Lvl 4 & lvl 5 missions

Was that the same with your low sec Kestrel with a layered coating? Or the Dramiel with the multispec ECM and distortion amp? But also a Scorpion fit for dps and no ecm at all? Or the punisher with double reps but no cap? How about the PVE praxis with 2 plates and a t1 cloak?

You didn’t fit 6 BCS because “you didn’t have any other options”, don’t lie (to yourself). That is also why you’re not doing great with what you are doing rn. It’s completely ok to not know details on some dumb space game but at the very least put in the effort to improve, or just accept that it’s a you problem.

3 Likes

you didn’t live the life ■■■■■ in nill sec solo and don’t say you did because you would know how hard it is to rig/ and mod a ship out there. I am not a jammer or a big pvp player i like to shot npc’s and take it easy.
that Kestrel and raven was all i could get out there and i lost my Kestrel & got poded buy a top-of-the-line gate camp, hats of to them for shooting me down as i don’t get poped that much in nill sec. I played my hole game in nill space for it all. i had enough of nill space for now and don’t wont to play solo anymore so i am changing the way i play the game.

1 Like

Then Start cherrypicking and blitzing your Missions

1 Like

If you can get a fleet phoon and a domi BCS you can get a DC and some nanos or a second copro so you can use better rigs, you might not be able to get a guidance enhancer but that’s it. I don’t care your fit was stupid, as said it’s completely fine to not know details on some game, I DO care when you start making excuses as to WHY this is the case and especially if it’s the sole reason as to why you made this “this sucks, CCP give me moar” thread in the first place.

I mean, your “I didn’t know my Golem could use more then 2 drones” is just a level of wtf.

Had you made a thread going “this isn’t working for me, what should I do differently” you get reasonable responses but your thread read like a troll alt thread from someone with an IQ of 78 so I didn’t even bother at first. Then it turns out you’re not really a deliberate troll, you’re just clueless and have been all this time.

Don’t lie, man up and try to improve instead of whining about how CCP should give you more.

2 Likes

I told you I played the hole game solo in nill sec systems and never did i have a easy time modding or buying ships. I didn’t know much about the Golem because I never used one before i started doing missions . They say get a Golem so i got one but i always thought the Golem never used drones.

Ps… All i mostly could get at in nill-sec most times was the raven for a BS and not much of other ships.
i spent my hole game in a Raven mostly ratting in nill-sec. That domi BCS i got off a npc i shot down and that fleet ship happened to just be two jumps away to get as it was easy to get. Most times when i bot a Ship at a station i couldn’t buy mods for it their so i have to fly it back to my station to fit it and it could take 4 or 5 or more jumps to get back to home base. my rocket launchers my sheilds my BCS and other mods i used to fit my ship with i shot down from Npc’s as salvage to rig my BS’s. I never said i was the bad ass eve player on the block i said i couldnt make enough isk doing lvl4 missions.
That kest i got shot down and poded was when i was running to pickup a mod for my ship.

@OffBeaT I think you had better show us the fit that you are using for your Golem. I’m concerned that you might be missing some essentials.

you may want to look through The Agency for some content you haven’t tried, almost everything is more engaging than agent missions once you’ve seen all of the missions. (which you haven’t, if the burner missions are new to you.)

Fun:

• Pirate and empire epic arcs
  • npsi.rocks is a gateway to find public combat fleets and occasional newbie Incursion fleets
  • Homefront Operations are quick bite size gang content, not sure the best place to pub it as a solo, probably simply a public fleet finder advert

Money:

• If you continue missions do them for the owners of trade hub NPC stations to reduce fees with good standings
  • You can get millions to tens of millions isk per month from Research agents with appriopriate skills
  • You can get tens to hundreds of millions isk a month from lowsec PI
  • Exploration data and relic sites (beware) are high variance, I get 500k-4M per lowsec site, null and wh sites pay more
  • Gas sites are quite good isk too although it’s a pain to transport to sell. WH way more money than empire
  • FW missions are basically the same as highsec agent missions, scaled down a tier, so L4 are L3’s difficulty. they are in lowsec but they add FW LP rewards

Finally if you are dying to smartbombers in lowsec you might need gate tactical bookmarks. I never warp to a gate at 0 beyond dscan range in low with unknowns in local if I am in something fragile.

ok, ill do that i guess. i am setup for range fighting.

High slots: 4 t2 Cruise missile launchers/Tractor beam t2/Bastion module

Mid slots: X-large ancillary shield/X-large C5-L shield/Multispectrum shield t2/mwd/havey cap booster t2/large Micro jump drive/large shield Ext t2

low slots: 3 BCS t2/co-processor t2

rigs: Large warhead catalyst t1/ large processor overclocking unit t1

I didn’t use target painters on it because i wonted to fit the jump drive/mwd because the jump drive cant be warp jammed buy the npc rats and I cant easily afford to lose the Golem i would never make the isk back in lvl4 missions. I just set it up like my mission raven witch seem to do very well with L4 missions.
Any help would be great on my setup. I dont know if the target painters are worth a lesser tank or not being able jump out.

