Level 4 Mining Mission Summary

I made a mistake. The porpoise can’t be used to refit, like the orca.

Another tip for players using jet-can minings, Porpoise are better than Miasmos at going back in the anom to get the can.

They have with 2 inertia stabs or nano about 3 seconds faster align time than Miasmos with 3 inertia stabs. And their tractor beams have enough range to get the can at 40km away from the warpin as some missions need, with an added bonus of the tractor beams being faster.

2 Likes

what about noctis ?
I gues the cargohold is meh.

The noctis doesn’t have the orehold nor a big enough cargohold for the L4 missions.

1 Like

My current High Sec mining mission fleet and the missions I use them for are listed below.

L4 Gas Venture
• Gas Injections
• Like Drones to a Cloud

L4 Ice Retriever (w/Medium Ice Harvester Accelerator I)
• Cheap Chills
• Ice Installation

L4 Ore Retriever
• Not Gneiss at All

L4 Ore Porpoise
• Arisite Envy
• Feeding the Giant
• Geodite and Gemology

As a general rule I will regularly decline the ‘Mother Lode’ mission and on the off chance I get it twice in a row I will just go do something else while waiting out the cool down on the penalty for declining a mission twice in four hours.

2 Likes

considering NS :

• your venture will have a hard time doing the non- gas sites, because the rats will actually hit hard
  • get a procurer to tank them a DPS them.

considering mining in general :

• Using an orca helps a lot. I mean a LOT.
    • Can take the crystals just in case
    • You can refit if you need (but you wont)
    • You can put the mining ships in the maintenance bay and go with a faster ship, then change in space before mining.
    • Plus boosts of course
  • gas missions are the worst in duo
    • solo HS they have good isk/h (effective <30Misk/h). Mainly because you can fit mwd+passive tank and be okay.
    • duo you don’t get the benefit of booster :frowning: one porpoise is one less harvester ship(no gas). trio however one porpoise is beter than a third gas venture.
    • NS see above, you can’t AFK tank in a venture.

My current High Sec mining mission fleet and the missions I use them for are listed below.

L4 Gas Venture
• Gas Injections
• Like Drones to a Cloud

• Cheap Chills
• Ice Installation

L4 Ore Retriever
• Not Gneiss at All

L4 Ore Porpoise
• Arisite Envy
• Feeding the Giant
• Geodite and Gemology

As a general rule I will regularly decline the ‘Mother Lode’ mission and on the off chance I get it twice in a row I will just go do something else while waiting out the cool down on the penalty for declining a mission twice in four hours.

L4 Gas Venture
• Gas Injections
• Like Drones to a Cloud

• Cheap Chills
• Ice Installation

L4 Ore Retriever
• Not Gneiss at All

L4 Ore Porpoise
• Arisite Envy
• Feeding the Giant
• Geodite and Gemology

No thanks, the rewards and LP are just too low in comparison to actually mining which would put me in acoma.

The mining rewards are greater but if you need standings and LP, you’re not going to get it mining.

1 Like

What you do is; run Minmatar Resource Wars until you have enough to purchase a Procurer from the LP store. (iirc 5000 LP and 30 mil isk). Using a gas fitted Venture should be able to cross the low-sec system for minimal risk. Then you just cash in the LP within the high-sec system to get a completely fitted ore orientated Procurer. Someone sells ice harvesters on the island. (or carry some Ice gear across in the Venture). You will also need to purchase the drones separately. The Resource War LP Store is an expensive way to obtain a Procurer - but Thukker LP will quickly make back in the investment.

a procurer is much less than 30M

I’m curious whether anyone knows if there are gate restrictions for the missions, e.g. could a rorqual get in if the missions were being run in low or null sec?

There’s no gate, it is a direct warpin all the time, sometimes with the asteroid 40-50 km away from the warpin. You’d need an alt to haul and accept missions though to not lose an incredible amount of warp time with a Rorqual.

1 Like

Hey @GAREGIN_NZHDEH

RE: Income -
• If you are near the keyboard and dock as soon as the ice/gas/ore is mined out, you can do about 3 missions an hour. In High-Sec, a mission gives 1.8M ISK and 4.5K LP on average and depending on whose Loyalty Points you’re getting this can convert into over 40M/hour. In NPC nullsec, working for a Pirate Faction you can get up to 80M/hour.

I’m stuck with over 11.337m CONCORD Loyalty Points and they cost 250m ISK per 250k LP to spend.
I mean, sure, you can make more than 250m ISK with it, but, it’s not free, and it would take a long time.

I think I might start to do more piracy acts, and that I might start to do more acts of piracy to compensate for the problems.

@Veine_Miromme not sure why you’re bringing up CONCORD LP, you need to build up standing with Corporations who have Mining Mission Agents to acquire Mining Mission LP points - there are a number of good Corps to run mining misisons for.

Ah, it’s because 11.337m LP of the mining faction would have the same effect.

Also, I’m about to start running missions, again, due to hardware problems, which is being used to hold me responsible for endangering fleet’s security.
So, it’s not only a hardware problem.
It’s a hardware problem created and used to create software problems with fleets, unless buying more hardware and not scammed.

That is more good reason for me to design and manufacture hardware.
I have much less chance to scam myself.
It’s also less risk of endangering other’s lives by doing business with them.

How about to buy “remote agent access console” from PA pearl shop ???

:laughing: