Looks like shite

You can still access https://gate.eveonline.com and use that website as normal. However the decision was made by the powers that be to distance the forums from Eve Gate.

1 Like

Use gate.eveonline.com

I like the look of the forums, and he functionality. The old forums were very dated.

I at least used to use the old forums, I hate these and can’t follow anything.

Why do I need a preview of what I type? I’m not going to doing anything stupid like italics and know what that looks like anyway.

1 Like

I’m sorry you’re having issues with these forums. If there is anything specifically that is confusing you, feel free to start a thread @mention me in it and I will see if I can help you.

In regards to the preview window it is the sort of feature that you will either need or you won’t need. It would be near impossible to make a single product that everyone loves. But for now if there are specific things that you are struggling with, let me know!

1 Like

Sometimes I am able to read people’s quote, but I am since about 5 minutes trying to be able to read a particular quote from Gneeznow, but all I am able to see when I click on the quote (which is totally distorted) is the following:

ve online new forums.JPG · 880×67 7.3 KB · download

Yes, very efficient forum. Amazing, cannot even read people’s quotes properly.

1 Like

This feedback sums up exactly what I thought when I first saw them. Even PhpBB would be an improvement on this monstrosity.

3 Likes

What an absolute disgrace to the EVE community the complete EVE website has become, including the forums. Get something decent, something like XenForo for the forums at least :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The New forums are pretty nice at least it’s new content…:grin:

When I buy a new hammer from the store, I don’t expect to have to assemble it myself.

2 Likes

exactly this :smiley:

1 Like

I prefer the new forum vs the old forum.

The old forum was shite when viewed from a phone or handheld.

Yeah, I agree.

However when you buy a new computer or laptop you have to install various programs to customize it to your own preferences.

Bottom line is that CCP has shown us they’re just lazy and only put in just enough effort to make it usable. If we want it to be more user friendly and meet our own preferred expectations, then we have to customize it.

2 Likes

And that right there is the problem, trying to make a computer based game forum accessible on a phone.

I can literally customize Windows 7 to my liking out of the box with zero additional programs.

And I’m gonna call BS on that. Also you basically ignored the main point of that statement:

Bottom line is that CCP has shown us they’re just lazy and only put in just enough effort to make it usable. If we want it to be more user friendly and meet our own preferred expectations, then we have to customize it.

Call BS all you want; it’s the truth.

Yeah, that’s a good aspect of these forums, also the fact that these forums also automatically take you right back to where you were the last time you visited a thread.

New forums look cluttered, unappealing, visually boring and hard to navigate. Also once you are on the forums its hard to navigate back to the main eve-online page categories, like API management, etc.

Suggestions/Feedback:

• Make the categories actually visually separated from each other, would make it much easier to navigate. Using the drop down menus to navigate is quite annoying.

• Make that Eve-Online logo in the top left corner actually take you back to the eve-online webpage. Or even better add the same link content to the 3 lines drop down menu in the top right corner next to your player icon.

• Make some visual changes as it looks like a wall of text and you have to read every line to get where you want to go. Also mark threads you were already in with some color code, the old white and greyed out worked perfectly.

• Make the new functionalities more transparent, it took me some time to realize that the circle icon was the one I was looking for; also allow users to hide more of the whole screen clutter, as it is now there is too much information that most dont care about, I dont wanna see the tags, I dont want to see all those player icons, what are they even? most active 5 users, or last recent 5 users?

• Add a better navigation system, its not user-friendly like this, f.ex general discussions, crime and punishment, etc the groups make no sense, the previous style was much better. You go in there (communications center group f.ex) and then the topics are listed from all sub-groups, is it chronological, is it last posted in or last thread? it makes no sense to me.

• Finally, bring back the corp and alliance names below the player icons, why did you take that out in the first place is beyond my understanding. Some ppl dont want to enter a discussion with a npc corp forum alt, who might even be trolling you.

I dont use the forums with 3rd party apps or professionally for that matter. I want to come here read up on whats going around eve-online, maybe join a discussion and then leave. So this is from a design and user accessibility perspective. Im aware the old forums were technically inferior, and partly broken, but from a design perspective it was much more comfortable and easier to use, so CCP’s efforts are appreciated but they should have kept what most ppl were accustomed to instead of throwing in something completely new which “Looks like shite”.

3 Likes

I think the design is bealtiful, i`m a newbie btw

I really like the new forums, very swish! :slight_smile: