Market Bots - The market is saturated and something needs to be done asap- Read!

It’s not about making less or more profit, it’s about how some players obviously breach the EULA by using bots. Input automation is already a bannable offense, let alone the suspicious RMT as shown in their contract history.

Let’s just be honest: you see a capsuleer with suspicious behavior (updating orders every 5-10 minutes) and check their contract history with 100b++ of loss, what would you suspect? If he’s a really good trader, no way he would fall again and again to scam contracts.

I’m not talking about Rita of course, I’m talking about those players with really weird contract history. I, too, wrote a tool to check if my bids has been outbid via the API and I could easily press a button and paste the lower/higher price to outbid other bids. But then again, it’s not input automation, it means I have to open the market window and update the price manually.

To be honest i dont care about bots as a jita station trader because i would be outbidded by humans too every 1-2 minutes or seconds. Plus if they choose to bot, its their business, not mine.

So I noticed that Rita Jita is no longer listed on EVE-Mogul.

Have they finally been banned for botting, or did they just close down their EVE-Mogul account as they were bored of being top all the time?

:thinking::thinking::thinking:

1 Like

Looks like Rita was active today after a several month break.

1 Like

Several month break but makes 16-29 bill a day according to eve mogul? Id like to have that skill.

Just an observation, I started to “win” buy orders recently even over night which lingered there for months, so it looks like some bots got axed.

More likely their operator has pulled them from the items and assigned them to more profitable items.

12 months ago I started to highlight to CCP the growing number of bots within the market place. I named the items they were operating on and how to easily spot them. Despite 12 months of tickets and raging on the forums they are still prevalent on the items I first highlighted, have been 24/7 for the last 12 months, as bold as day that even a blind man with an IQ of 40 could figure out

The rage against bots has diminished. CCP come in one weekend and ban a 1,000 and posted that they are looking at it and everyone goes, ok, that’s good, lets now moan about something else, despite the reality being the market place is full of them and their are more now than ever before.

I cancelled m y subscriptions months back because of this.

I log in once in a while in alpha state and check the market hoping by some miracle its been sorted, but it hasn’t. Complete waste of time trading at the moment, unless you happened to be a bot that is

Beep boop beep

I returned to the game after a 8? 10? year absence… so long I do not even know the email or name or anything about my old characters. Bots were playing the game everywhere back then and spamming the sales of isk in every chat and with mass emails 23-7. So I come back and I wonder about bots. I type in market bot eve online in google. (its what lead me here). Approximately HALF of the links that show up are sites selling market bots or linking ways to get and use them. Other searches reveal the extent of massive bot exploitation in other areas of the game as well. To be honest I wish I DID NOT KNOW about it. I enjoyed eve so much more before I found out. Bots are by FAR the biggest problem with what is otherwise the best game ever.

I am truly shocked that Approximately HALF of the search results that came up after searching ‘market bot eve online’ were related to Market bots for Eve Online.
This is getting out of control.

4 Likes

@TK421_Kelly I did find it funny you start with not having played in 8-10 years and end with eve being the best game ever.

On a side note, if googling eve bots ruined you, don’t ever try to webmd yourself or look up something like cancer. Guaranteed to convince yourself you’re dying 8 different way. That will really ruin your day.

There’s actually an old thread that has some outstanding tips for not only dealing with market bots but ways to effectively take advantage of them and make money off them.

https://forums-archive.eveonline.com/topic/260476/

This was published a few months ago but, like the OP, it’s still very relevant: https://www.pcgamer.com/bots-are-threatening-eve-onlines-economy-and-players-are-fed-up/

Count me in as one of those fed up with all the botting, trading, mining, farming, etc.

I haven’t subbed for more than a month or two or used a plex in at least 5 years. I keep periodically coming back to see if things have changed and they have not. Between bots and the high sec alliances with 100+ wardec’s, there’s no point in playing any more.

Hi guys,

Did someone know this?
I bought a single I tem on the market last night. The item was at 400k ISK. the other sell-orders are up to 500k. The 400k item has an amount of 1, but when I bought it there was instantly a new item with same amount and price from the same seller in the market.
Is this a bot maybe or did I don’t understand a possible marketmechanik?

1 Like

There are some possible explanations. Firstly, market bots have never, that I know of, been accused of “hacking” the market, in the sense of having orders there that are in some way invisible.

There are several more prosaic possible answers :slight_smile:

Firstly, you may not have sell orders sorted correctly. If you go to look at an item you should click the top of the price column so that lowest price is listed at the top. The eve market is based on a bid/ask system so you always buy from the lowest price sell regardless of what price you pay. This is not necessarily intuitive to everyone.

Secondly, it happens on rare occasions that there are “phantom” orders on the market. These are buys or sells that have just expired and are waiting for database cleanup which occurs at downtime and corrects this issue.

There may be some other explanation.

What you should do anyway is open Wallet, go to Transactions, right click the line for the item you bought and select Client/Seller from the dropdown and show info. Make a note of the name, and if you are savvy about the ways of eve and the markets, do some digging through their contract history, look them up on evewho, google them, forum search etc, which may lead to some further information.

Estoy totalmente de acuerdo en que CCP le a restado tiempo y trabajo al gran problema que son los bota en el eve.
Supuestamente con las estadísticas que tienen en el juego deberías crear un sistema antibot, o , crear un sistema que registre este tipo de llamados comportamientos humanos, como el Google con el tema de autenticación en las cuentas.

You want the truth? you can’t handle the truth. No srsly the truth is that CCP are the ones controlling the bots mainly. some are players.

1 Like

[citation needed]

Build the wall.

1 Like

botfail

Did some testing tonight trying to find how to play the bots, had some success. More to come :slight_smile:

That 72mil is a buy order from what I believe to be a bot, est price for that module is 40mil