… Containers of Whoop Azz, that is. Make limits on # usable, and which vessels usable in.

1 Like

No.

2 Likes

Nice idea! :slight_smile:

… Kevlar?.. No, but the concept with cargo containers and bonus resists, yes.

TY for the fact check. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great article thanks for sharing.

1 Like

To play Devil’s advocate here…

Isn’t that the point here though. Gankers use torp bombers or catalysts. Both are very squishy. I can appreciate changing things so there is less certainty and people play a mixed strategy (see link below). But my concern is this won’t do that, that it will just change the dominant pure strategy equilibrium we currently have.

That is a very real possibility.

Though that opens up a new line of game progression and development as well.

Say, a new deep ship scanner that would penetrate the lead lining, but be counted as an act of agro. (Just a concept.)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.