Looking for advice to round out my skill training

New player here, level 3 mission running and level 0 trig filaments arent paying the bills, battleships cost like 400 mil for the cheap ones without fittings, and I need at least 1 backup to replace it. Been trying to work on some side hustles to increase my ISK margin returns by running community oriented player experience created content “events” in the less populated hubs.
Been hosting an ISK doubling “event” in the Dodixie backwaters that is semi profitable but not in the ways that I need it to be.

I need the big ISK and I need it now, not this small potatoes. Im ready to move up, and move out to bigger and brighter. My potential is only limited by my ISK funds wallet preventing the purchase of large vast quantities of skill injectors and boosters, much like Bradley Copper who starred alongside legendary costar Robert De Niro in the Neil Burger directed Hollywood blockbuster film “Limitless” by using the nootropic drug NZT-48 (which grossed 161.8 million dollars globally in the box offices on a $27 million dollar budget).

I worked a horribly failed “Staff of Jordan swap” “event” in Dodixie, but with peoples instant access to the markets database from online websites, they kept trying to whisper me the prices from other trade hubs from instant data pulled to help me “not get scammed” (it did grant me insight into just how fast the market fluctuates and adapts).

What advice would you give me? Move out of Dodixie? Jita already has a full population of Hypernet spam, referral link spam, contract spam, so very rarely can you even get your content seen and if it is, the other “event” hosts might find it upsetting to enter into their territory. Minmatar hubs arent very friendly to an honest hardworking businessman such as myself and bedsides my lifestyle necessitates a certain, shall we say, je ne sais quoi affluence and living standard equal to an entrepreneur such as myself.

Is there any skill training books for our chosen career fields? Skill books that allow you to add more colors to local chat posts perhaps? A skill training book that temporarily causes a temporary time dilation fluctuation and freezes local chat (for 1,2,3,4,5 seconds depending on skill level trained) so that your post is seen more? Skill that decreases others ability to read “fine print” in contracts by making the font much smaller depending on your skill level? Something to that effect? Something…for our needs?
I will take any and all advice that I can get.
Thanks for your time.
-Clavine “The Southerner” South
-Honest business man, procurer and seller of fine goods and antiquities, market investment portfolio handling manager of working class miners retirement funds.

1 Like

I can provide some extremely valuable tips, tricks, and advice for making ISK very quickly, but you’ll have to pay a 1 billion ISK fee for the seminar.

8 Likes

I am looking forward to someday swimming in pools of ISK so deep, hangers so full with ships, that I can afford to attend your training seminar.

It is a limited-time offer.

4 Likes

I shall double my ISK earning efforts, through ISK doubling.

Not sure if trolling or serious but thanks for identifying yourself as a scammer so that we may block your chars in game.

4 Likes

Not sure if trolling or serious but thanks for identifying yourself as a scammer so that we may block your chars in game.

Why I do declare, never in all my years NEVER my good madam have I suffered such an indignatious accusation. That is an outrageous slander of my good character, standing, reputation, family name! If EvE online had a court system, than I would surely litigate this to the fullest extent of the law!
You madam (and I do use the term loosely) are a ruffian, a scoundrel, and a shiftless layabout! Were I not a man of honor, I would see to fistacuffs, yet it is not my way to harm a lady.
I am a businessman, civilized, and you…I am afraid…are nothing but a common hoodlum.
Good day madam.
I said…good day.

2 Likes

Calm down Sir Scamcelot,
That limited time offer may be your next giant leap forward to bath yourself in iskies.

I on the other hand like to bath in something else.

1 Like

Is it Quafe? Is Quafe the answer? It’s Quafe isn’t it? Oh do tell.
Do you get to the Quafe district very often? Oh what am I saying, oh course you don’t…

It might had first started off as that. I don’t know but it”s highly addictive. Perhaps @Uriel_the_Flame can comment on it’s original description, :thinking:

1 Like

You refer to this below?

Imagine an Aiko edition of Quafe+ :wink:

But I’m sure it would cost so much you couldn’t afford it even if you stockpiled ISK for over a decade. Probably you could build the Palatine Keepstar sooner (or ScamCitizen will be released before) you could afford a single one of it.

:smirk: :smiling_imp: :innocent:

2 Likes

I must of had a huge discount as my bottle just cost me a few thousand isk! :laughing:

4 Likes

Have an associate join a corp. A businessperson like you should see the benefit of grouping up in the game. There are many people that will put things like ISK into the corp wallet and items into the corporation hangar. Your corp associate can be very productive in such an environment, gaining trust of those involved. Then when you feel like you can time the market, you can ask your associate for a generous loan of liquid ISK and goods.

3 Likes

Lol. One has to laugh at the irony of a spammer finding themselves inundated with spam.

1 Like

They have a point, like what if we could have some color to Jita local?

Ah yes, adding colours to the scams. Reminds me of RuneScape’s armor trimming deals with all it’s colours and other special chat effects:

flash2:scroll: Free navy ship trimming! Trade me any ship and I’ll turn it into a navy version!

I propose a better idea…the ability to auto-block any local chat with a link in it that is not from one’s corp or alliance. That would eliminate 90% of spam.

4 Likes

The Prophet approves. He misses the scams of old.

1 Like

Fixed that for ya friend. Common mistake I often times see event participants of player made content mistake. Just a matter of some simple updated nomenclature yall.

Oh, I like you. You are a welcome addition to the forums, post more.

3 Likes