Does anyone actually do LVL 5s anymore?

So I have been re-exploring high sec missions as I never got the standings back in the day to myself run lvl 4s. I only ever did them with other people all though I recently discovered I do somehow have standings for lvl 4 gallente fed navy. I am actually doing lvl 3s now for the minmattar mining corp, but I was wondering once I get my standings high enough to run lvl 5s how would I do them? I see they are only in lowsec so are there mission running corps that do them or are there lowsec groups that do them? or is this just a form of content that has fallen to the wayside that nobody does anymore?

If I remember correctly, these were only available in low sec and the payout wasnā€™t great (especially for more risk). So I suspect there will already be people doing Lvl 5, but significantly less than Lvl 4 missionsā€¦

1 Like

For max income from blitzing? Have carrier in each system agent can send you. And be ready to deal with thousands if not millions of LP to slowly turn into isk

1 Like

first of all, check the Agency for L5 mission agents and you will see them in low sec. Then check on the internet the missions there are and you will see they require a fleet with logi.

So you need a fleet, my suggestion is going to live in low sec, make friends there and run together.
Or if you are a tryhard you can solo them by multiboxing and the locals will probably notice you.

Good luck

1 Like

i used to run them when they accidentally landed in High Sec from a nearby low sec agent. havent done them in years. good luck

Can they still land in high sec? i remember that many years ago.
Would be fair as lvl 4 in high sec send often to low sec.

Yes, there are people that run them, but setting up L5 running takes a lot of effort:

• you need pullers
  • you need to place a cruise missile BS/carrier in every system in the agentā€™s constellation
  • thereā€™s only 3 (2, really) good spots to run L5s anyway
  • L5s are slow money-makers as even a single runner can easily outpace global demand
3 Likes

2xgolem Cruise MJD. GL

1 Like

I seriously would like to know how is possible for anybody to own a carrier in Eve, let alone docking it, and flying itā€¦ one per System?? Which kind of Alliance has that??

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Capital_ships

Wild guess. But most sov alliances and even low sec alliances have thousands of capitals around. Unless you are simply trolling. I suggest you start googling. Since you have a lot of knowledge to catch up.

2 Likes

Yah captials are pretty abundant I remember before Indy changes capitals were literally cheaper then marauders. Iā€™d have to check again. Yah people churn out fleets of them. Groups have indy guys only dedicated to building new hulls. The amount of excess and stockpiling is pretty staggering, and I got to know some multiboxer builders.

I love hording in EVE makes me feel like I am accomplished.

1 Like

Come to horde carriers are thrown away lol.
You will replace a carrier every week if needed

1 Like

They were never worth the time and energy. Plus getting ganked in a PVE ship was never a smartest idea CCP had. The whole thing was a waste of dev time and energy because it was trying to force lowsec PVP on people.

L5s were a total failure.

3 Likes

As the people who ā€˜Force pvpā€™ and live in low.

Yeah we like L5s, easy isk for more ā€˜forced Pvpā€™

fixed that for you.

1 Like

Sov Low?

Yes.

The area(s) of lowsec that are owned by the nullsec group next door as they are within jump range of a primary staging system and only exist when the nullsec overlords allow them to live there (i.e. renters).

Oh hell no, Placid is ours :wink:

1 Like

I did only one L5 ever, it had 804 mil in loot, the loot fairy gave all possible modules. We ran the site with 2 battleships.

Then I told a corpie about this and he said something like : ā€œI ran a hundred of those and never made over 300 milā€ somethng like that.

So I decided I was blessed in that one time and never tried again! :rofl:
Spent all my luck savings in my first attempt, why try again?

Ferengi Rules of Acquisition
#247. Never question luck

2 Likes

Can you name a lowsec system that is being rented? Iā€™d like to go check it out.