KVN-36 Node Death - 2020/08/21

Found on reddit … awesome.

4 Likes

We used to crash on 200 person fights.

1 Like

Imgur

1 Like

This is disgusting. They log in, activate hack and repair their keepstar before we even materialise. Litteraly. There is just no time to do anything else. Like how is this supposed to be fair. Meanwhile CCP Aurora is parading around saying that we should calm down and that everything is fine.

3 Likes

the server never crashed in x47

Deal with it, we got drifter invasions when we came to the north.
And your threat about unsubbings just shows how childish you are.

2 Likes

goons has been on the other side of server crash several times. funny how the replies are exactly the same now, just from different sides.

ualx and the last fountain war comes to mind, as does hed-gp back in the halloween war. lots of others also exist

3 Likes

PANFAM crew has a lot of former bob in it and we all know what they are used to from devs and the game… Together with bunch of newer players with attention span of a lobotomised gnat it explains a lot of the entitlement in this thread.

1 Like

What is new since then? The metaliminal storm code maybe? Who knows.

2 Likes

The Goon posts and “arguments” here are a pretty pathetic display of schadenfreude - as well as pathetic that they attempt to use EV E Forums as a kind of Reddit for shitposting to begin with at all.

Goons and their allies have actually attempted to crash the server on several other fights in the past - claim they have been victims of it too and sufferd from it, and now they come here to *cheer the server dying (???)

And claiming we’re the ones with "short attention spans and “sense of entitlement” when were asking for a gaming experience that includes a game actually working in ONE specific circumstance: the most important one of them all, the one CCP themselves advertise as their biggest and main attraction in many cases.

What we are getting at here is that CCP themselves specifically announced and stated that they would not introduce any changes that would adversely affect both or one side seriously.

CCP needs to find out what happened here quick as hell, the rest of us understand that - if this isn’t clear to CCP they’ll end the glorious run we all know as EVE quicker than they might comprehend, those of us who truly love EVE see no point in that and will push feedback to avoid that.

In the meantime, ye - sure I feel "somewhat / a bit “entitled” to get what I pay for sometimes ye - silly silly entitled little me, - so I want any source of error that might be causing me to waste 4 or more hours on a weekend Friday night - metaliminal storms or whatever - if its destroying my gaming, my weekend, my months of effort to get into that specific situation, system and fight - ye, effin heck I feel entitled to both some serious feedback and some real solutions.

But perhaps Goons do want the game never to be working again in large scale fights - is that it?
Now please - return to reddit, 4chan or wherever the heck it is you people shitpost.

1 Like

Sure - silly me - paying and expecting something back that works or asking that I can trust it will be fixed. Sry. will never do it again. Expect that I should get anything for my money.
From now on I will give my money away without making a sound, not expecting a damn thing to change or be fixed. I’ll be a good boy and shut up and let you big people talk from now on ye.

ye gads…

besides, I did not “threaten” as you call it at all, I clearly pointed out that CCP is messing with the gameplay of the really die hard fans here who have in the teens of accounts - they should think about who they stand in danger of loosing long term if they dont take this seriously.

it takes a long time to build up a proper core of those players , so even if they do have “thousands and thousands” of new players just “trying eve” every day - I think they really should carefully consider how they are treating the old “core” as well, they may have a ton of new players every month, week day etc. yet we still see no significant rise in the weekly login numbers but its neither here nor there - the point is you should never ever disregard your main core of old players (customers) in any way shape or form.
There are tons of companies gone bust on history’s scrapheaps that can attest to that.
We precisely do NOT want to see CCP go down that road.

So , again: I even specifically pointed out that it was a warning from someone who DIDNT want to unsub anything or see EVE take any hits. retarded… your google translate not working or something?

Damn, your just making this more funny to me.
I never said you shouldn’t expect worth for your money, I just mentioned that you should deal with it.
When Goons went to Tribute there were sudden and massive drifter invasions in Delve and when they complained they were told to just adapt to the new game mechanics.
There have been countless issues with keepstar timers and disconnects in massive fights but when it is to your advantage it is ok to tell people to adapt or leave.
Warning people (in this case the game developers) that people are going to unsubscribe can be viewed as a threat. If you don’t want that you should use other wordings for your arguments.

