Loki AC Fit for Sansha 10/10's escalations

Can anyone help with me a decent fit for a Loki for 10/10 sansha escalations, I just came back after a 12 years break and really don’t know what I am doing lol. My char is mainly Gallente/Mimitar specced, so I can use the Proteus too but I dont have missle skills yet.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hello and welcome back to Eve.

I don’t know if a T3 Cruiser can do 10/10 escalations, I’ve always thought those type’s of sites were run with Carriers or possibly Marauders…

Definitely interested in seeing a T3 Cruiser fit for them…

Wow getting right into the thick of it. :joy:

See if there is Youtube/EVE Wiki on the sites and start to find a good NS corp that can help you get back into 2023 EVE because it’s way different from 12 years ago.

Best of luck. o7

The last room’s final structure will likely alpha your Loki clean off the map, even if none of the other ships aggress (which is a common bug for Sansha 10/10 final room).

1 Like

The introduction of a specific module many years ago made the Sansha 10/10 an easy breeze to run. My favorite choice of ship would be the Dominix, yes, the regular one.

In the last room, all you have to do is to mjd to the opposite direction of the tower and kill all the ships that would be a danger to your Dominix, then move 10km further away from the tower and stop moving.
Use Warden II’s and kill the tower. Beware of a blinding bright explosion and collect your goodies.

1 Like

Gotcha and I tried researching and couldnt find a good loki or proteus fit, so I am going to the Vargur route which isn’t as good as golem or palladan but shouldn’t be too much of an issue with EMP specific ammo.

2 Likes

Can you guys help me with a Vargur fit for specifically sansha 10/10s?

It’s not cheap. I think the minimum tank you’d want is something along the lines of:

• 1x Damage Control II
  • 1x Deadspace X-Large Shield Booster (more HP the better)
  • 1x Deadspace Shield Boost Amplifier (higher multiplier the better)
  • Resists (the higher the better):
    • 1x Deadspace Multispectrum Shield Hardener; OR
    • 1x EM and 1x Therm Deadspace Shield Hardeners (but double check if the last structure does Kin/Exp damage too; in which case this isn’t an option)

On top of that you’ll want to have a refit in cargo plus Mobile Depot in case folk try to interrupt you, as the Vargur is a very PvP-capable hull if you can plan accordingly (and you’ll certainly be a target with these expensive deadspace modules).

Damn so I really need deadspace mods on the vargur for sansha 10/10’s? You think instead of the Pith-x’s I could prob do it with like Pith-c’s at least? Like Pith C x-large, amp and then just use tech 2’s for rest until i get my isk up a bit more?

I came up with this fit quick in pyfa, I know this isn’t going to do well but I figured I start a template to see what I can approve on, I know sanshas do mainly EM and therm secondary. I looked up the 10/10 sansha and it says the last room does EM damage with its torpedos.

[Vargur, Sansha PVE]

Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Damage Control II

Pith C-Type X-Large Shield Booster
Pith C-Type Shield Boost Amplifier
EM Shield Hardener II
Multispectrum Shield Hardener II
100MN Afterburner II
Large Cap Battery II

800mm Repeating Cannon II
Bastion Module I
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]

Large EM Shield Reinforcer II
Large Thermal Shield Reinforcer II

I see that I am not cap stable for passed 2 minutes so maybe some cap chargers in lows and/or rigs? I do have the ability to switch in the space I am going to be doing them in so I could probably get rid of the AB and add more tank and only use a propulsion mod while traveling(still use my alt to scout ahead)

I ran that one with a Dominix, but I later figured out, I could do the same with a Myrmidon. The only downside is, that it takes more time.
And before your mind goes places, I do have command ship V and all the links skills at level V.

The Eos is just too expensive for slightly elevated risk PVE. I can replace a Myrmidon much quicker.

Sometimes, it is better to have more than one ship in one place. NPC Sansha null is filled with NPC stations, where you can park a ship and a clone.

I mean… you can always try the last room with a T2 fit Vargur. The thing is it’s doing massive alpha strike and you’re a battleship sized signature (or larger) and not moving at all so you’re just eating it all directly to the face.

That’s likely fine, as the final structure has low RoF but massive alpha. So you’re either planning to not get hit in the first place (hence the other suggestion of sentries plus Dominic or Myrm) or DPS race the structure before your cap goes poof.

Since its RoF is poor the faster you rep the sooner you can turn off your shield booster and recharge cap. Essentially pulsing your booster (very long pulses).

Yikes.

Projectiles are the worst weapons platform for Sansha, yeah you can run EMP but your optimal is like 3 km, so you will spend half the time trying to get within range of the target before having to turn around and go to the next one.

The last tower will hit hard, I guarantee you will pop bastion and then realize you are stuck in place without enough range to DPS race a collision with Jita undock.

Just wait until they forget to turn if off and cap themselves out whilst in bastion.

Awful way to die.

What about drifting ? MWD on, approach target, OH the MWD for 2nd cycle, then cool it and activate bastion on 3rd cycle. You should be going at max speed towards your target ( can do like 25 km ?) while blasting it . Once the target is down, align out, turn bastion off, tractor the can, MJD, warp.

I have a Tengu which does them and will share with you (contact me via PM in game).

EDIT - sorry just noticed you are talking about Sansha 10/10 - Ive been doing drone ones.

Buuttttt the grind will take you a LONG time - I normally do my 10/10 escalations with either a rattlesnake or a paladin

1 Like

Yeah I found some fits for sansha, you are right it takes time but I have time until I can fly a rattlesnake, paladin, or golem I guess hehe. Either way though I got the Vargur for a good price so am not too mad, will just set it for pvp!

add that to thread with long known and unfixed bugs

NO matter what you fit, no matter how many friends you’re with, you will die. Put damage mods, put tank mods. have logistics, have buffer. whatever.

Keep it simple. It will die, make it easy to replace.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.