Level 2 Security fittings. Amarr ship fitting

I am have been playing this game on and off for a while and have recently been sinking in tk the game. I have purchased some omega time and wanted to do some level 2 missions.

What Amarr ships are best for level 2 missions? What fits are best for those ships? Is there some sort of website that’s good for finding ship fits.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

lvl2 missions generally cruisers, lvl3 battlecruisers, lvl4 battleships.

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Amarr_Ships_101

Omen is the Amarr cruiser generally recommended for L2 missions. Lasers and an active armor tank will both consume a lot of capacitor. This fit has enough capacitor so you shouldn’t need to worry about it even with relatively low skills. The crystals set your range - 10Km with multifrequency to 35Km with radio. Use speed as part of your tank - orbit something with the AB running will make you harder to hit. Upgrade to T2 where you can.

[Omen, PvE ]

Damage Control II
Reactive Armor Hardener
Extruded Compact Heat Sink
Prototype Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane I
Small ‘Accommodation’ Vestment Reconstructer I
Extruded Compact Heat Sink

10MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Large Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery
Optical Compact Tracking Computer

Focused Anode Medium Particle Stream I, Imperial Navy Multifrequency M

Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I

Acolyte I x5

Imperial Navy Infrared M x5
Imperial Navy Radio M x5
Imperial Navy Ultraviolet M x5
Optimal Range Script x1
Tracking Speed Script x1

2 Likes

Or use an Arbitrator:

• Can be better for PvE than the Omen with good drone skills.

[Arbitrator, *Simulated Arbitrator Fitting]
Damage Control II
Omnidirectional Tracking Enhancer II
Drone Damage Amplifier II

Large Shield Extender II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Large Shield Extender II

Auto Targeting System I
Auto Targeting System I
Drone Link Augmentor I
Drone Link Augmentor I

Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Medium Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer I
Medium Core Defense Field Purger I

Hammerhead I x5

This ship has no cap issues at all (AKA cap stable).
80km drone control range; Same as targeting range.
Just stay away from any incoming damage and send your drone to harass the rats.
Use drones matching the mission opponents.
Bring both small and medium drones; Small for frigs, mediums for anything larger.

This is only a basic fitting proposal; Updatable to your tastes.
If you feel confident, you can replace the Damage Control with a second Omnidirectional Tracking Enhancer.
The above fitting is omni tanked: Mediocre resists all around. If you prefer, replace the Adaptive Invulnerability Field and one Large Shield Extender with two active resist modules matching your mission opponents. I prefer the omni tank for better survivability when encountering Triglavian recons or diamond rats.

1 Like

Maller, best of both worlds with none of the benifits. Increased rate of fire, cap reduction to guns, small drone bay. No armor, gun, or drone bonus.

1 Like

As has been given above, the normal route is a Cruiser for Level 2 missions - you can do them in a Destroyer, but it needs to be well fitted (range) and flown (kiting at range and managing the damage).

There are four T1 Amarrian Cruisers. Which you fly depends heavily on your preferences: do you like to dance around, picking off opponents, or wading in swinging the axe and exchanging blows? Or do you like waging war using technology at one remove?

So:
Augoror: a logistics remote repair ship. Used in fleets.
Omen: a fast (OK “fast for Amarr”) ship for hit and run striking at range with energy turrets.
Maller: a tanky close range energy turret ship.
Arbitrator: a stand off drone “carrier” with some secondary weapons and a bonus to tracking disruption.

Providing a fit is very dependant on your skills. But a few thoughts.
The ships all benefit from training Amarr Cruiser Skill as far as possible. The Maller becomes tankier, the Omen becomes less capacitor hungry and fires faster an s forth.

The Arbitrator is one of the best, and under appreciated drone boats in New Eden. But requires good drone skills, which are less of a priority for Amarrian pilots compared to Energy Turret skills. The downside of the Arbitrator is it’s also bonused to weapon disruption which has almost no usage in mission running. But it’s a cracking E-war support ship for fleets; load it with ECM drones and disruptors and you can cause merry hell for an enemies combat capabilities.

The Maller is less popular than the Omen. Both require good capacitor skills. Which you chose is personal preference, but (in my opinion - my preference OK) the Omen will teach you more about damage and range management.

At this point the two Navy ships; the Navy Omen (Nomen) and the Navy Augoror (Naug) will be rather expensive for you as a new player. The Nomen is a better Omen. The Naug is a tanky brawler like the Maller relying on armour mass rather than resistaces of the Maller.

Train the basics; fitting and engineering skills. Capacitor size and recharge skills are important when flying Amarrian ships. Fitting T2 armour imodules is important, being able to fit T2 medium weapons won’t hurt either.
Well, they will hurt things. That’s what weapons do.

A good website: Eve University as given above is my “go to” for fitting ideas.

If you are online drop me a mail if you need help.

