Level 4 Mining Mission Summary

Is there any specific reason why you’ve gone for Retriever over Mack for Not Gneiss at all?

Thanks for the write up Shriven. Very informative and well put together

Thank you doing this, now if only CCP could double the number of missions or add some variety to the missions (e.g. sometimes there are rats, sometimes not).

Howdy . I have done tons of Level4 missions on alts in Hodrold and NM- (AND e02!). Here’s my additions.

1. . In hisec: Doing missions with “big” ore requirements, that is, larger than 1 orehold, DON’T use a porpoise in hisec. Or a retriever. Use a procurer and do what I do.

ICE:

Warp to the mission. Drop a mobile tractor. AB to the ore/Ice. Eject when you have eitehr 10k or 12k of ice and it will be tractored in.

When you do the next “batch” you will exhaust the ice. warp to station. Offload it, warp immediately out and pick up the MCT and the rest of the ice. Other than saving the slowboat to the ore that was “jetcanned”, you save the session change timer in station.

Ore: Do the same but eject when you feel like it. Then warp back with a miasmos. No need to “fit the miasmos for speed” or anything like that.

DO NOT DROP A MTU IN NULL. It will be scanned down if you have to leave.

I hate doing multiple trips back to teh station in null. Usually I just try to do the Ice missions with the small ore mission and maybe a gas mission.

Gas Missions: I hate them. I usually decline them. Can’t really AFK them.

Null has different LP rewards and the missions are slightly different. Not Gneiss at all is still the best. But as I write this, Thukker is 2600 isk/lp and ore is 4800. Almost double AND YOU GET ALMOST DOUBLE THE LP FOR THE MISSION TOO.

Hit a good bunch of “Not Gneiss” (Remember there are two L4 agents out there) and 120 mil / hour is EASY to hit.

Now there are costs as well. Getting stuff out there, getting LP rewards back, getting the redemption items out there, Getting loads of Kernite up there, (It’s not native), updating order prices (Some ore stuff is thinly traded), and of course, losses. But it’s worth it, IMHO. You’ll need a taxi interceptor at LEAST and keep an eye on Eve scout for close WH’s. (If one is 4-5 jumps away, better run a load of Kernite and stuff!)

IF you get some ore stolen, or more likely, get blown up, the ore resets at DT and you still have to “re mine” it all. That is, you have to remine it all out no matter how much you have in station. Having 1 million units of the ore in station doesn’t matter as the mission isn’t flagged until all the ore is mined out. So don’t do a lot of work 1/2 hour from downtime. I personally reset PI.

Don’t use barges or exhumers or porpoises in null. Just ventures and prospect and endurances. And no MCT’s.

Null gives hauler spawns in rats occassionally. Your miasmos will come in handy. BUT: NO STATION IN NM- has manufacturing! Or compression. I just sell it as the guys with the citadels may use it.

L1-3 missions for ORE in Null are barely worth more than L4 in hisec. Do them only to get standings.

Ore is on good terms with Gallente so you can do a bit of gallente missioning in hisec to get standings for ore.

Doing missions for ORE and THukker will slowly kill other standings but not too much. Amattar is the worst for thukker but it doesn’t go below -7 so 2 in diplo will help you there. Most of the others top out at -1 or -2. Even the combat storyline is against the angels or serpentis.

I have no experience doing l4 mining in null for the empires or pirates themselves. When I checked the LP of the empire factions it was 800 and the pirates were 2500. (Remember you get twice as much per mission tho).

Don’t fit shield extenders or shield extender rigs in null. Sig radius.

Make all gankers RED in local and overview. Although they usually sneak up on you in a cloaky ship.

E02 has a l4 thukker agent. About 60% of the isk/lp of Ore. it can be a hot system.

There are some courier storylines that are… interesting. One that is good requires you to bring something back. Literally in a shuttle. So you can accept it, TRY to fly out there… 4-5 jumps. If you get ganked the product is still in the far station. If not, well, you’ll probably make it back.

There is a courier mission that requires 4-5 trips. Forget it.

