Level 4 Mining Mission Summary

Hey @Anderson_Geten this is great stuff - I’ve still only done a few of the missions and haven’t delved deep into timing them yet. Currently sticking to messing around with three ship types, the Endurance, the Prospect and the Procurer.

I’ve only got one toon (an alt toon) running the L4 Mining Missions so if I’m not busy on my main I’ll run the Null-Sec missions due to the need to be on the ball but if I’m busy on the main then I’ll have the alt run the L4 in High-Sec or have them mining ice or some such so I don’t have to concentrate on them so much.

I’m not looking to min/max on the alt toon so the L4 Missions are just some fun stuff to do and it’s neat research to see the differences with the ISK and LP rewards between the High-Sec and Null-Sec Agents.

Hopefully the original post and the threads it’s spawned are helpful to some folks out there!

At some point I’ll post some fits for the mining boats I’m using in Null-Sec, although you could probably find some decent fits here - https://zkillboard.com/corporation/98461069/losses/ - xABRADOXx [ABRAD] is one of the main groups out in ORE space.

you mean this corporation https://zkillboard.com/kill/71147188/ ?

in my case I can’t do an activity without thinking of improving it; that is, evaluate it, find correct valuations for all the variables, and optimizing it.

So I did some mining missions, with the goals to evaluate how much could I do at the max, and if using an orca /propoise would be worth it. the result is, orca is better than other ships ; and orca with other alts is even better than two orcas doing missions separately.

Quick question as I have never done mining missions. Do you stay in hi-sec while doing these and the mission sends you to specific asteroid fields or do you have to go find them yourself? I am not always clear in my questions so an example would be something like this.

Accept mission, mission gives a nearby system (like security missions) and I go there to mine or is it Accept mission (find dark ochre) and I have to fly to a nul-sec area that has dark ochre or find a wormhole with a gas cloud?

just like the mining mission from career agent.

Hey @Zlim_Naskingar - the agent will give you a mission that is in a deadspace pocket must like a security mission with a specific type or ore or gas that you’ll need to mine. Check the original post, all the info is in there for the L4 missions.

1 Like

Hi nice post,i have don a lott of mining missions som years ago.i managed to run up to 4 accounts at the same time,thats no afk.I used mac.and belive it or not Talos for gas harwesting missions,that worked grate for me.And of corse i did run 4 missions,waist to use more than 1 on a mission if you have 2 accounts that can mine.And working on standing for lvl4 mining missions do securety or distrebution missions to lvl3 thats mutch faster than grinding mining missions

Howdy all.

I have made a few modifications to my system. I should note that some of the numbers that Shiven posted above were taken from Greedy Goblin’s blog, and he always had system wide orca boosts running. Solo Mining missions are not as profitable as they once were.

But I do have an interesting “double addition” to your arsenal. This works amazingly in Nullsec as well

1. . having +2 Faction AND +5 Corp for an EMPIRE corp who has a mining fleet, that fleet will defend you if attacked on grid. Not in a mission, but if you are being hunted you might be able to warp to a belt that has a friendly mining fleet and… suprise! This works best in lowsec as null has few “stations” to support a fleet.

2. . Having +5 faction to a PIRATE corp does the same. Again, this does not apply in a mission but it could be interesting at an undock!

3. Having really high faction or corp standings can be milked another way. There are two Level 4 Security missions that can be done quickly. Cargo delivery and Recon part 1-3. All can be done in an interceptor and give full level 4 security LP! If you are missioning, choose a station with a level 4 security agent IN ADDITION TO YOUR MINING AGENT. If you like you can even reject a bunch, lose some standings with agent, corp and faction but get more level 4 sec missions done. Each will count towards your storyline counter. There are people who mine in NM- for ORE and completely ignore the easy level 3 security missions that can be done in minutes!

As I write this, Blood raider LP is over 8k /lp. A null level 4 security mission gives amazing LP.

You can also do this for level 3’s as well. Worth it, imho, as long as you don’t NEED super high standings. I like to “burn off” sisters of eve standing since it rises so high from standard “empire” missioning. This also makes epic arcs more valuable, since that juicy 8% can be “burned off”. Careful to keep corporation (or agent!) above 5 or you won’t be able to do level 4’s.

Another idea: Ever wonder what to do with that high slot in your venture? Put a probe launcher in it! Scan down sigs as you gas harvest. Again, in low and null there are vauable data and relic sites.

