ESI URL change, plus a potentially costly SDE error

So I woke up this morning to find two issues related to ESI.

Bad URL
#1, my market data app no longer worked.

Turns out the problem was the base URL change that was implemented in March, and mentioned in a forum post I missed:

I didn’t notice because, per that post, the old URL was redirecting to the new one.

Apparently as of today, it doesn’t do that. But there was no announcement that the old URL would stop working. So i’m guessing a bunch of apps stopped working today.

SDE error
Unrelatedly, I also found an error in the SDE that could be costly to a lot of players.

In game, 100 units of the new Heimal Tricarboxyl Condensate can be reprocessed into TWO units of Chromodynamic Tricarboxyls.

But in the SDE, it’s listed as reprocessing into THREE units. So if players rely on the SDE data, there’s going to be a lot of ore processors losing a lot of money.

2 Likes

I didn’t notice because, per that post, the old URL was redirecting to the new one.

Litterally that. Totally not noticed/forgot about that thing. Another tweet about it or something would have been nice.

o7

Are you taking the refining percentage into account?

Short answer: yes. Two vs. three is the base repro number, the number that the refining percentage is applied to.

(Technically speaking, it’s the value in the “quantity” column in the invTypeMaterials table in the SDE, in the row for Hiemal Condensate. That number should match the “reprocessed materials” number in the Industry tab. It didn’t.).

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.