Jump Bridges After POS Removal?

I bet this question has already been answered somewhere but I can’t find it.

What is going to happen to Jump Bridges anchored on POS’s after they are removed? Will they still be in the game?

1 Like

Think it’s abit early to start talking about what will happen when they get removed, the structure that is supposed to be replacing it are still only “Design Idea” so it’s at least 1-2 years out in the future, IMO.

didn’t they say at fan fest that it was next on the list? would suspect late winter at the latest definitely not two years.

op they will probably be just like now maybe a few bells and whistles but they will be their own structure rather that tied to another

1-2 YEARS?? That is an awful long time! JB’s have been a key part of alliance infrastructure!

3 Likes

They aren’t going to remove POS until all of the functions can be done with a upwell structure.

makes sense @Wander_Prian

There is an idea from one of the forum members about Upwell Stargates, coming in Medium, Large, and Extra Large sizes. I think that would be a great idea as a replacement for jump bridges. Anyway, I am interested to see what CCP does.

From Fanfest’s structures presentation at the 30 minute mark they said the new Navigation Structures are going to be classified as “small” due to using different reinforcement mechanics and no tethering, compared to M/L/XL, but this doesn’t mean they’re going to be physically small. It looks like they’re tying at least some of their functionality to IHub upgrades, but are open to changing this down the road.

Obviously anything not released is subject to change, but Small seems to be a mechanical distinction. Even if they release larger (region-gate-sized?) Navigation Structures, I imagine they’d still be classified as Small.

1 Like

Thanks, man! I was too lazy to watch the fanfest presentations. Kudos to you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.