Just came back to the game, need guidance!

So like title says, i just recently started playing the game again after 3 years and a lot of changed -.-, and right now i need to make some moneys! So the question is, what should i be doing to make some isk? Like what are the best solo activities for making money now? I use to do L4 missions but those don’t seem so great anymore. Next question is, what should i be flying?! How has the ship balance changed/ how are the new ships in pve? I can fly anything command ship or below with t2 everything and good skills. PvP is an eventual goal but right now just trying to get into the game again and build up my isk stores. Any guidance is appreciated!

1 Like

For solo play then LVL 4s is probably the way to go. Check out this Blitz and Burner Guide - Blitz and Burner Guide v1.2.3

1 Like

I was looking at that guide earlier problem is while i have the skills i don’t have the money to do those yet, also as i am getting use to the game again don’t feel the best risking it >.>. Maybe ill stick with the L4s just gotta find a non-missile non-drone boat to do them in, in an effective manner (don’t like the missile travel time and don’t like how they shoot at me drones now!)

1 Like

For a projectile based boat the Machariel is your best bet… but as you said you’re not rolling in the ISK that could be out of reach for a bit.

1 Like

Ya slightly out of my price range plus battleships are the area where my skills become deficient i was a cruiser/BC sized pvp pilot before i quit so all my skills are focused around that no t2 large weapons and non-L5 BS skills.

1 Like

If i do L4s in some fashion after i find a ship and fit i can use should i go get a noctis as soon as i can to salvage the mission or just go for bounties? Used to be pretty good to get the loot don’t know about now.

1 Like

well what is your budget then? It’s pretty easy to run a few missions, buy a new ship, and repeat till you have a ship for each mission. The garmur is cheap and it can run all 4 team burners which should give a huge boost to income, I’d probably buy that first. And then the daredevil can run a few with the same rigs, although needs to swap a few mods around. The wolf and hawk fits are more specific but the wolf is reasonably cheap.

And as far as safety goes, if you check my post in the burner mission thread there are a bunch of cap stable setups that are safe to run vs the frig burners, the cruiser ones are a bit more dangerous, but not too much. Burner Mission - Ship advice to solo them including fittings

2 Likes

My current budget without selling my only ship is 130m, when i was looking earlier alot of those setups seemed to indicate that faction mods were necessary, i like cap stable setups for pve alot so ill give that a read. I can currently do L4s in my current ship i just really dislike having to pay attention to my drones in those boring missions so was hoping for a side grade in that respect to do some non burner l4s to build up more capital to work on those burner faction setups. And eventually get back to what i was doing when making lots of money which is running null anoms but ive forgotten how and where and need lots more money incase ‘accidents’ happen ;p. The burner missions really seem cool but right now not enough for those faction setups and to much of a coward in relation to meh moneys to do a t2 fit similar.

1 Like

yea the drone micro is annoying, I only ever use sentry drones as I can scoop them if they get aggro, or lights as they are the least likely to get aggro. Although it seems that gila mediums work very well. Although I’m not really sure what sub bs options are like currently, I’ve done some lv4s with t3c and hacs, but it’s been a while.

130m is pretty limiting for lv4 ships but should be enough to at least pick up the garmur. Orbit at 22km (25km on the minmatar version, due to wrecking hits) and dps the logi then the burner.

[Garmur, Team Burners]
Crosslink Compact Ballistic Control System

5MN Cold-Gas Enduring Microwarpdrive
Peripheral Compact Target Painter
Astro-Inertial Compact Missile Guidance Computer, Missile Range Script
Astro-Inertial Compact Missile Guidance Computer, Missile Range Script

Polarized Rocket Launcher, Caldari Navy Mjolnir Rocket

Small Hydraulic Bay Thrusters II
Small Rocket Fuel Cache Partition II
Small Warhead Flare Catalyst I

Caldari Navy Inferno Rocket x750
Caldari Navy Mjolnir Rocket x1000
Caldari Navy Nova Rocket x1000
Caldari Navy Scourge Rocket x750
Mjolnir Javelin Rocket x1500

1 Like

Good point about the sentries maybe ill try that instead of heavies. (Since im currently in a drone boat) Also thanks for that fit ill give it a try! and blame everyone else when i blow up! ;p

1 Like

Dunno if anyone is still reading this but im having alot of trouble finding a non drone BC/cruiser hull to do missions in/make money effectively while skilling up to a nightmare (2 months) ishtar is what im using, the shield tank doesn’t seem as strong as it use to and going armor lowers the damage. Also the drones getting shot every time i plop them down makes it extremely annoying. I was looking at a loki but all the specs i make have the problem of low range high dps making transit time prohibitively bad or good range bad dps. Same with the legion, the phantasm seems ok oddly enough 500ish dps ok tank 1.2km movement. Does anyone have a good replacement for the ishtar/tengu type role in the same size?

1 Like

Maybe step down to doing level 3 security missions, those are relatively easy to complete in a Shield Tank Hurricane and you can field drones as well. If you like doing long range sniper action 650 Arty’s will work fine. With up close combat, 425 AC’s will make short work of most NPC’s in lv 3 missions.

I suggest fitting 2x Large Shield Extender II, Invulnerability Field II, 10MN Afterburner II, Damage Control II, 2x Gyrostabilizer II, Tracking Enhancer II and a Power Diagnostic System II which gives bonus to amount of Cap, amount of Shield, Cap and Shield recharge as well as powergrid.

Anyway, hope this helps and good luck to you.

DMC

My ship of choice for lvl 3 missions is the cynabal.

t2 AC’s in the highs with an optional tractor beam (if it fits, makes grabbing cans for missions like damsel a little bit faster)

2x energized adaptives, medium shield extender, a 10mn AB, and a tracking computer with optimal range script in the mids.

Damage control, 3x gyrostab, tracking enchancer II in lows.

5x hobgoblin 2 drones, and faction ammo for damage (use appropriate damage type for rats)

anti-EM 2, 2x Core defense extender for rig slots.

30k ehp tank, 65% lowest shield resist, 300dps.

I have never had an issue with any lvl 3 mission, most of them I can blow through so fast i barely have to think about them. can easily handle null-rats, and even some lvl 4 missions although they take time.

1 Like