If someone starts a corp out in NM- give me a holler. I would love to go back.

There are no Ore Agents in high or low. THere seems to be one but he’s in space with no LP store, so you’ve got to haul the stuff back.

Lastly: The Double JumpClone method:

I used to have clones in NM- and Hodrold. Home station was NM-.

I started the day in NM-. If it was quiet, I mined. If not, I JC’ed to Hodrold and mined there till the timer expired. When the timer was up, I reinstalled the clone and Self destructed (No implants!) back to NM-. Still hot? JC to hodrold and mine in hisec for another day and wait for the timer. This means you are always mining in the “best system”.

I’m currently setting it up slightly differently, but you get the idea.

5 Likes

Furthermore, don’t get lazy and thing that “Oh, Thukker is always the best”.

Right now, Ore is 4800 isk/lp (With double the LP/mission because of null)

Thukker is 2700

Ducia Foundry is 2500 (Still have a highsec island however)

Minmatar mining is 3500!

shhhh

do you know you can iterate over each L4 mining agent, get his corporation, get the isk/LP of the corporation, then get the system of the agent, get the reward mul of the agent, and thus know which agents are the most worth at any given time?

Don’t spill it though, it’s 1337 skills.

Good stuff @Mr_Carbon appreciate you sharing your knowledge!

My current High Sec mining mission fleet and the missions I use them for are listed below.

L4 Gas Venture
• Gas Injections
• Like Drones to a Cloud

L4 Ice Retriever (w/Medium Ice Harvester Accelerator I)
• Cheap Chills
• Ice Installation

L4 Ore Retriever
• Not Gneiss at All

L4 Ore Porpoise
• Arisite Envy
• Feeding the Giant
• Geodite and Gemology

As a general rule I will regularly decline the ‘Mother Lode’ mission and on the off chance I get it twice in a row I will just go do something else while waiting out the cool down on the penalty for declining a mission twice in four hours.

I’ve recently started running some Mining Missions in Null Sec, working on L3’s right now to get my Standing up for the L4’s - once I get the L4’s rolling I’ll start tracking the ISK and LP rewards for the missions to get a good comparison versus the ISK/LP rewards you get for the High Sec L4’s.

2 Likes

I’m running the level 4 mining tutorial, and was hoping someone could link a good Gila fit?

Level 4 mining tutorial? Where’d you find that? And why would you use a Gila for mining?

he’s troling. report him.

2 Likes

Was wondering something about mining missions, and wanted to ask here people who do them before posting it in Player feature suggestion :

What would you think if the mining missions (at least L4) had a bunch of little asteroid/gas clouds instead of a single one with lot of ore inside, to make the APM (action per minute) way higher than it is now ?

I don’t want to make it fall in the tedious zone with a swarm of pebbles, but let’s say Arisite Envy had asteroids with about two cycle of retrevier of ore in it, would you like it to have to “play” more the mission ? the asteroids wouldn’t need to be far appart, the mission Mother Lode gives a good example of a redesigned mission layout.

Another idea is to make overall the time spent doing a mining L4 with optimal fit not last more than 30 minutes, so basically reduce the amount needed to mine, and with that the reward, to make missions shorter instead of the snorefest we have.

My current High Sec mining mission fleet and the missions I use them for are listed below.

L4 Gas Venture
• Gas Injections
• Like Drones to a Cloud

• Cheap Chills
• Ice Installation

L4 Ore Retriever
• Not Gneiss at All

L4 Ore Porpoise
• Arisite Envy
• Feeding the Giant
• Geodite and Gemology

As a general rule I will regularly decline the ‘Mother Lode’ mission and on the off chance I get it twice in a row I will just go do something else while waiting out the cool down on the penalty for declining a mission twice in four hours.

Still working on my Mining Missions in Null Sec and still working working on L3’s right now to get my Standing up for the L4’s - once I get the L4’s rolling I’ll start tracking the ISK and LP rewards for the missions to get a good comparison versus the ISK/LP rewards you get for the High Sec L4’s. The Null Sec missions are definitely not an AFK activity, you will get probed down and agressed - you need to be on your toes out there!

