ISK Influx Anomaly

Nationality is not race and has nothing to do with race. jesus, the idiocy just grows in leaps and bounds around here. Also, flag all you want. Would you like a coloring book with your safe space too?

1 Like
  1. Abyss content launch.
  2. CSM elections.
  3. Suspended accounts re-instated (with wallets intact).
  4. Something needs a lot of isk for something, or wants it off inactive accounts.

First two certainly contributed.
The last two are speculative, but the spike is big enough that its unlikely the first two caused it entirely.

Or its CCP data/accounting error.

For lack of a better word, the act of disparaging collectives based on who they are perceived to be is called racism.

Slurring Chinese for being Chinese is racism. Claimign itā€™s not a race is pointless: we donā€™t have a better word so we compare disparaging of collectives with the former disparaging based on race. We call the whole after the name of a part, but itā€™s still the same thing.

(Case in point: ā€œautismā€ doesnā€™t exists. Thereā€™s a many conditions of what now we call ā€œAutism Spectre Disordersā€ or ASD. What was originally called ā€œautismā€ is just one of those ASDs, but we still use the name of the part to adress the whole)

1 Like

Sinophobia is the closest more accurate term i can think of. That or just plain old negative steroetyping.

I agree with other poster, that it is innaccurately called ā€œracismā€.

I do agree it is nonetheless against forum rules.

Now can we please return to actual topic?

Yes, please!

2 Likes

Wel, PCU shows an upward anomaly in the last weekend of may and first weekends of June: instead of going down, PCU actually went up, so we know that more players were playing.

32 trillion looks like a lot, but itā€™s only 640 x50 billion accounts. 640 people is not a lot out of a pool of (at the very, very least) 600,000 retired PvE players.

I think you overestimate that 50bil wallet of inactive players.

Probably closer to 5bil, which raises the return figure to 6400 players in that short span.

Does Sinophbia include all 27 of the officially recognized ethnicites in Chinaā€¦?

As I said, the widespread use of ā€œracismā€ to address collective disparaging is just a case of naming the whole after the part, something quite usual in languages. I donā€™t know if thereā€™s a word in philosophy, either Latin or Greek, that means ā€œall those who we attribute a same identity to themā€. My guess is that it doesnā€™t exist so we canā€™t make a cute portmanteau of something-phobia and stop using ā€œracismā€ā€¦ speciallly since xenophobia is already taken.

Yes, as it refers to the nation of China.

As you point out, calling it racism is innaccurate, as there is no ā€œchinese raceā€, rather there are 27 ethnic groups with disparate genetic origin as well as countless admixtures both now and historically.

Can we drop this now?

I mean retired PvE players. After two years, a mission runner who paid his sub with money will tipically owe several faction BS, one or two Marauders, a few faction modulesā€¦ thatā€™s like 10 to 15 bilion just in assets. Plus PLEX. Plus liquid ISK. And letā€™s hope active ISK doesnā€™t accounts the market value of skillpoints.

Afaik, only raw isk is in the figure.
No PLEX or other assets.

As above, I think you overestimate the average wallet size of inactive players.

I personally have never had more than 5bil at a time in raw isk.

A inaccurate name is better than no name. Naming the whole after a part might be inaccurate, but itā€™s usable, specially when there is no accurate word.

Just look at this thread, werā€™e using ā€œcode wordsā€ continuously, like ā€œmission runnerā€. What is a mission runner? Do they even exist as in someone who only does agent missions? If a ā€œmission runnerā€ mines, is he still a misison runner? Et cetera.

But the point is, thereā€™s players who are not playing, and come back to play the new content, and have large wealth that haves a serious impact on the active ISK.

I dont agree. Words have meaning, and the point of words is to communicate oneself accurately so as to be understood accurately (since we arent telepathic).
But it doesnt matter to this thread.

I dont have data on hand, but I dont think other added content has resulted in such a spike of re-activated isk wallets.

Then hereā€™s were you are wrong. Active ISK accounts for all assets, not just liquid ISK. AID is related to economy size, is measured in ISK but is not just the ISK.

See here, it measures the value of the account when it joins or leaves:

https://forums-archive.eveonline.com/message/6380174/#post6380174

Is there a figure for just raw isk to deduct from that?

LOL, words have a meaning, but that meaning is a code, not a reality, and it only is as accurate as people agree on it. A same word can have many meanings, and they all are as accurate as the person, time and place involvedā€¦ and sometimes theyā€™re not accurate at all and yet convey the message.

The purpose of language is to communicate. if we lakc accurate word, we loan them to mean what is intended.

(And thatā€™s even worst when speaking a foreign language, where the accurate word is replaced by anything remotely ressembling it).

So yes, slurring Chinese is racism, because we donā€™t have a better word for it. Same as you say ā€œa pine treeā€ or ā€œa fir treeā€ when itā€™s actually a specific conifer.

1 Like

Sinophobia is literally accurate by definition for your purposes, per here: Anti-Chinese sentiment - Wikipedia

Anti-Chinese sentiment, Sinophobia (from Late Latin Sinae ā€œChinaā€ and Greek Ļ†ĻŒĪ²ĪæĻ‚, phobos, ā€œfearā€), or Chinophobia is a sentiment against China, its people, overseas Chinese, or Chinese culture.

Raw ISK would be too volatile, IMO. I guess itā€™s not accounted at all, what would be the point to know that player X bought as many PLEX as he could by looking at his liquid ISK plummet? He still haves the same wealth, just in a different form. Itā€™s like RL eocnomy, they donā€™t mean literal dollars as in bills, coins or things you can see or touch such as cars, brooms and land plots; actualy the things you can touch or see are worth less than 1% of the global wealth.

Except noone is afraid of the Chinese as a nation or even as a people, only of what Chinese gamers inevitably turn every game they touch into: a bot infested, cheat and hack filled cesspool. And of course a rational person knows that Chinese gamers are who we are talking about, but those like Yiole have to make it ā€œall Chineseā€ to support their SJW ā€œeveryone with an opinion I donā€™t agree with is racist/homophobic/nazi/etcā€ agenda. And Iā€™ll leave it at that, but I bet Yiole wonā€™t.

Raw isk data would be invaluable for a number of reasons, primarily for measuring how much of it is currently ingame and deducting it from other data so as to ascertain what is being done with it.

Isk is remarkably difficult to destroy in EVE.
The greatest sink is players ā€œleavingā€, and inversly, returning players bring it back into the numbers.