And remember anything you have in Null can be brought to lowsec in Asset Safety for 15% of it’s value, NO MATTER THE SIZE

Enjoy!

1 Like

My current High Sec mining mission fleet and the missions I use them for are listed below.

L4 Gas Venture
• Gas Injections
• Like Drones to a Cloud

L4 Ice Retriever (w/Medium Ice Harvester Accelerator I)
• Cheap Chills
• Ice Installation

L4 Ore Retriever
• Not Gneiss at All

L4 Ore Porpoise
• Arisite Envy
• Feeding the Giant
• Geodite and Gemology

As a general rule I will regularly decline the ‘Mother Lode’ mission and on the off chance I get it twice in a row I will just go do something else while waiting out the cool down on the penalty for declining a mission twice in four hours.

With the Blackout on I’ve not been doing many Mining Missions in Null Sec. The NM-OEA System has been pretty active… https://zkillboard.com/system/30004518/ - and when you’re not Blue to the regulars in the area it is most definitely NOT a ‘safe’ place to be AFK mining. Constant D-Scanning and looking for Combat Probes is the key to survival especially when you can’t see who is in Local anymore, if the Combat Probes get close (say 4au) then it’s time to start your exit strategy. It’s also super helpful to have some warp-to pings around the Stations in case of Bubbles.

they don’t need to dscan you. They have many mission sites bookmarked, and those are in limited number so they can easilty warp to you even though you don’t see the probes. Happened to me once.

2 Likes

I had no idea that missions used the same deadspace sites over again - good tip!

Thanks Anderson!!

3 Likes

Maybe it’s in small quantities because nm- is small and grids can’t overlap.
Remember that deadspace pockets can be much bigger than a grid. Sometimes you can warp like 10 000 km away from the mission beacon and still land on the first gate.

1 Like

My current High Sec mining mission fleet and the missions I use them for are listed below.

L4 Gas Venture
• Gas Injections
• Like Drones to a Cloud

L4 Ice Retriever (w/Medium Ice Harvester Accelerator I)
• Cheap Chills
• Ice Installation

L4 Ore Retriever
• Not Gneiss at All

L4 Ore Porpoise
• Arisite Envy
• Feeding the Giant
• Geodite and Gemology

As a general rule I will regularly decline the ‘Mother Lode’ mission and on the off chance I get it twice in a row I will just go do something else while waiting out the cool down on the penalty for declining a mission twice in four hours.

For the Null-sec missions when you’re not Blue to the regulars in the area it is most definitely NOT a ‘safe’ place to be AFK mining. Constant D-Scanning and looking for Combat Probes is the key to survival especially when you can’t see who is in Local anymore, if the Combat Probes get close (say 4au) then it’s time to start your exit strategy. It’s also super helpful to have some warp-to pings around the Stations in case of Bubbles.

in null, you need :

1. A deep safe, that is further than 30 AU I think from a celestial.
  2. an insta undock out of grid, if possible in the AU range of the station to not be dscaned easily.
  3. one or more insta docks
  4. one or more pings on the station out of grid in order to check for bubble on the station.
4 Likes

Cheers @Anderson_Geten - solid advice!

This guide is great- and I haven’t found this level of detail in other location. One area I’m struggling is what to buy with LP. I realize the market is constantly changing- and that people may not want to share their BEST secrets. But I’m currently making about 400 isk per LP - so ANY tips to get that higher would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.fuzzwork.co.uk/lpstore/

select your corp, then load buy buy order

1 Like

Hey @Complex_Math - hopefully Anderson’s link was helpful? That site is a super reference for LP conversion.

When you’re using the site and have found the Corp you’re gaining LP for I find it useful to sort by ‘isk/lp’ and then take a look at the ‘5% Volume’ column. Obviously items with more ‘isk/lp’ are better but if they don’t sell through quickly you may not see that isk very fast, sometimes it’s a wise choice to go for the items with less ‘isk/lp’ but that are selling more often.

Thanks. The link was very helpful.

I’m really bad at making isk in this game, I’m hoping the level 4 missions will be appropriate for someone with my skill level.

Nice fits :+1:

1 Like

Thanks @Mark_Octavius - can’t take all the credit though there are lots of solid references out there for fits and fitting discussions.