Level 4 Mining Mission Summary

Mother Lode
I use an Arkanor Crystal fitted Skiff and just take three trips. That way my guard drones deal with any annoyances and my normal mining ship (porpoise) does not lose its mining drones.

1 Like

Concerns alpha player

Having my account in alpha state for a while, I continued to do L4 mining missions. But since mining barges, mining drones and ice harvesting are locked, I had to change the followings :

I have to decline ā€œCheaps chillsā€ and ā€œIce installationā€ since they require to mine ice

The gas huffing missions ā€œGas injectionsā€ and ā€œLike drones to a cloudā€ can be done with a venture equiped with 2x ā€œGas harvester Iā€

I do the ore mining missions with a Rokh equiped with the following :

Rokh alpha mining mission fit

[Rokh, alpha mining L4]

Mining Laser Upgrade II
Mining Laser Upgrade II
Mining Laser Upgrade II
Co-Processor II
Mining Laser Upgrade II

Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
500MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
F-90 Compact Sensor Booster, Scan Resolution Script
[Empty Med slot]
[Empty Med slot]

Miner II
Miner II
Miner II
Miner II
Miner II
Miner II
Miner II
Miner II

Large Processor Overclocking Unit I
Large Processor Overclocking Unit I
[Empty Rig slot]

Acolyte II x5

The yield is 14 m3/s, with these implants on the character :

• Zainou ā€˜Gypsyā€™ CPU Management EE-603
  • Inherent Implants ā€˜Highwallā€™ Mining MX-1003

The EE-603 is needed for the fit while the second is just for a constant 3% yield bonus, both are under 5-6 M isk and very useful for miners and shield/drone/missiles users.

The rokh can jet-can mine with the help of a miasmos equiped with a propulsion module and a tractor beam.

To give an idea of completion times, I did Arisite Envy which took about 1h15, and Likes drones to a cloud which took 45 minutes. My fit for the arisite envy was lacking a MLU II and I forgot to fit my miasmos correctly before starting the mission, can be done under a hour I think.

1 Like

@Kiddoomer Good stuff, appreciate the work done to help out the Alpha toons - nice to know that this is a viable option for them!

A bumpā€¦

My current mining mission fleet and the missions I use them for are listed below.

L4 Gas Venture
ā€¢ Gas Injections
ā€¢ Like Drones to a Cloud

L4 Ice Retriever (w/Medium Ice Harvester Accelerator I)
ā€¢ Cheap Chills
ā€¢ Ice Installation

L4 Ore Retriever
ā€¢ Not Gneiss at All

L4 Ore Porpoise
ā€¢ Arisite Envy
ā€¢ Feeding the Giant
ā€¢ Geodite and Gemology

As a general rule I will regularly decline the ā€˜Mother Lodeā€™ mission and on the off chance I get it twice in a row I will just go do something else while waiting out the cool down on the penalty for declining a mission twice in four hours.

4 best offers for mining agents, 2best in null, 2 best in high.
all numbers are normalized to HS system value.
Value are average effective sale for yesterday

• excavator mining drone :
    • daily volume : 852k LP
    • LP worth normalized : 11.2
    • system : nm-
  • ore expanded cargohold
    • daily volume : 832k LP
    • LP worth : 5.670
    • system : nm-
  • fed web
    • daily volume : 3M3 LP
    • LP worth : 3.15
    • system : villore
  • mid nomad epsilon
    • daily volume : 1M8 LP
    • LP worth : 2.89
    • system : hodrold
2 Likes

Cheers for this @Anderson_Geten - I mostly work Thukker Mix LP, may have to expand the project into some Quafe Company LP as well.

Have you done much out in Outer Ring? Is it fairly ā€˜safeā€™ to solo mine out in NM-OEA or does someone ā€˜controlā€™ the system?

I took a peak at zKill and it looks like the the Corporation xABRADOXx [ABRAD] is one of the main mining groups out there, any clue if theyā€™re friendly?

I went there yesterday in my venture.

There was a russian 1-man corp who was there already. He tried to scan me down, several time. I almost got his scanner alt (venture with T1 hobs = bad DPS), I was able to do several missions while he was scanning me (Put a cloak on my venture, warped to safe when the probes were too close, donā€™t activate mwd when he is scanning). Was a bit hard since the rats are BS so you need to be orbiting the by hand, while also keeping transerveral to the BS, checking dscan and local at the same time.

He tried to put bubbles on the undock, used covert pilgrim, T3c gallente, astero, basically chasing me down.

