Is Eve Dying/Dead?

There are several mining yield implants.

2 Likes

Eve is still runningšŸ™‚ā€¦ it will just die officially if CCP donā€™t have enough money to maintain it. Just hope that 16,000 toons have enough money to pay the rent.

Check the population numbers at eve offline dot net. We are below BLACKOUT levels and back to 2006 levels of server population.

Scarcity is killing Eve

2 Likes

a scarcity of uninjured players maybe
lateral flow test your assumptions
just donā€™t over-cycle your inappropriate diagnostic tool
you might get the result you are looking for
to sell a final solution

2 Likes

Sorry the server numbers do no lie. What ever nonsense you posted doesnā€™t refute that.

2 Likes

Server numbers are the server numbers. But they donā€™t really tell the full story given:
-lockdown has just ended and computer fatigue is a thing.
-There has been a period of great weather.
-The Euros are on and people are watching the footy as an event given they are allowed to see friends and family again.
-The olympics are about to start.
-There is always a dip in the summer and there is reason to believe that this summer will be more extreme due to the above.

You cant point to statistics without considering the external factors.

You might be right but neither you nor I will know you are right till we see where things are towards the end of the year.

When it starts to rain I donā€™t run around screaming that Iā€™m going to die because I donā€™t have a boat :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I do not care about player stats as long there are enough players to play with, and at least for Faction Warfare there are enough left to have fun (see my killboard).

So there might be regions which are underpopulated at the moment, if you donā€™t like it, just move somewhere where you find more people.

On the other side I also remember people whining on the forums that there is no empty space left in the game for new people to settle. So now it might be YOUR chance to find such an empty place! Go out and start building your empire.

2 Likes

EVE is undead, like a vampire.

Though ancient and foul, it is still possessed of terrible strength. Animated by rage and and driven by its endless hunger for the flesh of the living, it stalks the night of our darkest fears. Feeding on the blood of the young and the innocent, it grows stronger, buying its life by the death of its victims.

And yet, it is has a certain seductive charisma, a lure that draws us in, as the moth to the flame. Foreknowing our own doom, we return to its vile embrace, again and again.

13 Likes

EVE is neither dead or dying.

It can be killed thou, SC dropped 3.14 yesterday and ā– ā– ā– ā–  started to look real. They have desync issues, and thatā€™s what keep people away.

On a side note, I must ask you all to get real, EVE surfed the COVID wave, unless another major miracle happens for EVE, this is normal EVE. 20k players rn, solid.

o7

Ah, the desync issues kept people away, not the 10 years of development with no solid progress. Got it.

4 Likes

It took 20 years, to build a pyramid, so maybe SC needs another 10 years ?

30-40 years at this rate. This is what happens when you put a perfectionist (scam artist? canā€™t tell at this point) in charge. Back in 2016 people loved to say it took 6-10 years for some big games to get made in the past, but 10 years have gone by and we barely have a playable demo lol.

1 Like

What is ā€œSCā€ in this context, please? I donā€™t understand

Normally, I would think South Carolinaā€¦

Scam Star Citizen.

5 Likes

The industry and mining changes have made the game unplayable.

You know that phrase donā€™t fly what you canā€™t afford to lose. Well ships are unaffordable and it takes too much effort to build them now so no one wants to risk anything. So much effort that most ship builders just stopped building them. Minerals, and pi need a huge rebalancing againā€¦

6 Likes

eve is alive and kicking
it just midlife crisis
living in a chevy Camaro on a trailer park , pretending to be a mobile ftp game
one day a real woman will solve the problem and all will be back to normal ā€¦

3 Likes

The real reason is CCP donā€™t communicate directly to thier clients. There is no clear reason why they are doing what they are doing. Players will understand if they just show their clear roadmap.

NetEase are better than CCP. Because they answer directly thier clients questions and suggestions.

EvE is dead AF. Highsec is nothing but structure bashing multiboxers. Theres no point in having unique ships or using them to fight other people. Why play?

2 Likes

If ad when the last server goes silent, there will be a ship of my Order in space searching for a place to ā€œstandā€.

1 Like

And why haunt the forum of a dead game?

Thatā€™s just weird.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

3 Likes