Luminaire Snowball Fight VI (15-DEC-19, 2100, Luminaire)

news item says more snowballs starting tomorrow

" Chilling Spree

Back by popular demand but with a slight…holiday twist - you will once again be able to receive a great number of Skill Points (and mysterious travel rewards) for completing daily NPC and Capsuleer-hunting challenges in the festively-named Chilling Spree event. Be aware though, you’re going to need those snowballs from the 13 Days of EVE to complete the missions in Chilling Spree, so make sure you log in daily and stock up.

Melted snowballs

Do you have melted snowballs from past events? You’re in luck! Head over to the Yoiul Festival Snowball Exchange located in numerous places in Hi-Sec and use the Meltwater-Snowball Exchanger to trade in those melted snowballs in exchange for brand new ones to use in Chilling Spree!

"

5 Likes

I wonder if there will be a snowball exchanger in Luminaire. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I hope so! :fingerscrossed:

1 Like

Same here - damn things melted. Looks like a good time anyway!

1 Like

Hey guys! Sorry about the snowballs being melted. I’ve been in communication with @Commander_A9 and I’ll make sure he’s got enough snowballs for his event and the rest of you should use the Yoiul Festival Snowball Exchange structures located throughout hisec as others in this thread have mentioned.

Looking forward to see you there!

5 Likes

@CCP_Convict Can’t we get a mass conversion method to convert at least a hundred snowballs at once instead of ten? But even better would be like 500 or outright a thousand. I personally have over 70 K melted snowballs altogether and that means 7 K clicks to get them all converted with the current method.

1 Like

Oh…

2 Likes

will there be any suicide gank attempt? i hope so can test my drekavac… and of course will have bag of snowballs

1 Like

Ok, here’s what we’ll do to save you a bunch of clicks if you have a big stockpile of melted snowballs to exchange:

EDIT: New, more betterer plan - just contract me your snowballs in Luminaire VII (Caldari Prime) - Moon 6 - Federation Navy Assembly Plant for 0 ISK ahead of time if you want and I’ll contract back fresh snowballs. (Should have made this the plan from the beginning but I’m not very smart.)

Otherwise you can still do this rather than contract:

1. Bring your melted snowballs with you to Luminaire VII (Caldari Prime) - Moon 6 - Federation Navy Assembly Plant
  2. I’ll be hanging out in the station from around 19:00 EVE time on Sunday.
  3. Open a trade window with me and give me your stockpile of melted snowballs.
  4. I’ll use dev space magic to exchange them for fresh snowballs at a 10:1 ratio and trade them back to you

Sorry but I have to stick with the 10:1 ratio. Since the snowballs are part of the “economy” of the ongoing 13 Days of EVE event it might break things if I did 1:1 but you should still have plenty of snowballs for the fight.

If you have a smaller quantity of melted snowballs please use the Yoiul Festival Snowball Exchange structures to swap them for fresh ones. And of course make sure you log in every day to claim fresh snowballs in the meantime. :wink:

I hope this solution is acceptable for you guys! It’s a bit inelegant but with only 1.5 work days at CCP before the event we don’t have time to work out an in-house solution for you.

9 Likes

Sounds like we have a deal! :heart:

2 Likes

Wouldn’t ask for a better exchange rate than the rest of New Eden, just a quicker way to mass convert instead of one by one (ten each). Will try to show up at the designated time, probably will haul all my snowballs there that are nearby. Thanks for taking the time to do this!

3 Likes

10Melted+1click=1 Festival snouball… was it really so difficult to make an exchange of any quantity without clicks. I have 45,000 melted …

1 Like

See here: Luminaire Snowball Fight VI (15-DEC-19, 2100, Luminaire)

3 Likes

@CCP_Convict

Thank you for attempting to ameliorate this debacle, and i’m sure everyone understands the time limitations given the event is this weekend.

But, I stand by this (which was written before I read the updates in this thread):
December Release - General Feedback

It is the holidays, and it is a shame you must spend your time, whether on the clock or not, this way; but, thank you for doing so.

2 Likes

I don’t see a thread on the chilling spree and the available information is fairly vague. Wondering if I can just pelt anyone with a snowball. can u do it in hi-sec? will it incur a suspect or criminal timer?

2 Likes

I’m still a nub nub to this game. Don’t your lasers bring Concord after you if you hit someone? Also could recommend a good fitting for lighting up the sky?]

Thanks.

1 Like

I can’t say much about the Chilling Spree, but Festival Charges like Snowballs or Fireworks can be used against everyone without causing damage or going suspect/criminal.

2 Likes

I’ve had fun with fireworks they are harmless. Just don’t know how you can use lasers and warp disruptors in high sec.

1 Like

One trick that we do is what I like to call the “disco ball maneuver.”

1. Launch drones
  2. Have drones orbit you
  3. Target your own drones
  4. Use large lasers and shoot your own drones

You will likely miss because your lasers are too big and your targets are too close at point-blank range. Plus, you’re shooting your own assets, so CONCORD doesn’t get called on you.

Once you miss, your lasers become inert and harmless.

Therefore, you turn into a disco ball!

Profit!

3 Likes

Thank you really appreciate you.

1 Like