[K.C.] [hiring] Looking for Biologist/Animal Expert

do I count you in?
I’m sorry to be procedural, but there is some legal papers to ratify.

Of course, you can also just wait, if the board decide to release the info, we will made it public.

1 Like

Well, I’m not a biologist, so I wouldn’t be the person you’re looking for anyway.

1 Like

Unfortunately I know animals mosty from their culinary side. Like bacon or sausage.

2 Likes

@Corraidhin_Farsaidh What are the possibilities with your creations? can I reproduce any living creature?

1 Like

I’m afraid they don’t work that way. Each mimetic has a fixed set of material built in, which can then be restructured to any planform the mimetic has stored. The properties and abilities of each planform are governed by the materials available.

So a mimetic can’t create a living body as such, but it can create an artificial body with whatever characteristics you want, governed by the available materials. Theoretically if you could create a structure to hold an infomorph consciousness, you could then ‘pilot’ the mimetic construct I suppose. That’s way ahead of my research though, I’m focussing more on the material science side of things.

1 Like

I may have badly formulated my question.

We have a problem with an endemic population on planet-side and don’t want to genocide this species. But they lives inside a complex of interconnected caves rendering it hard to scan and survey it at a distance.

So having an autonomous plateform able to mimic them and go retrieve data could help us greatly.

do you think it would be possible?

Ah I see. There are many options here, mimic the species, or mimic another species that occupy the caves that the target population ignore. For instance sending in a swarm of mimetics configured as spiders could spread through the cave system. The mimetics would have surveillence systems, network systems, and potentially many planforms to allow non-threatening environment infiltration.

I’d need to know more fully the problem and your intentions. I wouldn’t take kindly to my research being used for purposes I don’t agree with (naturally). But there shouldn’t be an issue if you can provide schematics of the creatures you need to mimic. Any mechanism they use to ID each other can be mimiced too.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.