4 Likes

I’m surprised with all the responses I’ve received on this. Thank you everyone who made a recommendation and all the information. I really appreciate it and feeling much more confident to get on to level 2 missions :grin:

Alternative Arbitrator Fit:

[Arbitrator, 10MN Active Armor Tank]

AE-K Compact Drone Damage Amplifier
AE-K Compact Drone Damage Amplifier
Experimental Armor Kinetic Hardener I
Coreli C-Type Thermal Plating
Medium ‘Accommodation’ Vestment Reconstructor I

Large Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery
Eutectic Compact Cap Recharger
Eutectic Compact Cap Recharger

Rapid Light Missile Launcher II
Rapid Light Missile Launcher II
Drone Link Augmentor I
Drone Link Augmentor I

Caldari Navy Vespa x5
Caldari Navy Hornet x5

Swap resistance hardeners for resistance rigs if you want more to fit more DDA’s, Rapid Lights are for frigs and dessies. I just have the drones and Coreli-C Type plate lying around in my hangar. (I am operating in Serpentis space atm, hence the Navy Vespas and Hornets (Base line serpentis rats have a larger kinetic hole than thermal). Alternatively, you can fit a few cap rigs to get this thing stable with a mwd running. If there are any improvements to make, id like to know plz, still relatively new

Or a tactical dessie, that works wonders.

but at this point I’m kind of convinced that TacDessies are basically light cruisers xD

Yes, the T3Ds are very capable. The mode switching gives the firepower of a DPS fitted Destroyer, the defence of a Tank fit or the mobility of a speed fit depending on the mode you switch to.
Personally, I think the Hectate sits in the sweet spot and is a lovely flying wing. So saying, given the original question, the Amarrian Confessor is very capable.

I’d avoided mentioning T3Ds and Assault Frigates that will also chew through level 2 missions - because they are a training commitment, requiring Omega only skills, and for a new player a ≈30m ISK hull is a fair investment compared to a Cruiser that is half that with fittings.

Look at T3Ds as Heavy Destroyers rather than Light Cruisers - they murder small fast stuff which a cruiser can struggle with because of tracking and application issues.

Well I came to the light cruiser conclusion by comparing my jackdaw fit with Caracal… and I was told caracal nowadays excel at dealing with small, fast stuff.

(and from rl navies the line between light cruisers and non-treaty “heavy” destroyers was very blurry)

fair point about the price and training commitment, I tend to kind of forget about it based on how fast I was able to train into amarrian confessor right when it launched, and how fast I was able to get my frigate-only alt into caldari jackdaw.

Yep, the Caracal, especially with Rapid Light Missile Launchers, is definitely a butcher against frigates and destroyers; I can see that hammering through Level 2 missions. It’s an oddity of missile boats that with the rapid launchers they are very effective against the lower size of ship - something that a turret ships can struggle with. I’d not be surprised to find that most Caracals flying are RLML based.

The T3Ds have the advantage that they require nothing additional in training skills beyond Faction Destroyer V and the relevant [Omega only] Tactical Destroyer skill - so they are easy to start flying, just spend some time. Though I’d always suggest a full T2 tank and weapons as well, which is more training!

1 Like

Wandering briefly off the topic of Amarrian Level 2 mission ships…

I really like HACs. So having just finished training into Caldari HACs I fitted a RLML Cerberus up for running Emerging Conduits. For new players: The Cerberus is a tough T2 version of the Caracal.
Well, it does run them. I’ve a passive shield fit - just good resists and extenders. It struggles with the incoming fire, but does complete them. Then mop up with salvage drones.

Oh Terak, you are up for a treat, since you now can fly the best laser ships in New Eden.

If you like energy turrets now, you may never want to fly anything else.

Maybe the next step up in energy turrets…

…disintegrater turret on the Trig HAC, or on the Command Destroyer.

With the right fit, skills and tactics can eat all but the best piloted HAC. Even then with a good set of implants makes the Trig T2 ships even more deadlier.

With the right command burst module/s on Command Destroyers can also change the benefits, with Armour or Shield burst scripts you can increase you HP, resistance levels or HP regen, and then other burst scripts can increase your destroyers agility and decrease sig of ship or an boost script that decreases strength of enemy disrupt attacks and increase sensor strength.

So there’s a few options available, just need to look pass the default standards everyone pushes

You know me long enough that you know I don’t do standards others are doing :wink:

Well the triglavians are a very different cup of tea than Amarr or Sansha laser ships. And the command destroyer is a more situational Magus with a quasar death ray gun and without the drones, where you have to decide up front what it is you want to do.
Adapting to a sudden change to your situations is a little more challenging but then, nobody wants to engage a full triglavian fleet anyways and in 100% of all cases it is recommended to just bail.

1 Like

I’ve been flying Amarrian HACs for a very long time. Yes, the Zealot is a superb laser ship, and the Dual Rep HAM Sacrilege is a monster - I’ve tended to use both in Abysses, but they also chew missions.

Training Caldari Cruiser V is just filling in the gaps really.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.