Isk sinks

What are you talking about? I’m advocating for less isk sinks and more isk faucets

Thanks for pointing out that, editing mistake

right now, the value of isk is deflating. You can buy ships for cheaper than you could in the past, meaning we have too little isk in comparison to minerals

im gonna need solid data for that

while this is true, the problem is minerals are being produced at a far greater pace than isk. You can nerf rorqs all you want, but you still need to keep in mind there’s a significant investment to get into one and CCP can’t nerf it too far otherwise goons will start complaining

What’s wrong with more isk/minerals in the game? More ships to fight with right?

Edit: -oops-

I’m also a supporter of this. As it is now, there is little reason to fight over anything, unless you in sov, since there are plenty of ISK to go around for everyone.

However, this is a life-long discussion that has been going on the forums. Basically we have people who believe asset destruction and conflict is what drives the interest in eve, versus people who believe more safety and rewards should be the main drive to attract players.

This just punishes new players.

The issue must first be addressed by asking “where is the isk coming from?”.

The answer is null. So the solution is to nerf null income, so that current sinks can do their jobs. The problem in eve is mainly capitals/supers when it comes to income/facets. we need to put them back into a reasonable amount of isk, say capping at 150m.

lets assume that there are 5000 capitals, and supers out there. Most of them can make 200-300m an hour. This is around 1,500,000,000,000 (1.5trillion) isk an hour. The income rate of eves economy is around 6,500,000,000,000,000 isk a month.

This value significantly dwarfs other forms of income, so the real issue ultimately when it comes to fixing null, is o change the income rates of ratting, specifically from super/capital levels.

The best way i can gather to do this is to make it so the capitals/supers cannot shoot subcapitals. This would open up room for ccp to add “capital” or “super” capital class pve sites, which have more controlled rates (100-150m/hr).

Some minor changes can be made now to help reduce the stress on this issues like dd’s not effective rats, as one of the ways titan-multiboxers make 600m/char is to use aoe dd’s to instantly wipe the spawns after clearing the first wave.

From here, we’d need to look at reducing the benefits of null, to help balance out space.

2 Likes

Let’s say it costs you $1 to buy a cookie. There is a total of $100 in the market. That means the cookie is worth 1/100th of the market. If the government burns $50, then there’s only $50 left in the market
In order for that same cookie to be worth 1/100th of the market, the price would need to drop down to $0.5
Conversely, if the government adds $100 then there’s $200 in the market, and for that cookie to be 1/100th of the market the price would rise to $2
Here, we see the price of ships dropping. This means that we have scenario one, where the government is burning money, or in our case there isn’t enough isk being produced.

More ISK and minerals is not an issue per se. It is all about relative numbers.

If the amount of ISK generated is much higher than the amount of ISK leaving the system, ISK is slowly becoming worth less and less, which is called inflation. While in the real world people can adjust to the new prices of money, in EVE a lot of ISK numbers are hardcoded (bounty rewards, skillbook prices and such) which makes ISK inflation (and deflation) an issue in EVE.

A balanced EVE economy would have equal ISK sinks and faucets.

Another part is the amount of minerals entering and leaving the economy. Here we have the same point that to have a stable economy, the amount of minerals leaving and entering should be equal over time.

Assuming the ISK price is stable by balancing the ISK faucets and sinks, the price of minerals gets determined by the amount of safety and/or danger in EVE. Safety means more minerals entering (because of safe mining), while danger means more minerals leaving (through ship explosions).

So if you think the price of minerals is getting too cheap, it is clear what EVE needs in your opinion: more explosions.

Unfortunately, there is no way of forcing people to fight over things. Sure, a big factor may be the lack of destruction but there’s no way of telling people to lose their stuff if they don’t want to

1 Like

Bounty rewards is literally printing isk out of nothing, I don’t understand what your issue is with this.
Other things such as BP’s and skillbooks are at a constant price sure, but if you look at the MER they don’t have a big impact on the overall money supply

Um no, if the money supply remained constant then there wouldn’t be enough to go to all the new players

You cannot force anyone to fight. You are right in that.

However, there should be heavy incentives to interact with other players. This is basically what we are saying. Give us a reason to fight over stuff and interact with other people.

1 Like

I think this is over-simplified.

Certainly some of the calls for more safety and rewards are for new players, and (if the poster got a chance :slight_smile: would deny the safety and higher rewards being available to experienced , richer players.

That “third way” starts with one of your two options, but transitions to the other.

In practice EVE is “upside down” at the moment. The richest players (sov-owners, botters, etc) don’t have to fight, while the poorest are easy targets, and frequent victims of one-sided PvP.

There might be a “happy medium” in between, but you’d never guess it from these forums /sigh.

There’s plenty of reasons to fight, i hear R64’s are really nice for making isk.
Also, eve is a sandbox, it’s not up to CCP to make players fight we need to want to fight in order for that to happen

This isn’t an accurate description how the EVE economy works.

It’s not close to RL either, but that doesn’t matter. The way the supply of money is managed IRL is very different to the way it’s managed in EVE. You have to be extremely careful about carrying over assumptions from RL monetary policy to EVE.

The current issue looks like over-production of raw materials compared to consumption (destruction of stuff, and more ownership, increased stocks in the system).

Please elaborate. If i missed anything crucial from macro, i’d love to know

I have no issue with bounty rewards. Activities that print ISK are fine, as long as an equal amount of ISK leaves the game elsewhere.
Also my point about BPs and skillbooks was not that they are ISK sinks, my point was that these ISK values are hardcoded, which makes inflation and deflation an issue.

I have no idea what you mean with this response. How is this related to what I wrote?

Whoops, my bad.

Also i don’t understand what your issue is. From what i can tell, you make your isk through sleepers. In my post i’m proposing a reduction of sales tax, so you get less sales tax on your blue loot, as well as an increase in bounty token, blue loot and red loot prices, so you get more isk. I only see benefits for you

No credit in EVE, and as a consequence the “financial system” is insignificant.

ISK is “mined” independently of the EVE’s “Real Stuff” economy.

It was definitely simplified. I think if I had to write all the nuances of everyone’s opinions that one can encounter on the forums, then you guys would be in for a ginormous wall of text :smiley:

I’m not claiming to know the solution to improve eve. I only articulate my opinions created from stuff like the MER and personal experience. From those, I believe that currently the game is way too safe.

Hopefully, CCP are doing some objective data analysis behind doors on which they base their balance changes.

Oh i see. Well, skillbooks and BP’s are a relatively niche market. Looking at a majority of the end products on the market, they’re built by players. Obviously, we can’t cover every case if some items have hardcoded values and others are player driven

Why do we need credit, and how does this change anything? I don’t believe i ever mentioned borrowing or lending isk, i’ve only mentioned factors that drive the market.

I have no idea what you’re trying to say here, but i’ll take a stab in the dark.
If you’re saying that players make the isk and thus inflation is unregulated, this is completely true. However, there are market forces that adjust for this because the market is also unregulated.