Basically you canā€™t go there and slack off, you need to be very aware. He was a bit stupid, like putting his scanning alt on the undock, or using the same alt to scan/blap, so I guess he was jus trying to piss me off (which he did)
I suggest go with at least two friends, he did not have eyes on the surrounding systems so catching him would be easy.

yes, this guy https://zkillboard.com/corporation/98461069/

1 Like

and when I say he is bad ā€¦

On the other end I lost my venture to a stratios while I was not able to see his probes on dscan.

Not a big deal, but it means there is some activity.

2 Likes

I made a little google doc to get an idea of the ISK and LP per hour of missions, it only takes into account time spent mining the missions rocks/ice/gas for now. The user can input his own yields and the average of ISK and LP rewards.

Youā€™ll have to copy it for yourself if you want to change if I understood how sharing google doc works.

2 Likes

it can be edited by others if the original creator gives editing rightsā€¦ thats how in null, I was editing the market sheet when we were creating our own market down there.

1 Like

I took a few notes.

data first, explanations of formula after, and analysis at the end

Data

mission : LP base : k isk base : M isk/h HS : M isk/h LS : M isk/h NS

L4
arisite envy : 4610 : 2107 : 45 : 55 : 77
cheap chills : 2517 : 1057 : 50 : 61 : 86
feeding the giant : 4343 : 1655 : 42 : 50 : 71
gas injection :
geodite and gemology : 4488 : 1959 : 44 : 53 : 75
ice installation : 2545 : 1065 : 50 : 61 : 86
like drones to a cloud : 4240 : 1897 : 30 : 36 : 52
mother lode : 3953 : 1606 : 75 : 90 : 128
not gneiss at all : 3959 : 1726 : 75 : 91 : 129

L3 data for indication (no volume so no isk/h)
a better world : 572 : 343
beware they live : 749 : 448
coming 'round the mountain : 512 : 313
drone distribution : 463 : 285
persistent pests : 447 : 274
pile of pithix : 941 : 584

formula

base value (isk and LP) are to be indexed on the truesec of the agent. ISK value are average.

Actually LP base value must be multiplied by the LP indexed value of the agent to be converted to isk.
I took 3 k indexed isk/lp for HS, 3.5 for LS, and 5 for NS, as it is Ā± the best values I just got.
truesec factor is Ā± 1 in HS (highest is 1.2 in lanngisi), 1.5 in LS (1.6 is best), and up to 2 in NS (for truesec -0.4).

The time I consider to do a mission is warptime+missionchange+volume/yield

• warptime is 80(2 * 40s)s for cruiser size, 60(2 * 30) for venture
  • missionchange is 30s
  • yield is the one indicated in spreasheet of @Kiddoomer

base isk/h = reward_isk/time
base lp/h = reward_lp/time
isk/h = true_index * isk/h + lp_index * lp/h

• ie for HS isk/h = reward_lp/time + 3*reward_lp/time

Analysis

It takes ages to make missions (I do them in a porpoise, will do them in skiff maybe ?) so I did not have a lot of data (missing a few missions), also the isk value is average so from 1 or 2 missions this makes little sense.

What is important though is that those missions can be improved by using a hulk + porpoise . The mack does not have enough ore hold to store some missions, and also have lower yield than a hulk. The Porpoise gives up to +63% yield with the boosters, while its drones can harvest 18 mĀ³/s. One hulk + one porpoise is Ā±82 mĀ³/s ; while two macks are 46 mĀ³/s. And one porpoise+ice hulk is 80.3 mĀ³/s.
so with two account I go from 58M/h in HS (like drones to a cloud) to 228 M/h in NS (not gneiss at all)

2 Likes

Very interesting stuff, I have a few L4 agents in lowsec a few jumps away, Iā€™ll see how much it improves and if Iā€™m not getting too much run after.

The google doc can be edited by anyone now.

Iā€™ve done all my L4 Mining Missions in Highsec, would be keen to see some ISK and LP numbers from Lowsec and Nullsec agents.

Iā€™ve been keeping track of numbers and hereā€™s what Iā€™m seeing currently:

Going from a 0.6 to 0.4 system is about a 20% upgrade in LP rewards, ISK stays the same.

Iā€™ll try to see if going to a 0.2 system to do level 3 missions could be better, all of them donā€™t require to mine more than what a endurance can hold. And I found a L3 thukker mix agent in a 0.2 system.

doing motherlode in a porpoise. I spread my drones on the roids, I got several explosions when I was too close but I got back to 15km and the explosions stop. So my drones entered armor, but now itā€™s ok they are back to shield 100%

I just approached an asteroid to 14km, got an explosion, but no drone damaged.

