Hello Everyone,
Old time player but new character… I recently seen the notes about the war mechanics being switched up and also new changes coming in 2019 so this quickly got my attention. I do agree with the changes that there must be some kind of common goal when declaring war… even in real life when a country declares war on another there’s always some sort of objective…
Take Vietnam or WW2 when Japan bombed Pearl Harbor and wanted to press inwards to US land etc… The goals are to over take and capture not just kill kill kill which sadly the latter of those is what War Decs have become.
War’s should not be about JUST killing / griefing newbs and they CERTINTLY shouldn’t be about camping trade hubs and flying up n down the major pipes looking for haulers n such…
Where are the days when you could use locator agents and add people to watch list n such and actually hunt or track down your targets?
Back when I’d do wars I actually utilized public resources available to me… I’d use EVEWho or EVE-Kill and Battleclinic to find corporations that I would war dec and look up their members, look at the systems they frequented and what ships they flew and kept track of time zones when they seemed most active, made spreed sheets for all of this and the performances showed…
Most of the corps I ran were small… maybe 6-10 people at most all of us good friends n such but we held our own. I remember we had a corp called Salvation Army. we wardeced a lot of Faction Warfare for the longest time using opposing faction space as staging where they could not follow and using our locators and intel we gathered to get the drop on bigger fleets knowing they had logi etc…
zKill is a bit behind if I remember Squizz said the database crashed awhile back and kills were lost etc… but https://zkillboard.com/corporation/566828268/ was the corp and we had 90% efficiency for the longest time.
https://zkillboard.com/corporation/98110145/ another corp with a lot of good kills and wars vs other corps that weren’t just miners 93%+ efficiency
these are the days I remember tho… we had to actually go fight people and use locators to find them and track em down etc… It was fun because we didn’t just camp a station or trade hub or trade line/pipe like Marmite and other big war corps do/did… I don’t wanna say the entirety of Marmite or other corps/alliances did this but there’s a good chunk of people who just camp trade hubs, friend of mine was recently in Marmite and said they had small gangs that’d roam but even he said it was nothing like when we had Salvation Army. or Kamikaze Tactics going.
Just my 2 cents what ever CCP does I hope they get rid of the dull/stale feeling of camping trade hubs n such… bring back watchlists n such… bring back being able to look at peoples standings or maybe pay locators to be able to view the players standings for x amount of time like 10 mins idk and then go off that information of where they could be IE: look at their highest corp standings and then look at where all the agents are for that corp and visit those areas maybe you run into them idk…
just please give us something to do other than camping gates/stations waiting for a fight because that ■■■■ drove me away from the game… I wanna do something with my game time not just sit there staring at the screen… also I don’t wanna station grind either… if I wanted to kill citadels I’d go join a null sec alliance.
STOP forcing it down our throats CCP.
Note: Yes I know earlier I said there needs to be a goal or some kind of objective but it doesn’t / shouldn’t have to result in killing a citadel…
Make some kind of random varibles to choose from like make x amount of X or get x amount of ship kills but = to x amount of ISK idk… and then base it off how many people are in the corp n such… give us options so it’s not boring… hell for like contracts maybe a corp is hiring another corp to kill someone who is in corp X so only that 1 character is a war target the rest of that corp is safe BUT the rest of the corp doesn’t know who the target is either???
tons of things to do with this just please make it good CCP don’t screw this up…