And the personal attacks on my character (as in not being able to understand english) you did in your post just proves once again that your are childish and cannot discuss things like an adult.

Priorities yeah… more testing on Singularity perhaps needed. idk

Yeah, it is funny alright,
funny how you yourself being the first calling other people childish, - yourself actually being the one resorting to actual character attacks and the use of negative connotated adjectives on other people, and then even having the gall to be complaining about personal attacks when my response was completely devoid of any description of yours. (your character).

And me noting that you were not being able to interpret what I wrote correctly is no character attack at all - its the ONLY interpretation left , at least one of very few and I didn’t want to assume you were just trolling me to smear me, but sure - I didn’t know for sure - and still dont know for sure - so yeah, you’re literally forcing it upon me (and others) with what to others must look like inability to comprehend what - was written in what you now seem to admit is your mother tongue,

But even so how is it an attack to assume someone does not speak english ??? :smiley:
It’s completely alright not to be fluent in english - and also alright not to assume that everyone is A+++ fluent experts in usage of the english language.
no one needs to assume everyone is, and if someone doesnt understand what I write it must be completely fine to ask or search for wherein the misinterpretation lies.

But I also earlier specifically asked for this not to turn into reddit so I think I’ll let you (all) have the floor alone now if reddit style posting is really what you want it for.

I take no pleasure in describing, smearing, namecalling or character attacking and I dont need or want to be dragged into it either on a wave of negative feedback.

And besides, This got empty of any real meaning real quick

And… what’s the difference. We had 8000 people max online then in the whole game… also the hardware has supposedly been massively upgraded and coding performance enhancements have supposedly been done too since then… in relative terms we haven’t moved on…

Also there going to be big fights happening with over 100 keepstars to go. We simply can’t do this for every single keepstar can we? I mean that was a 4-5hr fight in 10% tidi last night utterly awful and then the node crash happened and then that was that. Not sure if you was there but damn that was utterly rubbish outcome. And we got to do it again!

For a lot of people that have lives and families sacrificing that amount of time for a game over that is enough to ask our players without having those issues.

2 Likes

Here you are cleary dissatisfied with the fact that the node crashed and you lost the timer because of it.
And you urge the devs to fix this since it affected you in a negative way.

I told you to deal with it.
This game supports massive fights and things are bound to go wrong at some point.

This I view as a threat because you are warning someone of consequences which would be the same if you warn someone not to mess with you or else.
It is my personal opinion that I find these remarks childish.

This I see as an attack due to the suggestion that I couldn’t understand what you were talking about while you could read my reply just fine.

I wasn’t trolling, just stating that when we had the issues we were told to adapt or go away.
And when things went sour for the other team this time around it is ok to complain and that Goons must have influenced the server somehow (one of the general recurring opinions in this thread, not saying yours specifically)

Nope, English is a second language to me

Like you said it became meaningless to discuss this, I understand that it is frustrating that the node went down and that the timer was saved because of it but you are not the only ones this happened to and we all had to deal with it.
And most likely it won’t be the last time.

This thread is a gift that keeps on giving.

Just a final point on that “topic”
How on earth is it “childish” not to want to pay for a product that isn’t working as intended???

If I have to spend yet another 10s of hours to re-ref that same KS, (or others) yet another shield bash, THEN go through even more dozens of hours preparing for the armor timer and then experiencing the SAME thing again, a server crash - and no result - and then getting the SAME response from CCP they quote on EVE_status twitter:

“CCP decided after considerable deliberation not to intervene or alter the outcome of any large scale player engagements, such as the one you were part of, regardless of server status or issues that may have occurred.” - Got that reply before and it applies here as well."

Then I can GUARANTEE you that I at least will be unsubbing a few accounts for a month or several.
I can accept their having genuine problems - but I dont accept the problems and thir results not being rectified in a proportional and reasonable manner.

I f this continues and the timer isnt increased to 30mins and or the work put into the effort acknowledged through resetting states to reflect the work and effort already put in -
then there’s going to be some kind of response from players ye - and its not going to be shooting at a statue for 2 hours+, I can promise you that.

3 Likes

Don’t let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

2 Likes

you need to use google translate properly too.
"unsubbing a few accounts "
you wont be getting rid of me.

congrats on turning this into reddit btw. bye.

1 Like