Marauders missions and you

Trying to figure the best combo for Level 4 missions and marauders i’m using in amarr space…
Disclaimer: these are pure personal speculations based on facts as for now
In general: you’ll love: Paladin for tank; Golem for range; Vargur for insane application;
So far:
Mining misappropriation: Paladin -> Vargur ->Golem
Worlds collide: (BR side) Paladin ->Golem ->Vargur
Vengeance: Vargur ->Paladin ->Golem
Damsel in distress: Vargur ->Golem->Paladin
Dread pirate scarlet: RHM Barghest :joy:
Work in progress, any help will be appreciated

tbh the only marauder i use is the kronos on any serp/guristas missions (with or without bastion mode) and then use a pulse and tach NM for all sansha/blood missions and then an autocannon mach for everything else like rouge drones or zor/merc missions (i skip missions vs other empires) in amarr space and this works very very well

dont forget the price of marauders has jumped by 700m after moon mining changes (i got the kronos over a year ago)

if i had the 3 gun marauders i would do basicly the same (swapping NM for a always pulse paladin and mach for vargur) to hell with any missile/drone boats they are very suboptimal for missions

indeed, snakes put an enormous dps on field, but they’re slow fat whales and drones are often aggroed

I really like the Golem as a “get drunk and completely ignore the mission” boat but I think it’s one of the slower missioning ships and if you’re trying to maximize isk/hr you’re doing yourself a disservice using it. That said, I use it all the time because I rarely mission and pay attention.

Damsel in distress: Vargur ->Golem->Paladin

You can use here (polarized) Paladin, they are thermal-weak

Dread pirate scarlet: RHM Barghest

1400mm arty Vargur, or Mach. Same ships goes for The Assault.

I used a paladin for years burning through lvl 4s like a hot knife through butter. I’d simply fit hardeners for the rats and rip through their hulls with mega pulse lasers. Packing a mobile Depot to change out hardeners and prop mods helps get to the gates faster.

1 Like

Marauders are overkill for lvl 4 missions. But the Vargur and Golem can swap out damage output types so those would be my first choice for lvl 4 missions.

I’ve Always considered Kronos a little bit under par, too many clicks, any fitting around to make me change my mind? :smiley:

Kronos isn’t very good in Amarr space and it does always require some - comparably - extensive clicking if you want to use it to its full potential IMO. Check my posting history for a fitting.

In her Glorious Imperial Majesty’s space, there are only noble pilots of glorious Paladins flying gloriously, and heretics and potential xenos agents polluting with other vile craft. /rp

1 Like

the assault, kronos MJD into the last group and blast away with 1600 void DPS. mission done in ~5mins. full clears probably golem, stupid long range guristas.
Pirate Invasion: see the assault, or if doing full clear paladin
Damsel, probably also kronos, pretty much everything rushes into blaster range.
Gone berserk: paladin, pretty much everything spawns in MF tach range, I don’t know that I ever compared times on that mission though
anything drones: paladin

Can swap a mid for a cap booster depending on what mission you are on. and probably worth dropping a mag stab or two to t2, then maybe upgrading the MWD, faction saves a lot of cap.

[Kronos, Blast it]
Core B-Type Large Armor Repairer
Reactive Armor Hardener
Imperial Navy Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
Federation Navy Magnetic Field Stabilizer

500MN Cold-Gas Enduring Microwarpdrive
Large Micro Jump Drive
Tracking Computer II, Optimal Range Script
Tracking Computer II, Optimal Range Script

Neutron Blaster Cannon II, Void L
Small Tractor Beam II
Small Tractor Beam II
Salvager II
Bastion Module I

Large Hybrid Burst Aerator II
Large Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II

Hobgoblin II x5
’Augmented’ Ogre x2
Garde II x2

1 Like

OP, might be of interest to you:

cool, ty

This is certainly not a video about how you get good dps out of your Kronos or Paladin :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I’ve used all four marauders, and while its a pain they’re all capable of breezing through any L4 mission, even if the NPC’s are resistant to your damages.

The Golem and Vargur are both phenomenal choices, the Golem especially has ludicrous range for the damage it can deal and the Vargur clears rooms fast once its in range. The Kronos suffers for range unless you use rails, I like to use blasters with Null and Navy Antimatter. Void is too rough trying to hit small stuff that gets close. The Paladin has unreal damage application, Tachyon Beams and a good mix of crystals melts NPC’s from just about anywhere you land.

You honestly can’t go wrong with any of the choices, and if you’re looking for selectable damage it comes down to having crazy range and slightly slower room clears with the Golem, or still having pretty great range and the crazy DPS of the Vargur.
(All these Kronos fans make me happy, its the one I run the most too)

1 Like

So i’ll have to give the Kronos a try it seems

How better to provide an opportunity for you to teach a master class on the subject? I am eagerly listening!

1 Like
  1. Use the right Marauder vs the given type of NPCs.
  2. Don’t overtank - don’t use too many slots for hardeners.
  3. Look for a way to apply maximum damage at maximum possible range - fit at least 2 TCs.

p.s.: Kronos with rails does less damage than a blaster fit one at ranges below 45 km - that’s where the most NPCs will be(assuming you paid attention to point 1).

Right now im sitting in a rattlesnake going through L4s, while I have cruise missiles V, Im going to make the switch to a Vargur over a golem as I’m already training my BS skill to V.

I’ll have to train gunnery for a bit

I have two remaps to be used, my perception is 28 and same for my intelligence.

Should I remap to save a few days?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.