Is there good money in level 2 missions

If you have trouble hitting smaller ships with railguns look up the missions in eve-survival so you know when to expect spawns. Fit an afterburner on your cruiser and when frigates spawn head directly away from them so your guns can track them ie reduce transveral down to virtually zero. You will have no problems hitting then. Useful to get a little bit of range before each new spawn too. Gallente ships have the advantage of giving you railguns and decent drones.

Keep away from ships smaller than yours and close to ships bigger than yours.

3 Likes

The ISK should buy you a new mission cruiser - I remember saving to buy my first cruiser (an Arbitrator) when mission running. It served me well. To have lost that, or been disappointed with it, would have disheartening. You’ve done the right thing, asked and not just screamed and ranted.
I know if you ever end up with spare ISK you’ll do the same to another struggling new player. Little bits of kindness are important.

Fittings on-line are frequently for combat against other players rather than for mission running ships (PvE - player v environment). They have different requirements - a mission ship needs a sustainable tank that can absorb damage over long mission engagements. Bluntly, PvP (Player v Player) tends to be a lot shorter and more aggressive than missions. A simple “lot of shield/armour” buffer tank can work well in those situations especially if backed by logistics/repair ships.

You can get hold of me in game by searching for “Terak Romaller” in the game search bar (top left of screen or the magnifying glass search window thingie) - send me an e-mail in game or start a conversation if I’m online.

2 Likes

It’s more like, turret ships require positioning so for newbro they are not as efficient as a missile boat, that does not care about your angular.

In reality, railgun moa is very good for HS-level of anoms and signatures - and perfectly fine for L2s once you know what you are doing. But it’s harder to put to good use, and actually also require more SPs.

2 Likes

pwned/owned

Hello, I’m going to come at you in a different way to most. Firstly, I too fly Caldari but I have tons of skills - being an old hand. However, I’m always broke from buying new toys to lose/waste at any given moment. This week there is a shortage of minerals, and commonly found minerals are fetching GOOD prices with very little risk.
So what about level 2 missions? There are a number of missions (especially where you have to deliver the girl or soldiers back to the agent) that can be ‘lengthened’ by not closing down the mission. Whether or not to close depends on the last room : if it is an asteroid field you CAN keep the mission open from shutdown to shutdown or even longer if you can avoid the ‘closing’ statement eg do not open the rescue container but leave it in space. CCP should not shut it down as you have not triggered the closure part.
So what? Well, you are presented with a full field of rocks just crying out to be mined - on your own! No competition nor dangerous Rats to care about. What is more, you can often find rocks in these fields that are not naturally part of the system level. Using jetcans (2 hrs life) you can mine and fetch until you drop dead from boredom.
Cart the rock back to your selling base and go back to the mission gate to fetch the rest. With asteroid prices now, this is extremely good ISK creation - without the R.
This can also be done at L1 although I do like to run L2’s in my little rocket frigate - remember, I have the skills to do that.
Think about it and live safe.

2 Likes

Let me give you 2 answers to your question.
1 How can i gain more from L2 missions? Stay away from the rats by using AB or MWD. All your weapons (rails, missiles) will outrange theirs. Kill the fast ones first. Use your drones, they are very effective vs frigates. Or use a destroyer, which are designed to counter lots of frigates, the Corax has a ridiculously huge missile range. And make sure you have Social and Negotiations skills maxed. And concentrate on one NPC corp, so you’ll gain LP and standing fast. And get an MTU, to gather all the loot quickly. Put it out at arrival and scoop it back when the mission is done (if theres more than one room, scoop and redeploy). Dont forget to scoop it back. Salvaging, which can be done quickly in a frigate or destroyer, is more lucrative in L3s.
And while you’re in a mission system, always check for complexes before jumping back to the agent. Any Guristas Hideaway, Refuge or Den is like a small extra mission, for quick extra money and loot.
2 Can i make lots of money without grinding missions? Sure. Tbh i made most of my ISK by exploration. In Hisec, not even wormholes. Fit a Heron and start scanning. Alpha skills are sufficient. Plain Hacking sites (data and relic both) will give you up to 2 mil each, and you have a chance of scanning down better complexes giving way better loot than any mission, up to 200 mil ISK (in a 3/10) per site (or just a few mil). Always check the type of complex in Uniwiki, a typical 3/10 can be done in any reasonably fit destroyer or cruiser within half an hour or faster.
tldr: try a Corax and check out hisec exploration.

1 Like

That’s lower than mining in high-sec.

not if you can only fly a venture. I calculated with a covetor t2 mining laser t2 crystals and t2 mining upggrades I made 1.4mill worth of Trit every 14min and 60 minutes devided by 60min mean I can fill up 4 times per hour meaning 1,4mill times is 5.6mill worth of veldspar maybe 10mill refined.

And I have 12000 m3 with level 3 in mining barge.

you have 5000 m3 in a venture so yeah mining as a new bro is less isk than a level 3 missions.

I spent a month trying out everything so see what´s best suited income for new bro players. Missions and mining hands down the best with a steady income. While you skill up and such.

Scaning and combat sites are bad becuse you kinda need to pray you get lucky drops which did not happen when I did an 8 hour run to test the income.

Scaning in null/low is bad idea for new bro´s becuse your not allowed to use cloak.

Abyssal t1-t2 is ■■■■ income and t-3 to t5 you need a ship no new bro can afford sure there are some t3 sites you can do with cheap ships but you kind of need to know what your doing so not new bro friendly.

I say to any new bro if any one tells you to do anything other than level 3-4 missions or mining for isk. Don´t listen to them because they never think about your skills or what you can afford. They all think you can afford a gila or have 10mill + sp.

And just becuse they got lucky in a data/relic sites does not mean you will be as lucky you can have a dry week and if you had a dry week if you spent that time doing missions you would have had made does 500mill in missions instead of maybe get a fat loot for 500mill.

Those are some good calculations. Very useful for a new or inexperienced player. Thanks!

With a lvl 2 ship I often pull over a million in salvage. Perhaps that’s a way to supplement your income.

BM the wrecks while in the mission then, after you’ve turned it in, fly back out with a maulus or a destroyer fitted for salvaging and nip between the wrecks giving them your best.

It can take time sometimes if wrecks are spread out and the loot isn’t always that good, but the huge majority of the time it outweighs my mission rewards by far…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.