Mac Crashes- Literally unplayable

It gets pretty annoying when I whelp ships to war decs because of crashes. Seriously that patch, what a month ago? I can’t even play the game anymore for fear of crashing. Undock Jita? Crash. Undock Jita and for some reason don’t crash on undock, crash LITERALLY as soon as I hit warp.

My iMac can handle multiple clients, with sound, on max graphics, 2 monitors just fine. Close all but 1 client, potato mode it, and boom it crashes. It happens more frequently in Jita. But I bet it happens once an hour.

Even if I put in a ticket for reimbursement, I don’t get stuff that dropped back.

1 Like

Did you see my post about how I fixed this issue for me?

Try changing to a different version of wine and see if that helps.

• Start the launcher.
  • Click on EVE Online in the apple menu at the top of the screen and select Preferences.
  • Under wine options make sure “User Dev Version” is not ticked
  • Dev Branch should be ccp-master
  • Wine version should already be set to the the latest, change to wine-1.9.17-143-g91037ca-ccp-72

Then try running the game again and see if the issue persists.

GM Mechanic:

I have been suffering the same issues on crashing when jumping/docking/undocking etc. I have been attempting to revert from the 2.6-2.9 CCP branch (was using the latest version on the CCP dev side as well as the non-dev side.

I am getting 771 of 1026 files downloaded and then it seems to stop working. I’ve attempted this twice now. Will continue you see what i can do.

edit: went back to the dev latest build, played a little bit tell i crashed again - GM Mechanic, I’ve attempted to send you an in-game mail with a link for the drive.google i share with CCP snorlax for log-lite files.

edit 2: okay, was finally able to revert to a pre 2.* wine version and the crashes stopped. I was able to dock, warp, jump, cloak, masterb… ah run a 8/10 without crashes.

edit 3: I am now into day 2 of not having any crashes after reverting to the 1.9.17 bench of wine.
Just having none honorable parties kill my ice cans. (weep)

Thank you for the update, I’ve been getting similar reports from others that were encountering these crashes crashes.

Would it be possible to get an update on the status of the mac update! There hasn’t been much if anything in the patch notes of late.

1 Like

Hello, i have the same issues with the client. Docking a station is 100% crash, jumping a gate 75%. I read that a player revert to an older wine client. I want to give that a try, but how?
Also i filed a bugreport with attachment of the clientreports when it crashes in both situations. and filed a personal ticket.

Regards,
Mano

UPDATE: i deselected an option in the prefereces of the client, by deselecting ’ use dev versions ’ its stable for now.

Has there been any follow-up with the random session change crashes on the Mac. It usually happens in the transition to warp drive just after a gate jump. Has happened pretty at least once per two hour game session.

Thanks,
Cass