L4 Missions: 100m+ ISK/hour Solo

Could you give us a fitting for your ships Arthur? I’ve been dabbing around with some fits for support characters and was wondering what you cae up with

Sure thing (sorry this isn’t copy/paste for Pyfa, I’m on my iPad). This setup also works identical for the Paladin. You can run something similar for the Vargur, but I don’t recomend the Golem due to lead time with missiles (it will work, just not as well).

I have a range of 67/71km for blasters and 81km for drones (the Gilas also have a matching 81km drone range). This allows me to hit targets beyond 71km by way of drone assist. The sensor booster is to lock targets faster but you can opt for a third tracking computer that will extend your range to 71/75km for blasters.

Basically you fleet-warp to the mission, take the gate(s) where applicable and activate your RAH, tracking and sensor. Set the Gilas to AB orbit @2.5km around the Marauder, deploy drones and assist to the Marauder. I usually MWD the Marauder for a few cycles towards any objective or drop into Bastion, deploy light drones and start locking targets (battleships, destroyers, frigates - in that order).

I recommend only using Bastion when you need EW protection (Sansha, Guristas), extra tank at the outset of a mission or that slight range boost. I prefer the flexibility to move around as needed, and this also avoids any penalty with the 60-second combat timer (faster mission completion). With so much DPS you can effectively “tank” most missions simply by killing everything anyway.

I run blasters in pairs, so the first is against battleships (triggers drone assist) and the second is to alpha destroyers and frigates as needed. Then return to battleships and finish off any remaining cruisers. I send the light drones against any frigates or towers. As soon as you’ve established aggro on the Gilas activate the RLMLs (good to about 45km or so). These take care of any smaller targets.

Having all of your clients “synched” in terms of hotkeys and shorcuts is also crucial, as it allows you to quickly click between windows (and mostly) issue keyboard commands. Here’s what I use:

Q align, W approach, E jump, R orbit, H dscan
High: Z MWD/AB, A RAH, B bastion, D/F blaster pairs
Mid: X armor rep, S sensor, C/V tracking comps
Low: 1/2 tractors; Drones: T launch, G engage

You have to click for drone assist on the Gilas, but orbits can be preset to 2.5km with “t”. I group the missiles in slot “f”. I also set the number of auto back targets (General settings) on all three clients to 12 which works to auto-lock anything red-boxing you.

I recommend using drone assist as it allows you to focus your attention on a single screen for the most part. The Gilas often won’t get aggro’d which means you end up manually locking targets, assigning drones and sitching between clients (they will stop attacking unless the Gilas are aggro’d). Drone assist also allows you to concentrate full firepower against battleships (anywhere from 3000 to over 3500DPS, depending on the mission). One final tip: Ensure you add your Gila wings to a Watch List on your main client. This allows you to keep tabs on their healh in case you get distracted.

Apologies in-advance for the lengthy writeup.

Kronos Marauder
4x Neutron Blaster Cannon (Null/Void)
1x Bastion Module I
2x Small Tractor Beam II
1x Drone Link Augmentor II
1x Shadow Serpentis 500MN MWD
2x Tracking Computer II (optimal range)
1x Sensor Booster II (scan resolution)
3x Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
1x Tracking Enhancer II
1x Reactive Armor Hardener
1x Core X-Type Large Armor Repairer
1x Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
1x Large Hybrid Aerator II
1x Large Hybrid Metastasis I (tracking)
5x Hornet II, 5x Acolyte II, 5x Hobgobln II, 5x Vespa II

Gila Wingman (x2 maximum)
4x Rapid Light Missile Launcher II (Scourge/Inferno auto target)
1x Drone Link Augmentor II
1x 10MN Afterburner II or 1x 50MN Y-T8 Compact MWD
1x EM Ward Amplifier I or II
1x Gistum C-Type Thermal Amplifier
1x Gistum C-Type Kinetic Amplifier
1x Large Shield Extender II
1x Drone Nav Computer II
2x Drone Damage Amplifier II
1x C3-A ‘Hivaa Saitsuo’ Ballistic Control System
3x Medium Core Defense Field Extender II
2x Hammerhead II, 2x Vespa II, 2x Infiltrator II

Addendum: I’ve since changed these to field extenders from purgers and dropped the shield power relay for more damage with the Hivaa. This gives me over 40k EHP with a slower recharge.

2 Likes

What would your thoughts be on flying the gila with auto-targeting missiles? You lose some damage, of course, but also reduce the need to micro them. They can release drones, assist them, set orbit and fire missiles at whatever comes close.

Auto-targeting missiles are totally the way to go. There are two trains of thoughts with respect to using them in combination with drones:

• Heavies: less damage application, but with more range and toggling the launchers on/off (once you have aggro) you can direct inactive drones.
  • Lights: more damage application but less overall DPS, and with a 35-second reload and shorter range they’re not as effective at directing inactive drones.

Even though it’s a bit more management I prefer assigning drones to the primary ship. Especially when you utilize a short-range weapon with high rate-of-fire (blasters, pulse lasers, autocannons) you’re always redirecting assigned drones before they have a chance to return and idle simply by firing.

This is also why I arrange my weapons in groups so that I can effectively double the rate of fire by staggering them. Also note that the range of drone assist is limited by the lending ship’s drone range (and not targeting range). So if you’re running something like rails for really long-range engagements I’d drop one of the launchers for a second T2 drone link augmentor.

2 Likes

I’d go with support rattlesnakes or domis

2 sentry domis will give 1000+ dps that instantly applies at crazy ranges. With that much dps you can glass tank them, and just apply remote reps if you really want. Honestly you shouldn’t even get a chance to use them as everything melts so fast, heck maybe just go shield buffer with an ancillary remote rep or something to keep it capless. Plus if there are any small ships alive at the end you can send some very angry hornets after them.

if you want to spend a bit more can do similar with double rattlesnakes, and then load up some auto-targeting missiles. Rattlers give you a ton of mid slots, a few invluns with a deadspace small/medium shield booster will keep you topped off and can pretty much ignore cap.

gilas are nice and all, but medium drones are kinda slow. how often are you even applying full damage? I’d guess the kronos is killing things before the drones even get there.

2 Likes

There is method to my madness with Gilas. First, I’m getting a lot more DPS from the pair of mediums and auto-targeting light missiles. I haven’t maxed out my drone or cruiser skills on the support characters, so I’m only getting around 625 DPS (I should be able to get this to 800 easily). That’s quite a bit more than I’d get with a pair of Domis. Addendum: I’m now up to 645 DPS per Gila.

Second, the Gilas move, align, warp (etc.) faster which allows me to send them on ahead where need be. The medium drones can hit anything at any range (including spider drones), so there’s no minimum safe distance from them. The medium drones travel at close to 5km/sec so it really doesn’t take them very long to get to where I need them most engagement ranges are under 60km). The rapid lights massacre anything smaller than cruisers and are a good ‘click and forget’ weapon.

In answer to your question, I’m applying full damage almost anytime I’m engaging battleships - which is the first thing I focus on in any mission. While the drones are focusing on a battleship I can easily alpha most frigates and destroyers off the field (drones are overkill against those anyway). The drone nav computer helps boost drone speed by 30% so they’re travelling almost as fast as scout drones normally do.

I’m training these characters up to run the new Abyssal pockets which is why I’m focusing on cruiser-specific aspects and leaving battleship and above to my main. There’s nothing wrong with running Domis or Rattlesnakes as support ships (you can get insane damage from RHML/Gecko Rattlesnakes).

4 Likes

I recently moved my Golem into Gallente space with the aim of getting my Gallente standings out of the negative. I’ve found Gallente space more profitable than Caldari space, but I can’t be sure of that. I’m making about 70m per hour but that’s excluding loyalty points. I’m not the most efficient mission runner but I enjoy planting my Golem, aggressing the entire room and trying to time salvaging the entire room as the last NPC dies. I stupidly got podded a while back with a full set of implants whilst doing naughty things in Jita. So up until today, I’ve been missioning without implant bonuses.

Another recent piece of stupidity, I handed a mission in and then realised I’d left my MTU behind. Spent the next two hours buying scanning equipment and learning how to scan. Went back to the system, did a scan and found something called a ‘deployable’. Sure enough, it was my MTU. Glad it was still there after two hours. The beauty of my mistake is that I now see some fun opportunities through scanning. I love this game.

3 Likes

You’ve got 3 damage modules, 1 damage rig, 3 tracking modules and 1 tracking rig. While it pushes the DPS to the max, should you consider dropping the Large Hybrid Metastasis I and to replace it with a Large Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II. It gives you 25% more warp speed and lets you get in and out of missions faster. You will be able to push the ISK/hour ratio further even when you lose a tiny bit of tracking.

I don’t think it is on any impact on the total mission time on the marauders.

That’s your opinion of course and because you haven’t done it yet. It’s however noticeable. Try it.

I’ve done it with Incursion fleets, too, where it can give as much as 20-30% more ISK/hour when used together with warp speed implants and in combination with Vanguard sites.

Only when you spend too much time on every mission of course will you notice it less, but I’m assuming @Arthur_Aihaken isn’t slow at it, but runs them as fast as possible already. So he will definitely notice it.

1 Like

He is NOT in incursion fleet.

He has a bastion module and tractor beam, which means he is not blitzing and instead takes all his time.
You can’t bltiz when you need to remain still for 60s in ech pocket.

I said it’s done in Incursions, too. The emphasis is on the word “too”. Incursion runners have mastered the art of the ISK/hour ratio for years now. You can learn something from them. And believe it or not, we also sometimes run Bastion Mode fleets in Vanguard sites without any logis. And we all have a Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer Rig II fitted on the Marauders.

And we’re done here. :wink:

1 Like

Nobody gives a ■■■■.

This is not incursion, thus you are wrong.

You know that slaughter house have mastered the money efficiency for decades now. Let’s use their experience for schools : let’s park our children in closed box and kill them !
That’s what you are saying, and this is stupid.

1 Like

Any activity that requires warping form one point to another can be sped up by increasing your warp speed. This does in fact include even full running missions.

The important thing to remember is that a higher warp speed not only increases you actual max warp speed but also the speed in which you reach that speed (up to a point, it maxes out at 6 or 9 au/s IIRC). Your warp speed ALSO reduces the time it takes you to slow down from max warp as well although I believe this maxes out at a lower 6 au/s (or 3?)

This means that even moving from one room to the next in influenced by your warp speed. Also keep in mind the the effect is much more pronounced at lower warp speeds. Going from 3 to 4 au/s has a much larger impact than going from say, 6 to 7 au/s. This is a pretty big deal for Battleships.

Lastly the component that is suggested to be replaced suffers from extreme amounts of stacking penalty.

Of course I would have to run the actual numbers, exactly how much tracking is lost and if it’s at a tipping point for hitting specific enemies or not, but considering it’s blasters and the number of tracking components already being run, it’d be a worthwhile experiment to make.

But hay, that’s just my 2c based on experience with blitzing lv4 missions, having Hyperspace rigs on almost every one of my non burner ships and having invested countless hours in maximizing my speed and understanding the impact of warp speed so what would I know.

3 Likes

As an aside, and a fun fact, back before burners came out I did some extensive testing on full running lv4 missions (no anti-empire missions) with a marauder and salvaging/looting I managed IIRC 120mill/h solo.

This was I think after the loot nerf and the bastion introduction(or buff?) but before burners.

I did it in a Vargur in Sansha space since that was the only Marauder I could pilot and the salvage was mostly plates so it was a solid income.

1 Like

from Warp time calculation - EVE University Wiki

for long jumps your sheep ( :sheep: ) takes up to 1AU to accelerate to max speed , then travel at max speed, then takes up to 3AU to decelerate if WS <6AU/s, or WS/2 AU if WS >6 AU/s
with a = 1AU/s in m, WS being the warp speed in AU/s, and DA the distance in AU,
for <6AU/s and >4 AU jumps=> t = [ (DA-4) + ln(WSDA²a²/100)] / WS
the part in the ln ranges from 48.2 to 53.4 I replace it with average

t ± = (51.5+DA)/WS

Typically a 3AU/s ship will require 24s to warp through average 20AU gate-to-gate HS systems, and 7 more second for a distance twice as important.
A 6 AU/s will require half the time.
A 6AU ship will require ± 10s to travel 4AU (actually less due to the approximate of the ln part)

for short jumps with <6AU/s WS, the time in second to jump is

t = ln(dist² * WS/200)/WS s

for 4AU jump(=4a m) with 6 AU/s WS, it means ln(16*a²/200 *WS)/WS => ±50/WS = 9s (rounded up)

I just made mission, where the gate sent me to 35 000 km
let’s assume a 35 000km gate with a

• 6 AU/s = 3s to warp
  • 3 AU/s = 6s

What you get is THREE seconds from deadspace gate, and 12seconds from average system, by going from 3 to 6 AU/s
Let’s assume you cant have mission in your system, and thus need to make average 4(2forth and 2 back) 20AU jumps + 3 deadspace gates. In total you gain from going from 3 AU to 6AU , a whole 57s . That means , less than you lose by using a bastion module. If you only get +50%WS (=2 hyper T2), you get half of this.

Yup, I remember the little table there at the end. It’s why I’ve incorporated Ascendencies, warp speed implants and Hyperspacial Rigs into my blitzing guide to maximize profit. It does actually make a decent bit of difference, especially over longer sessions.

But like I said, I’d need to see the exact numbers on the tracking lost on the 4th stacking penalized component to know if it’d be worth it but it’s always worth testing, especially since most of the missions he runs is in a BS instead of frigs like with burners or if it’s in a cluster where you have to go further than 2 jumps. A couple of minutes per mission means you can get in 1 or 2 more missions per session so long as the lost tracking doesn’t slow you down. And from what I can remember from full loot/salvaging you tend to kill a bit faster than you can loot.

2 Likes

I make the TLDR of my previous post :
for a BS that goes 3 AU/s, gaining +50% AU/s(=two hypers T2) , for 2 system-wide 20AU jumps +3 deadspace gates, means total 26s gained by warp time for the mission.

using two nozzles instead makes it go from 11 to 8s align, thus a gain of 3*7 = 21s just from align + less time to reach the destination .

He is not using 4 stacking penalized modules, @Whitehound is a stupid troll .
The kronos uses 2 RANGE scripts computers, one generic tracking enhancer and one tracking rig, thus the tracking enhancer is penalized by 43%for the RANGE and by 16% for the TRACKING, while one scripted computer is penalized by 16%.

1 Like

You show them who is the boss. :rofl:

1 Like

@Whitehound Yes, I actually use a T2 Hyperspacial rig with Ascendancies - and you are correct that it does make a noticeable difference. I listed the fit with the T1 Metastasis because not everyone runs Ascendancies.

@Anderson_Geten Actually, only the T2 tracking enhancer is stacking penalized for range and falloff when not in Bastion. The T1 metastasis and T2 tracking enhancer are never stacking penalized for tracking speed (unless you switch from optimal to tracking scripts). When you activate Bastion, however, one T2 tracking computer and the T2 tracking enhancer get penalized for range and falloff.

Stacking penalties have a cumulative effect, so two identical modules actually give you slightly more benefit (it’s something like 100% on the 1st and 101.5% on the second). It isn’t until the third module where you start taking a hit (around 80% or so if memory serves).

2 Likes