Is Eve Dying/Dead?

Is Eve a dying/dead game? What are your opinions?

why would it be bait? I am curious in what people think? what is a “bait topic” anyways?

eve was always about metagame
the new meta is finding ways to continue playing avoiding the terrible game changes by CCP
HTFU

6 Likes

Cleaned up thread for OP. Please keep to the topic.

27 Likes

Point is we the players (especially the paying players) should NOT have to find ways around the terrible changes they make.

Any good business knows to listen to the customers.

Take something from here but give something there.

I see the taking, not the giving. :thinking:

4 Likes

Time will tell for now, but it’s sure is looking like taking that massive dump on industrialists might have gone a bit too far …

2 Likes

Been dying for years, as time goes on as things continue down “scarcity” people are not logging in, why, because farming isk and materials are the point of any game similar to eve, even pvp players have to farm others even if it’s not profitable it is the sense of accomplishment, ccp and the dev Rattani have taken this away and replaced it with PTW, works but the player base definitely changes.

2 Likes

Replacing it by a playerbase that will just hop on to the next game once they realize how shitty Eve is compared to other newer titles …

Then bye bye Eve.

1 Like

To be honest, it’s kinda why I’m looking to massively spend on a new rig, play more modern titles that require more updated cores, I’m just tired of going from one extreme of this and that, the consistent nerfs, etc.

3 Likes

check out the other thread about when will EVE be fun again. EVE is not dead. we keep paying and playing. However, anything other than pvp has become more tedious and more work than entertainment. As pointed out by others, at some point players need something back for all the takeaways. We dont leave because nothing else is like EVE, not because it is better than other games. and, most importantly, we like the people we play with.

6 Likes

Precisely, especially when we did warn CCP numerous times that changing the game the way they did over the last 7 years, would result to this, and now they realize it and are trying to make us pay while they “fix” it… lol a little too late you bleedin idiots …

At what point would an MMO be considered “dead?” There are still active players, company support, a regular influx of new players, and the usual triage of people who quit the game.

It seems to me EVE is healthy. Personally, if it got to the point where I could mine for a week in nullsec and never encounter another player, I might think it was dead, but that’s far from the present case.

Of course, CCP has its own metrics. When the cost of running New Eden exceeds the income for them, they’ll likely shut it down, but I don’t see that happening anytime soon.

2 Likes

Congrats, CCP’s been relying on wishful thinkers like you to barely make ends meet for the last 5 or so years, keep going, you might not even feel it slip from under your feet.

1 Like

Calm down, miner.

4 Likes

I used to play some other MMO which effectively died about 10 years ago. It’s still around, but all they do this days is some rehashed seasonal events and cash shop specials.

I’m not saying EVE is there yet, but it kinda starts to show some similarities.

However that other game company has actually other successful games that are still alive.

2 Likes

It’s just fine. Stop whining so much.

8 Likes

I want to mine but there are NO implants that give extra yield as far I I’m seeing (probably wrong).