Local Comms Blackout - Discussion Thread

I have a question for those who are against this change and fear that he will more often interact with other players. Why then play an online game? there are a lot of great singles games where only you will be master of the situation. Due to the lack of normal pvp in this game, whole teams are leaving, Look at the same “Skill urself”

3 Likes

i do not fully agree with you but yes you have a good point

but without local functioning as it is it is a lot harder to find and fight out those fights
they can simply disseapear on you and youre searching in the system of where the fight started for them cause you cant see bloody local drop

if CCP really wanted to boost up pvp and sov warfire in 0.0 they would change Fozzy-sov in to something better
And they should definitely change citadel reinforcement mechanics

Simply - it takes too long to chnange sov and to push boarders WTB POS sov system back

BTW why there is no restriction on citadels? - better fix this 1 planet = 1 citatel, 1 moon = 1 mining complex

2 Likes

you mean it is taking you to much time and effort to take over systems that is where fozzy sov (wich im not all happy about) was putted in place for in the first place

1 Like

Dude, your toxic responses to people expressing legitimate concern is doing nothing to help this game and community. How old are you?

1 Like

ops not only do you want ships that dont fight back in any real terms, you want them handed to you on a platter rofl and there it is … i can play the generalization and its all about me game to hahaha

2 Likes

Lol. Yama happy now!

you mis understand me

i have bin in smaller medium and massive fights
i do not want ppl to hand over theyr ships on a silver plate

only ppl do not realise that 60% of the isotopes come out of nulsec
there are simply not enough ice belts in highsec to suply the isotopes needet to fuel the citadels

I love how people are comparing this to WH’s. So you don’t have a chat room anymore to let you know someone is in your system? Omg cry more, you actually have to use D-scan which every ship has as a standard? The horror. The days of afk mining or ratting and botting are coming to a close. Good on ccp. I’ve been saying this since I was a pleb HS miner. There’s no reason for a chat room to be a game mechanic to automatically tell you if there is an enemy in your area. Just boils down to being lazy and wanting an easy life. Guess what EVE is the best sandbox mmo ever and this change has made it even better. If you’re too lazy to D-Scan while you’re rorqual mining and choose to watch a movie on your other monitor then you 100% deserve to lose that ship or unsub. Take your pick. This is going to decimate botting which has been a plague for sometime now. This is making the game more in-depth as far as using systems on your ship that the afk ratters and miners neglect. (“V” key by default btw.) time to man up and play the game in a way that should of been played since it’s conception. HS sure let the new guys have local. LS delayed. NS no local. WH same no-local. Wormholes you have to scan chains down everyday just to get out and hope that the exit isn’t crit or already EOL and about to pop. That’s the additional mechanic that makes living in a WH more challenging than the static gates in K-space. (Along with hole effects). So when you compare it to wormholes and say “well if I wanted WH mechanics I would of joined a WH.” Guess what good thing you didn’t because if you can’t push a “v” every so often you wouldn’t last long. Just my two cents. o7 Thanks CCP for making the game even better and more in-depth. See you at EVE Vegas!

9 Likes

abrams if youre running a mining fleet of over 5 you simply can not run d scan the whole time the switching between characters makes that impossible

it is possible he doesnt fly one never has but guess well never know, but it is pretty hard to keep a fleet going and do intel at the same time

1 Like

when ccp will see the income drop like a concrete brick they will cancel the "blackout"very fast

1 Like

Calling everyone who doesn’t play this game exactly as you want to play it a botter is toxic. Yes.

Did the rorqual mining multiboxing in LS and imperium. Still used my d-scan even with lame ass local. Rely on your fellow capsuleers and help with your own scanning. If it’s too much to handle maybe scale down a bit.

2 Likes

I’m confused. You can’t have the scan window open on all of them with the same hot key for preforming a scan? I’m not sure that it’s at all a challenge to dscan with a fleet of 5+. In fact I know it’s not hard cause I live in the same wormhole as a guy who does 7 account mining at once and he almost never gets caught.

4 Likes

i do not mine in rorquals im old school but i do run a mining fleet wich in combination with local already tricky in nulsec with wormholes appearing wich is oke by me
but if they delay local it is good i did not sub my alts yet this month and i may let em be unsubbed till ccp wakes the hell up

whats that story good thing, bad thing who knows as a single change it has it issues but i guess a test to see what the issues are is a small price to pay to a longer term fix for botting afk and the percieved issues… after all it is just speculation

but i still like the idea of no character pane or head count game wide, along with other changes

works for hunters/pvpers and for miners who play the game not afk or botting

1 Like

for actual botters yes

but this change also endangers the not botters and not every ratter / miner is a botter

Bye Mr. baseless forum alt with no killboard.

Check mine, done the null thing done the low thing done the high thing. Hilariously only one null system has more kills in the last three hours than Tama and Houla…

So violent, so so scary.

NOT it was pretty boring, nothing but trying to catch the nightly retibution roam or random nub wandering around, but otherwise farmville in space. Not many fleets happen around downtime when I play.

3 Likes

You don’t get it do you, if a whole bunch of winey people who have no place being in null leave then that makes everything you get in nullsec worth 10x more especially your moon goo everyone that stays in null after this change will be uber rich even without a rorq or super.

2 Likes