1 Like

L4 Gas Venture
• Gas Injections
• Like Drones to a Cloud

• Cheap Chills
• Ice Installation

L4 Ore Retriever
• Not Gneiss at All

L4 Ore Porpoise
• Arisite Envy
• Feeding the Giant
• Geodite and Gemology

Yes… I’m still slowly working on the Mining Missions in Null Sec and am still slowly working working on L3’s right now to get my Standing up for the L4’s - I’m close thought, sitting at 4.8 Standing just need another .2 and I can start working on the L4 missions.

sounds great!

i am not in game atm (work lol) my standing with gall fed navy is a perfect 10 is there a way to see my standing while off line?

Not that I’m aware of?

L4 Gas Venture
• Gas Injections
• Like Drones to a Cloud

• Cheap Chills
• Ice Installation

L4 Ore Retriever
• Not Gneiss at All

L4 Ore Porpoise
• Arisite Envy
• Feeding the Giant
• Geodite and Gemology

Yes… I’m still slowly whittling away on the Mining Missions in Null Sec and am still slowly working working on L3’s right now to get my Standing up for the L4’s - when you’re not Blue to the regulars in the area it is most definitely NOT a ‘safe’ place to be AFK mining. Constant D-Scanning and looking for Combat Probes is the key to survival when there are Neuts in system, if the Combat Probes get close (say 4au) then it’s time to start your exit strategy.

I’ve made it… gathered enough standing to run the Level 4 Mining Missions in Null Sec. I’ve started tracking the ISK and LP reward differences between High Sec and Null Sec missions on a Google Doc which you can view here:

I’ve only run a few missions so far but am obviously seeing some significant increases in ISK and LP rewards. The ISK payouts average about a 77% increase from High Sec and I’m seeing an average increase of 91% for the LP rewards.

you should have ± 100% increase in both LP and isk reward by going from a .6 to a -4 . depends on the systems.

if you are in NM- the isk/LP should be 4k with strip miners / harvester / mindlink to direct orders, 5.5k isk/lp to long term with excavator.
so when comparing with HS, it’s 8k isk/LP compared to a HS value to direct, and 11k isk/LP long term compared to HS.

other than that, in g-g the serpentis agent should be worth ±3k isk/lp with asklepian/dd/slave .

after that it’s better to go in HS for thukker X cap battery (2.5k direct) or imperial navy eanm (4k average).

my average estimations are, for the same mission :
isk *1 HS, *1.5 LS, *2 NS
LP/isk *3HS, *4LS, *8 NS (takes into account the multiplier of security)

so eg not gneiss at all gives 3950 base LP and 1582k base isk, so in NS it becomes 3950 * 8+1582 * 2= 34M7 isk per mission ; while in HS it’s 3950 * 3+1582 = 13M4 isks.

in my data I noted the time to start/stop the mission when alone (it’s written in the logs when I undock from station and dock) , this mission takes around 11 min to complete. This means ± 189M/h in NS, 73M/h in HS.

However this is the best mission, the other ones are like 67% as good at max.
The only missions that are worth 100M/h in NS are cheap chills(129), feeding the giant(109), geodite(113), ice installation(131) and not gneiss(193)

Of those, cheap chills, ice installation and not gneiss take 11min, while feeding and geodite takes twice as long . average, weighted by time (so 2 for those last two) gives 128M/h .
Picking only those 5 bests is easy and won’t hinder your standing.
Picking the best 3 (cheap chills, ice installation and not gneiss at all) would result in 151M/h in NS but is not always doable.

Also remember you will get killed in NS. And it’s not even worth using an orca, while in HS using an orca + two hulks can net you much more (assuming you fit laser range booster on your orca and laser upgrade) than splitting those three accounts.
With lasers range you can shoot most roids from the warpin. This means, no need for promod and refit shinanigans besides the orca’s 500mn (mandatory for correct align).

3 Likes