I got an explosion at 16km but no drone was damaged ??

Drones are damaged not when they work but when they come back, if a drone is behind an asteroid, to get to your ship he is gonna through the cloud.

I donā€™t see any cloud on overview, I play in potato mode so canā€™t see anything on the field either.

ok I think I should take the distance to ore into the benefit formula. I just got a ā€œarisite envyā€ and this makes me warp in @40 km from the ore. Letā€™s check the time required after warpin to complete the mission.

Mission

arisite envy. mine 45 mĀ³ of gneiss, 40km away from warpin.

I use approximate formula, if someone wants to do the stuff correctly just do it. If you donā€™t, then ā– ā– ā– ā–  off.

Porpoise

fit
[Porpoise, porpoise]
Damage Control II
Caldari Navy Shield Power Relay

50MN Microwarpdrive II
Large Shield Extender II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Large Shield Extender II

Shield Command Burst II
Shield Command Burst II
Auto Targeting System I
Auto Targeting System I

Medium Drone Mining Augmentor II
Medium Drone Mining Augmentor II
Medium Drone Mining Augmentor I

Federation Navy Hammerhead x5
Ice Harvesting Drone II x1

Shield Extension Charge x273
Shield Harmonizing Charge x273

yield = 18.58
max speed = 1330 m/s
align = 7s
warp speed = 2.97

total time = 2*(7+20/2.97)+40/1.330+45000/18.58
= 3080s
= 0:41:20

hulk max yield

fit
[Hulk, *Simulated Hulk]
Mining Laser Upgrade II
Mining Laser Upgrade II
Mining Laser Upgrade II

Modulated Strip Miner II
Modulated Strip Miner II

Medium Processor Overclocking Unit I
Medium Processor Overclocking Unit I

Gneiss Mining Crystal II x2

I think thatā€™s the max yield of a barge, with drones letā€™s say it is 39.1 mĀ³/s

yield = 39.1
max speed = 175 m/s
align = 13s
warp speed = 3.63

need a hauler to come in. assuming a miasmos with 3stabs + 3 hyper T2 that makes 2more trip @5.74 UA/s, 7s align, 1135 m/s, plus two session changes@10s.

miasmos fit
[Miasmos, *Simulated Miasmos]
Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II

50MN Cold-Gas Enduring Microwarpdrive

Medium Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II

total time = 2*(13+20/3.63)+40/0.175+45000/39.1 + 20 + 2*(7+20/5.74) +40/1.135
= 1493s
= 0:24:53

hulk refitting to AB

basically the hulk uses a AB-fit then a mobile depot to switch to full yield

hulk 10mn
[Hulk, *Simulated Hulk]
Micro Auxiliary Power Core II
Overdrive Injector System II
Overdrive Injector System II

10MN Afterburner II

Here the only difference with the previous fit is the time it takes to travel the 40km.
previous fit uses 40/0.175 = 229s =0:3:40
this fit uses 40/ 0.37+60+5 = 173s = 0:2:53 , thatā€™s 45s less.

Dual fit : AB refitting+porpoise

The two previous fit together : the hulk uses the porpoise to refit. so basically itā€™s 5s to refit.

hulk
yield = 59.1 once boosted
max speed = 370 m/s
align = 13s
warp speed = 3.63
delay=5s

noctis
yield = 18.58
max speed = 1330 m/s
align = 7s
warp speed = 2.97

noctis reaches the ore after
7+20/2.97+40/1.33 = 43s
Hulk reaches ore after
13+20/3.63+40/0.370+5 = 132s
during the two, porpoise has mined (132-43)* 18.58 = 1653mĀ³

remains 43350 of ore. that is, 43350/(18.58+59.1)=558s
after that, still need 20s to warp back to station=>
132+558+20= 710s = 0:11:50

That is 1443/710 = a tiny bot more than 2, ie. you gain a tiny bit more by going with two chars in the same pocket rather than spreading them

Duo double refitting hulk

Here we consider both the hulk carry their mobile depot and refit to full yield.

total time = 2*(13+20/3.63)+40/0.37 + 60 +5 +45000/78.2 + 20 + 2*(7+20/5.74) +40/1.135
= 862s
= 0:14:21
Thatā€™s worse than one porpoise and one refitting hulk

Conclusion

go for AB refitting hulk, then non-refit hulk, then porpoise. duo, go porpoise+refitting hulk.

I made a mistake. The porpoise canā€™t be used to refit, like the orca.