[Golem, Golem LVL 4 EHP]

Damage Control II
Ballistic Control System II

500MN Microwarpdrive II
Large Micro Jump Drive
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Multispectrum Shield Hardener II
Multispectrum Shield Hardener II
Missile Guidance Computer II, Missile Precision Script

Cruise Missile Launcher II, Scourge Precision Cruise Missile
Bastion Module I
Drone Link Augmentor II
Drone Link Augmentor II
Small Tractor Beam II

Large Core Defense Field Extender II
Large Core Defense Field Extender II

Acolyte II x5
Hornet II x5

• almost always use precision, you will do more dps
  • never sit at mission entrance, ALWAYS MJD away from that entry point
  • once in the second pocket you can relax that a bit
  • use implants, they don’t show up on a ship scan and keep your ship fitting cost low. Gankers also might not account for them if they calculate the dps needed.

Best option:

High-grade Nirvana Alpha
High-grade Nirvana Beta
High-grade Nirvana Gamma
High-grade Nirvana Delta
High-grade Nirvana Epsilon
High-grade Nirvana Omega
Zainou ‘Gnome’ Shield Management SM-705
Zainou ‘Deadeye’ Guided Missile Precision GP-805
Zainou ‘Gnome’ Shield Operation SP-905
Zainou ‘Deadeye’ Rapid Launch RL-1005

why the overclocking rig? why the co processor? did u have a cpu problem? what is in the last mid slot?

https://www.eveworkbench.com/fitting/search?q=golem&author=&period=every&price_min=0&price_max=150000000000

ill try your fit out and implants but I am not a Hardener fan on my setups most times but well I guess I should get into it.

i ran out of cpu with that setup. my last mid slot is a large shield extender

You have so much EHP, and thus regen it really doesn’t matter, you’re not going to be in trouble in any mission. For a ship like this used for lvl 4 your biggest issue is gankers, the more EHP you have (while not really presenting too much of a damage type gap) while keeping your cost low the better it is. This is why investing in implants instead of fancy modules means there’s less drop value.

then you miss really some important skills

You’re losing part of the capabilities of Golem, the ship have an active shield booster bonus and target painter bonus, is better to use modules that can take advantage of it :wink:

Go with at least a target painter and with Fury Missiles, and a shield booster and pulse it. Golem have a crazy range, you can snipe all the missions really easy, almost no tank needed.

Painters suck to use especially at range and even more so if you have more than weapon group where you’d need a painter for each group. A painter needs to be on each and every target at time of impact and that’s going to be annoying because at the very least it doubles your clicking. And if you’re at range and you know exactly the number of volleys some target is going to take so you start shooting another target while missiles are still in the air, then a painter is hell.

Using a shield booster means not using EHP meaning you’re far more of a gank target. This fit has SO much EHP and regen you don’t NEED a shield booster. So why make yourself an easier target with potentially more bling modules.

really you think i didn’t skill right. Ill look into it and check all my cpu enhancing skills.

That Golem fit is no problem for gankers, this Rattlesnake kill bellow have more EHP:

You dont avoid ganking by using extenders, you avoid ganking by collecting the right information, like watching local spikes or dscan for combat scanner probs, or a scout in the other side of the gate when you are returning from a mission.

Stop… It’s painful to read. That Rattle got ganked with blasters and it has 163k EHP vs void, the golem has 247K without implants and 361K WITH implants. It’s not even slightly the same.

Beyond that being ganked isn’t about it being impossible, it’s about it being improbable due to high EHP, low module value (so no profit) and actively paying attention. Meaning they will most likely go for other targets. Going “well this can get ganked so EHP doesn’t matter at all meaning you should use a shield booster for no real reason” is… yeah.

Literally no one is going to gank that Golem if every other golem in that system is shield booster fit with a few pith-c modules, or better.

1 Like

Much talk here, but few noticed key point, which is: INSUFFICIENT DATA TO DRAW CONCLUSIONS. Also, OP is clearly trolling, but we all get it, right?

OP, please, define: “much isk in L4 missions”. How much do you make? Why am I asking this? Because lazy L4s (without burners) is ~60M/h for me. If not lazy then 100M, if full attention then 200M+. I do most missions in ham loki (for some mjd rhml is way better, for others you may want cruise missiles), and I pull them from 0.5 systems.

Also share your standard fit with which you run L4 missions. And preferably also corp for which you do (LP stores aren’t equal).

As for running missions in low sec… you do it the same way exploration is done. Do you really not know the solution to your problem? It is staring right there, in front of you. It is called “having a battleship at every station”.

One more thing, you don’t need a battleship to run L4 missions. Covop T3C, like Loki or Tengu, does them just fine.

From the looks of it you are trolling. You should be asking how to do them better instead of complaining about L5 missions not being in hisec.

1 Like