Launched a service for modifying nicknames using plex

How about no?

Your ‘nickname’ is how people recognise you in this game.
EVE is a game about actions and consequences.
About reputation.
An MMO where you recognise friend and foe.

If people can change names people won’t recognise you.
Actions won’t have consequences.
Reputations can be reset at any time.
Foe won’t be recognisable because those people that have been hunting your area have new names all the time so you never know who is behind them, you cannot track them with locator agents anymore, you won’t recognise who the fleet commander is of the enemy fleet now that they changed names again.

Even friends won’t be recognisable anymore once name change services appear.

In a game where names are the main way to recognise players, unlike real life where I recognise all sorts of people without knowing their names, it would be a shame if players could change names.

I have experienced a game where name changes were added and for me it meant I lost track of the majority of my friends list and group. One name change, OK, but when everyone does it? And then does it again?

No, name changes would be a bad addition to the game.

If you wish to spend PLEX to get a new name, can I suggest investing in a new character?

16 Likes