Main War declaration thread

EVE is a full-time PvP sandbox. The fact that you paid money for a subscription doesn’t magically change the nature of the game. EVE is not the game you’re looking for. The sooner you accept that and move on, the sooner you can play a game that’s more up your alley.

Selfish people trying to change an existing game into what THEY want.

Trying to take a sandbox MMO and appealing to ADHD WoW kiddies always fails spectacularly ( see: UO, SWG), but I’m afraid the carebear trolls are correct. CCP is under new management and suddenly war decs have to be nerfed, err, fixed? Not a coincidence.

If this goes through as currently announced, this game has officially begun a irrecoverable death spiral. It’s absurd any corp can gain war dec immunity simply by transferring structures to a shell corp. Is it really the intent of this change to allow a 1000 person corp to be immune to war decs? They really need to put a cap on corp/alliance size to be immune to war decs without a structure.

Here’s how this will play out if this goes live:

-Any corp paying attention (if they haven’t already) will transfer structures to shell corps.
-Once this is live, the mass war dec alliances will still spam war decs, but since there are fewer legal war dec targets, the remaining corps with structures in their main corp will see a massive increase in war decs, and also transfer them to holding corps.
-There will be a very slight increase in HS structure bashing, but not much because it’s boring AF.
-Carebears in large corps will accept losing an occasional structure to mercs as a small inconvenience, while small corps will cry about how unfair it is. War decs will be nerfed again, or structures buffed.
-Since war dec corps will have no targets, they will resort suicide ganking.
-Carebears will cry like never before. Suicide ganking will be heavily nerfed, if not outright made impossible.
-HS PVPers will leave the game. Carebears will soon follow, as they won’t be able to afford to PLEX their accounts, due to prices tanking.
-Game will die. The end.

The “new” management has purchased TWO sandbox games.

Because:

1. They got roflstompped in some game and are extremely butt hurt. They spent hundreds of millions to get revenge by nerfing PvP.
  2. They bought two because they like the game type and think they can make a go of it.

What is happening here is the management is distracted and the developers are making hacks. Look at the ECM change, a hack. Look at the docking change, a total hack. Now this change which is also a total hack and will only result in all structures being owned by 1 man corps.

They are just hacking up the game with a Fk it attitude.

And?

If i spend lots of money on wow, doesn’t mean it should change to a fulltime pvp sandbox.

You paid for the game as it is. And you can share ideas, but your ideas are not simply weighed by money spent.

1 Like

This has been the case since 2012.

All of the presure for dec changes came from players and csm. It was highest (i think) on csm’s ‘want to do’ list long before PA bought ccp.

You can not compare those two. WOW has positive financial balance, Eve don’t !! :blush:

Yes, they’ve been talking about it for years, but suddenly it’s a priority? TBH I don’t see how this doesn’t totally kill war decs.

You mean besides the 425 million they just got for EVE?

1 Like

Here, I found the EVE Online server list for you:

• Tranquility (PvP)
  • Serenity (PvP)

Does not look like there is a PvE server, sorry.

I have seen CCP Guard tell it directly to your face in the PA thread that EVE is in a financially good position. So why the need to lie?

3 Likes

Link?

It became a priority when the csm put it to the top of the list. I imagine thats when ccp started looking at data.

Do you think ccp just pulled the numbers out of their arse after the sale of ccp?

Come on. You can’t be that daft.

INVESTORS got 225 M$, and will got another 200 M$ if CCP meets some bussines goals.

CCP got new owner and will soon also get a new managment.

bye byeeeeeeeeee easy living on Island. :blush:

PA paid extra because the balance sheet was a disaster right?

*facepalm*

1 Like

Wrong tense !

PA did not paid, it WILL pay if …

( and now all this happening )

Only more reason to believe they don’t will try any stunts to kill their current customer base of their only profitable game. Keep on dreaming little carebear. But EVE isn’t turning into what you wish it to be. :smile:

Hint: it already did but the Big Players keeps the old image and illusion until they get out of their money and after that, they will not care for you … :blush:

Sure? Are you playing yet? Last time I checked I could still butcher carebears

Enjoy till it lasts :blush:

And you wait and continue crying while we have fun playing :rofl: gold.

1 Like