I’ve been experiencing a bug with the EVE client both steam and normal launcher.
The issue is as follows, when i open the launcher and try to login to any account of mine i get faced with a full screen black screen. the cursor is showing and when i press Esc the menu shows and everything but other than that nothing shows.
some information about my system.
Intel i5-9300H CPU 2.4ghz
NVIDIA gtx 1650 4GB vram ( up to date drivers )
8 GB of 2400mhz ram
It’s a laptop so it has one screen.
Hard drives are working in order and not corrupted
→ the specs aren’t great but they should run the game smoothly on medium settings.
things i tried so far.
- run diagnostic tool and verify the game files threw the launcher. ( didn’t help )
- clear cache files through the client. ( didn’t help )
- Delete shared cache in the EVE local files. ( didn’t help )
- Delete CCP file from registry editor. ( didn’t help but shows character selection screen for fraction of a second and then black screen of death.)
- Fresh install of the game through steam and normal launcher. ( didn’t help )
- disabled the GPU all together and tried to run the game on integrated graphics. ( didn’t help )
- Contacted support and they went through all the steps above a 2nd time and then told me the issue will be taken to Technical game master. ( still no reply after that )
- Disable anti aliasing and launch the game again.( didn’t help )
As you can see i tried doing all what i could find on other forums.
If anyone is dealing with the same issue and/or have found a solution to this please help me.