Is there mining in Emerging Conduits?

cherry picking my statement out of context doesn’t make you correct.

1 Like

You must be a melon head. Why would you mine something far less valuable when you can mine the “good stuff” and just buy the minerals you need? If it was within 25% of value I’d understand the opportunity and other costs associated with mining the minerals you need.

Also your numbers are wrong. Not sure where you are getting that value from. Regardless, how you waste your time is your business. I don’t actual care.

You’re actually correct, my numbers are wrong, by about 10-12%. I have them accounting for reprocessing, market, and other costs. Although, the fact that Talassonite is less than 60% of the value of Veldspar and only melon heads would mine it is correct.

1 Like

all im going to say here, in relation to someone dropping insults…

Mine the ore and go refine it somewhere and check its value that way for yourself to see if its worth it to you or not.

I mean for those that dont mine on moons it very well could be.
I know what its worth, and the rock itself is underpriced.

2 Likes

207 992 = Talassonite
337 920 = veldspar

ISK per 16m3 with 100% refining and no tax. Jita buy prices. While my math is not perfect numbers says everything.

Also, if crystals and reprocessing skills wont work on that ore (never tested myself). Profit will be even smaller.

Sometimes it is not about min/maxing or the ISK. I do it merely because it is something different from a belt. The site is near exclusive to myself and allies from; other miners, gankers or NPC locusts fleets. No need to be concerned about the time of day or whether belts have been cleared already. Run the content and there is a private belt - any where / any time. Being able to determine the battlefield is half the fight in a PvP game.

5 Likes

Depends on the time lost in moving around.

If you move around and just mine the best thing, sure, you’ll get the most ISK/m3.

But if you stay put and just suck down everything, you’ll have the biggest m3/hour.

If the total isk value of the biggest m3/hour is more than the total isk value of the most ISK/m3, then the most profitable haul is the one that stays put.

Other things factor in too. If it’s difficult to transport, maybe you want the better ISK/m3 because that’ll work out to a better return after you pay a hauler. All that stuff.

Then there’s the warm fuzzy feeling you get from stripping a belt to consider too. :slight_smile:

Our corporation enjoys destroying the Trigs, closing the conduit, then, as a group, mining the talassonite. We typically use an Orca and a few barges. We have found that the Strip Miner I’s without crystals yield the best. As a corporation, we build Dominixes, so the Nocx, Zydrine, and Megacyte that you get after reprocessing makes it very much worth our time.

6 Likes

Scordite crystals work as it is a version of that ore. An orca and a retriever can mane 35 million worth per hour. You will never mine it all before down time.

4 Likes

are scordite crystals confirmed by anyone else?

1 Like

I tried it today and it is not true. You will have much better m3/sec with Strip miner I

1 Like

I am glad that people are seeing the value in this new content, both in isk and activity. We have started farming the sites with a doctrine fleet. We find the content great and the triglavian skins you earn are pretty awesome. Fly safe!

Tested a max yield mining fleet doctrine (hulks, miasmis, orcas) and compared to my corporations usual fleet doctrine of tank fitted, skiffs, miasmis and orca in veldspar belts, and determined the isk per hour is just about the same. The security risk is also the same; these sites would need to be scanned down, giving me time to warp my nimble fleet off to safety. Whereas i would never risk a fleet comp like this in normal belts.

Where mining these sites lose out as regular content for my corp is the high SP barrier to entry to reach that. And unless freighting in these unique minerals is more expensive than mining/refining/selling velspar, or I’m working in a remote location i don’t see any tactical reason corp leaders should be regularly mining these.

I know i did my fair share of googling, reading and obsessing over this topic before finally just deciding to undock my stuff and finding out fir myself. I was obsessed with the idea that these sites could provide a lot of content to my corp members, especially in the form of meaningful small scale industrial gameplay. Corp members freighting, building, trading all in the vicinity of any major trade hub. Corp managers managing, mentoring and providing content to our newbros/casual veteran members. Rival corps are givem new opportunities to interrupt/compete these ops. This is the emergent corp management gameplay i crave for. I want to strategize; Does the corp geographically diversify to avoid meddling rivals, or subsidize a link in industrial chain to motivate members to fill the roles, etc etc.

Alas, unless others provide insight my own testing that wasn’t obvious to me, Im rdy to put this matter to rest. I’m delighted to know of this tactical possibility in the game, and a potential purpose for hulks and max yield fits that requires the full attention of the fleet and not just another afk option.

3 Likes

I totally agree with you. Since CCP nerfed the EC, they are still very good for mining. What’s more, even more so now that moon mining has been removed of any use.

However I believe it’s also too efficient and CCP will soon destroy it too.

2 Likes

Added bonus is during an invasion… Perimeter system -> emerging conduit where you benefit from the 10% invasion bonus. After conduit cleared, the zone must be scanned down to find u. We use them to fill the void left by the moon nerf. Braver souls go for the 25% deeper in

1 Like

no roaming trig fleet ? I heard they can go to completed EC.

I’ve not seen that in any EC so I suspect not, as the site disappears fron overview, unlike Sealed Minor conduit for example. Maybe if you stay to mine for hours, but they don’t come when site is open so guessing not

1 Like

I mined the asteroids up there in this Vid…

Cheap Alpha Praxis Emerging Conduit Guide

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.