Level 4 Mining Mission Summary

My current High Sec mining mission fleet and the missions I use them for are listed below.

L4 Gas Venture
• Gas Injections
• Like Drones to a Cloud

L4 Ice Retriever (w/Medium Ice Harvester Accelerator I)
• Cheap Chills
• Ice Installation

L4 Ore Retriever
• Not Gneiss at All

L4 Ore Porpoise
• Arisite Envy
• Feeding the Giant
• Geodite and Gemology

As a general rule I will regularly decline the ‘Mother Lode’ mission and on the off chance I get it twice in a row I will just go do something else while waiting out the cool down on the penalty for declining a mission twice in four hours.

For the Null-sec missions when you’re not Blue to the regulars in the area it is most definitely NOT a ‘safe’ place to be AFK mining. Constant D-Scanning and looking for Combat Probes is the key to survival. If the Combat Probes get close (say 4au) then it’s time to start your exit strategy.

It’s also super helpful to have some warp-to pings around the Stations in case of Bubbles.

1 Like

Null-sec missions is very profitable, fly there and make them.

My current High Sec mining mission fleet and the missions I use them for are listed below.

L4 Gas Venture
• Gas Injections
• Like Drones to a Cloud

• Cheap Chills
• Ice Installation

L4 Ore Retriever
• Not Gneiss at All

L4 Ore Porpoise
• Arisite Envy
• Feeding the Giant
• Geodite and Gemology

As a general rule I will regularly decline the ‘Mother Lode’ mission and on the off chance I get it twice in a row I will just go do something else while waiting out the cool down on the penalty for declining a mission twice in four hours.

For the Null-sec missions when you’re not Blue to the regulars in the area it is most definitely NOT a ‘safe’ place to be AFK mining. Constant D-Scanning and looking for Combat Probes is the key to survival. If the Combat Probes get close (say 4au) then it’s time to start your exit strategy.

It’s also super helpful to have some warp-to pings around the Stations in case of Bubbles.

L4 Gas Venture
• Gas Injections
• Like Drones to a Cloud

• Cheap Chills
• Ice Installation

L4 Ore Retriever
• Not Gneiss at All

L4 Ore Porpoise
• Arisite Envy
• Feeding the Giant
• Geodite and Gemology

Two questions:

I haven’t done any mining missions in ages (since I had ~5 or 6M SP, so when I was a newbie). Or any mining at all, tbh. What kind of ISK/hour can one expect for these?

Also:

Just as a helpful note, try declining two in a row while having the agent’s info window open, showing your standings. You’ll be surprised at how little standings you lose when you do this. If that’s the only instance where you would turn the mission down, you’ll find you can safely turn it down and not hurt your standings at all.

Hey @Tatanka_Startamer there’s a little blurb about income in the OP up there somewhere:

Income
• If you are near the keyboard and dock as soon as the ice/gas/ore is mined out, you can do about 3 missions an hour. In High-Sec, a mission gives 1.8M ISK and 4.5K LP on average and depending on whose Loyalty Points you’re getting this can convert into over 40M/hour. In NPC nullsec, working for a Pirate Faction you can get up to 80M/hour.

Thanks! It’s been long enough since that was posted, I forgot about it.

Hello everyone!

Wanted to post a few quick notes and advice to enhance this thread, I got a really nice Eve mail today from a thread browser who wanted to get involved in Level 4 mining missions.

The main questions involved ship selection. For instance, this gentleman wanted to use a Prospect for doing some of the missions, especially the gas mining ones. Remember, the gas harvesting Level 4s are 4250m3, perfect for a Venture. Also recall that “Like Drones to a Cloud” has drones that must be killed. You will need tank and spank, something a Prospect cannot provide. Of course, a Prospect is perfectly fine for “Gas Injections”, but honestly, the Venture is fine. The other missions will also spawn random system rats so you will need some offense.

You can literally do everything in this thread handily with one Endurance and one Venture. The Endurance can literally mine ice and rocks (with drones) almost at Procurer yield levels. Simply swap the mining gear before undocking. The Endurance is far more agile and adaptable than a Procurer. I always decline the big ore missions and stick to gas, ice, and “Not Gneiss at All” (21k).

