Launcher 'File Not Found'

Hi,

Weird probem, been using Eve Launch w/out a problem till now/today:

Everytime I’m openning the launch it opens a blank-white window with ‘File not found’. Being a short-cut I use, I went to the source to open it from there. Again, no problem with this setup till today, but now from source, same as before. . .

Tried to open repair.exe:
Traceback (most recent call last):
_ File “splunk.pyo”, line 75, in emit_
_ File “requests\sessions.pyo”, line 504, in post_
_ File “requests\sessions.pyo”, line 461, in request_
_ File “requests\sessions.pyo”, line 573, in send_
_ File “requests\adapters.pyo”, line 415, in send_
ConnectionError: (‘Connection aborted.’, error(10060, ‘A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond’))
Logged from file repair.py, line 204
Traceback (most recent call last):
_ File “repair.py”, line 254, in _
_ File “updateSelf.pyo”, line 87, in UpdateSelf_nt_
_ File “updateSelf.pyo”, line 16, in ReadUpdateInfo_
_ File “repairTool\repairTools.pyo”, line 190, in GetRepairInfo_
_ File “requests\api.pyo”, line 65, in get_
_ File “requests\api.pyo”, line 49, in request_
_ File “requests\sessions.pyo”, line 461, in request_
_ File “requests\sessions.pyo”, line 573, in send_
_ File “requests\adapters.pyo”, line 415, in send_
requests.exceptions.ConnectionError: (‘Connection aborted.’, error(10060, ‘A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond’))

Seems to not be able to ‘find’ Eve Online, but I’m in here tell’n you lot! xD

Restarting the mechine didn’t work either… soo… re-install?

YAY! No progress. . . dafuq?!

plz help

Solution found. . .

Something dumped completely wrong IP addresses into the Hosts. file for windows.

IP addresses that will not respond, either faked or blocked. The Hosts. file is the Windows’ local DNS that it tries 1st. So it’s been trying to find ‘launcher.eveonline.com’ under an IP that is no longer there. :rofl:

As to how they got there. . . i dono :fearful: patch? something fun on my system?!
But why specifically the launcher URL, dafuq?

8 hours wasted! Anyway, all is well now. . . maybe. . .

Something fishy has been going on with CCP’s servers / IP addresses or a DNS on the internet somewhere.

I had a similar problem, the launcher could not see launcher.eveonline.com but I had to ADD the address (got from a friend via a ping) to my Hosts file as the IP address launcher.eveonline.com was showing from my PC was just a black hole.

launcher.eveonline.com as well as binaries.eveonline.com and resources.eveonline.com are part of a CDN (Cloudflare, I think), and their DNSes resolve these names to a number of IP addresses for load balancing. Typically a good idea, but if your launcher - or anything else - happens to pick that one IP address of a server that is currently down, the launcher takes an eternity to move on.

Even worse, when the CDN servers have differing content, like one patch being rolled out to just the half of them; there you’d see these error messages like “404 - file not found”.

Okay, great. So what’s the solution? How does one “add the address”?
Serenta Mystra, you claim your post is the solution but all you’re talking about is what “seems” to have happened and not the actual solution.
And what I find funny is that this is the only post regarding this issue…ever.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.