Mission Running question

It has been a long while sense i did mission running and I was wondering were lvl 4s still the way to go and is there much difference who you do lvl 4s with and where hs vs low vs null with risk vs reward. Need re-educated on this subject please.

2 Likes

I think the most important part is that salvaging and looted is not worth it anymore, unless for a few mission that have either tags ( vs empire), implants (zor, scarlet, I think extravaganza ), or specific loot (first room of silence the informant). People said salvaging can be interesting, IMO for the time it takes to switch ship, undock, warp, salvage, warp back… all while risking your MTU to gankers, it’s not the ±5M salvage material that will make it.

burner missions were the biggest addition and Anderson covered some of the reductions. o/ Fly well

1 Like

The only missions worth salvaging are the ones that drop tags, implants or Drone AI.

This might be a silly question but i just woke up and brain is still in bed. lol. How do you know its a burner mission over a regular mission? and how do you locate burner misssions so you can blitz them over and over? I glanced at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SAv6bnGM-5etLoPHxVtCsbsz8Q8feN5CFSEgUZclPLI/pub looks like a bunch of different ships are needed to have depending which burner mission you run. For someone who has never done them and never had much luck with acessing the test server what is best recomendation on where to start / go for best isk / hr ration on a burner mission? Thanks again for all the help.

1 Like

The mission will be tagged “anomic”, and the agent will also explicitly state that he won’t hold it against you (ie no standing loss) if you turn it down.

1 Like

imo there are 3 main differences between agents

1. Agent system security status which affects LP payouts, most people try to find an agent in a 0.5 system for this reason
  2. Agent corp, There are a few different kinds of LP stores for each faction, these can have very different payouts. Look for a corp with high isk/lp payouts https://www.fuzzwork.co.uk/lpstore/
  3. Constellation layout, typical missions can spawn anywhere in constellation, so most people try to avoid constellations with a bunch of lowsec systems, might also want to avoid constellations with a long pipe. And then burner missions can go to neighboring constellations.

Lanngisi is super popular for these reasons, it’s 2-3 jumps for almost every mission. The LP is super easy to convert, although due to the popularity it’s slightly lower in value. And the system is one of the lowest truesec 0.5s out there. The LP/hr should be high enough that it should be consistently one of the best mission hubs in highsec.

I’m surprised Siyi doesn’t see more traffic, it has pretty good conditions and has a lv4 Aliastra agent. Aliastra has fed navy web blueprints, and fed navy prop mods, it’s a really good lp store consistently over 2k isk/lp. Heck the Fed Navy tracking comp is 4800 isk/lp, and has some volume to back it up.

As far as low goes I’m not sure it’s worth it, but also not sure it isn’t. You can get a pretty big bonus in LP for running in low, might be able to get some nice income with blitzing in somewhat disposable ships. I’ve done some lowsec mission running (mainly to farm sec status) and well pretty much no one bothered me, but it was a pretty dead area and a bad LP store so I guess people probably weren’t even looking.

Then in null you get pirate LP stores, and even higher LP payouts. Not sure what the competition is like, but there’s a lot of room for profit.

1 Like

Which belongs to the Gallente Faction. This will tank all your Caldari and Amarr standing in a very short amount of time.
If you ever want to go to Jita or Amarr with this character, be careful with your standings.

OH NOES STANDINGS! not the evil standings that don’t do anything in game!

If you don’t run faction kill missions constantly the standings hits are pretty weak. Cross run some amarr missions if you are worried about it. Amarr and Gallente are -2 to each other meaning the derived losses will be pretty small, you’ll probably end up positive to everyone as the minmtar really like gallente and caldari really like amarr.

PS: siyi is in amarr space so that should make finding an amarr agent pretty easy, hint there’s one 3 jumps away with consistent 2k+ isk/lp.

1 Like

When you say “way to go” what other options are you willing to consider? Unless you can say what other options you have are missions the way to go. It can take 2-3 days to get back into it and into the right rhythm (until the memory of it all is fully refreshed).

Other options can be exploration with some of the new ships, but also ice mining currently pays pretty high followed by moon mining (now available also in high-sec), whereas asteroid ore is dead for now and the asteroid belts are pretty much void of players.

Then we have the new mining missions, where there is a whole guide about it.

We still have Incursions, which I haven’t done any lately, but I have also not seen any changes being mentioned. So I’m going to assume these pay as usual and are still better than L4 missions.

Then there are the events, which depending on the type, can produce high amounts of ISKs and also more than L4 missions.

Escalations in high-sec do still occasionally yield a pretty nice deadspace item or two, but I have no idea how consistent one can make ISKs with it.

And latest addition are Abyss sites.

The list goes on …

1 Like

I think it’s because Map: Everyshore - DOTLAN :: EveMaps and Map: Essence - DOTLAN :: EveMaps are a tiny bit better in regard of true sec.

could be, although that’s a bunch of lowsec in constellation, might have issues with mission spawns.

I fly a marauder, so don’t listen to anyone who says salvaging and looting is not worth it. I’d argue you’d be stupid not to, given this passive exercise occurs concurrently with clearing a room.

2 Likes

With a Marauder salvaging as you go is certainly more profitable than bookmarking and brining back a dedicated salvage ship (in terms of ISK/hour anyway). Some missions are inherently more valuable for salvaging than others, though.

1 Like

lol.
“I do it so it’s good”.

What about the opposite then ? “you do it so it’s stupid”.

Definite basement dweller.

2 Likes

Hi,

Agent location is the main aspect that affects mission reward payment. Basically for each 0.1 decrease in system security level from 1.0 down to 0.0 translates into a 10% increase in rewards. Mission rewards is the mission pay and the bonus time pay.

So going by that statement it would be:

System Security Level = Mission Reward Increase
1.0 = 0
0.9 = 10%
0.8 = 20%
0.7 = 30%
0.6 = 40%
0.5 = 50%
0.4 = 60%
0.3 = 70%
0.2 = 80%
0.1 = 90%
0.0 = 100%

That’s pretty much it. I don’t know if it keeps scaling like that for Null Sec systems with negative security levels. Hopefully the reward increase continues to escalate. Course there’s various Social skills that will increase those amounts.

Negotiation skill increases the mission reward by 5% per level trained. At level 5 that’s an extra 25% increase.

Social skill increases the standing gained to NPC agent, corporation and faction standing for mission completion by 5% per level trained. At level 5 that’s an extra 25% increase.

Agent Division skills, Security Connections, Distribution Connections and Mining Connections, increases amount of Loyalty Points by 10% per level trained. At level 5 that’s an extra 50% increase.

DMC

That’s false. You don’t start at 0 for truesec 1.0.
The gain from 1.0 to 0.5 is ACTUALLY around 79%

The reward from running missions for agent in 1.0 security system is the baseline that all other system security levels are increased from.

In other words, there is no increase in rewards from agents in 1.0 security system.

nope. I don’t know what gave you this idea, and it seems you did not check it.