L4 Apocalypse fit

Hello,
recently, I got reputation for L4 Amarr missions and I bought myself an Apocalypse. I wanted to go for a beam fit first to see how L4 missions go and to get my skills up before switching to Pulse fit, but as I tried to simulate a fit in Pyfa, it just seems that you can´t fit 8x beams without going over CPU and Power grid even with All 5 skills. The only way I could fit all the things is using rigs:

[Apocalypse, Apocalypse fit copy]

Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Large ‘Accommodation’ Vestment Reconstructer I
True Sansha Armor Kinetic Hardener
True Sansha Armor Kinetic Hardener
True Sansha Armor Explosive Hardener
True Sansha Armor Explosive Hardener

Large Micro Jump Drive
Heavy Capacitor Booster I, Navy Cap Booster 3200
Optical Compact Tracking Computer, Tracking Speed Script
Optical Compact Tracking Computer, Tracking Speed Script

Mega Beam Laser II, Aurora L

Large Ancillary Current Router I
Large Processor Overclocking Unit I
Large Semiconductor Memory Cell I

What do you guys think? Is it a good fit or should I swap things around?

if you are using MJD to get in range, your tracking scripts are useless. Use range script.

fit example
[Apocalypse, *Simulated Apocalypse Fitting]
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Large Armor Repairer II
Adaptive Nano Plating II
Reactive Armor Hardener
Adaptive Nano Plating II

Large Micro Jump Drive
Tracking Computer II
Tracking Computer II
Heavy Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I

Mega Pulse Laser II
Mega Pulse Laser II
Mega Pulse Laser II
Mega Pulse Laser II
Mega Pulse Laser II
Mega Pulse Laser II
Mega Pulse Laser II
Mega Pulse Laser II

Large Capacitor Control Circuit II
Large Capacitor Control Circuit I
Large Energy Discharge Elutriation II

Navy Cap Booster 3200 x1
Scorch L x8
Optimal Range Script x2
2 Likes

Thanks for the tips. Rather than jumping in range, I wanted to use it to gain range and snipe NPCs from far with beams because I am afraid of what L4s will bring. Tried out the fit and failed hard as my max targetting range is 100km atm, so I´d have to swap to Sensory boosters, drop armors for Tracking enhancers and more Heat Sinks for that build to be effective, but then coming back to Accelerations gates 100km far away with speed 130 m/s is kinda a pain, so I guess it´s better to take the risk with Pulses.

The tip is to not MJd in a straight line. MJD to do a triangle with the acceleration gate.

1 Like

You’ll be at such a long range the rats turrets won’t hit you, only their cruise missiles pose a danger, especially when against guristas, so pack kinetic resists, explosive for Angels, once you’re more comfortable I would drop 1 or 2 resist mods for damage and use faction Standard M instead.

IIRC angel also deal EM damage with their long range.

I’d add to this and replace a tracking computer with a signal booster, running a combo or target range and signal boost scripts.

This with the range script(tracking) and signal rez(signal) means you could target lock faster after a jump and high near optimal range or in optimal range depending on lens used.

Also worth having long range sentry drones, as once jumped you deploy and they start firing as soon as deployed, no having to wait for drones to get to target. And when you’re about to jump pull them back in.
3 good sentry drones are good value.

Also a good mix of light and medium drone is a bonus for against those close fast movers.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.