If you haven’t discovered the Endurance, please take a look. It’s one of the most versatile small ships in Eve. It can tank, spank, haul a metric crapload of ore (especially compressed), is fast, and can (kind of) warp cloaked…making it VERY hard to catch. You can run L1 missions and even clear cosmic anomalies (especially Drone Assembly - veldspar baby) with drones and mine out the ore in almost complete safety, all on one platform. Keep in mind Mining Frigate is exactly HALF the train of Mining Barge. I have two Endurance that I bought off the market the day it was released, making them two of the very first ever produced, and they have paid for themselves handily, without really ever being threatened.

FYI the single best use I have found for the Prospect - SCF (small cargo freighter) - fit up two Inertia Stabs, two Cargo Expanders, and hyperspatial rigs. You get a fast, cloaky cargo boat that can haul around 300m3 of bulk cargo and 10k m3 of gas, ore, or ice. - in almost total safety.

If anyone wants to discuss L4 mining, expedition frigs, or Eve in general I’m always available in game!

Have a great day and #besafe

/msd

4 Likes

Prospects are mostly useful for mining gas in WHs after other ships have cleared the sleepers… or for 20 minutes until the sleepers spawn and then gtfo when ninja huffing far from home/your combat ships.

But yeah, in relation to mining missions, that lack of a drone bay does suck. Great write-up on the glories of the Endurance. All 3 mining frigates are wonderful little ships. :wink:

you want to play the game but don’t want to play the game…
can you play football without touching the ball?
can you play the guitar without touching the strings?
can you play counterstrike without pressing any key?..

1 Like

I’m actually finding on my basically new toon that its saying it would take over 2 months to train into the Endurance where as I can train into the Retriever in about 17 days? So with the lower training time on the barge with the starting skills given as I don’t think I trianed any mining skills before this, since the Endurance requires Mining Frigate 5 and Electronic Uprgrades 5 that is what is making it take longer to train then a mining barge. So with a lower training time for mining barges is there any reason to do the endurance instead?

What are the endurance recommended fits, and are the miniing barge fits still as recommended above?

Thank you :slight_smile:

The Endurance is an exploration frigate, not a mining frigate.

Expedition frigate. And it has tons of mining bonuses and a huge ore bay. You just have to remember it’s not exactly optimal for gas mining. (Only one spot for a gas mining module, bonuses mainly for ice and ore)

2 Likes

Some mission may have a gate, to stop larger vessels.

1 Like

Hey @Ryan_B_Thiesant - while they are all in deadspace pockets none of the L4 Mining Missions are behind gates.

You know, I havent looked in a long time. Not sure where mining missions fall compared to ore mining these days.

Level 4 mission under the proposed changes will mean no more venture mining, no more Orca, Popoise mining, Venture looses its role bonuses and Orca/Porpoise Waste with all Lasers, Drones, and strip miner except ORE. Adde ORA ICE Holder and ORE Gas Cloud Harvestors to Mining Barge and Exhumers,

I have found a Mackinaw ugood for doing the ICE in one trip and can others to be picked up by my Porpoise.

From what I tested on SIsi, mining missions are broken :
ore missions can only be done with T1 strip miner and no mining drones, otherwise the waste mechanic will pop the roid before enough ore has been collected
Ice and gas cannot be done at all since there is no way around waste I found for those
Some iterations to this patch are still to be made so hopefully something will be made.

1 Like

CCP said they will only look at fixing mining missions after they have decided on the final waste percentages. Which sadly means we can’t properly test those missions on the Test Server yet, and they are all broken. :frowning:

According to CCP Psych:

Mining Missions will be addressed before release. Finalizing quantities will be determined by where we will end up on the waste probabilities profile for T1 modules.

2 Likes

My current High Sec mining mission fleet and the missions I use them for are listed below, have tested these post patch with the waste mechanic and all still work.

L4 Gas Venture
• Gas Injections
• Like Drones to a Cloud

• Cheap Chills
• Ice Installation

L4 Ore Retriever
• Not Gneiss at All

L4 Ore Porpoise
• Arisite Envy
• Feeding the Giant
• Geodite and Gemology

1 Like