Market Bots - The market is saturated and something needs to be done asap- Read!

Haven’t you seen the orders with an expiry of 365days??
All these orders are the same price, spread out through NPC stations.

Surely the work of bots, and the only people who could get order expiries that long is CCP.

Therefore, logically, CCP controls the bots.

That makes about as much sense as saying “water is wet, therefore Meteorologists make plants grow.”

Thats about as logical as saying all the isk you borrowed was scammed from you.

What is the best way to profit off of market bots?

Buy low, sell high.

Probably by using them, but I wouldn’t recommend that :smiley:

1 Like

No silly, I mean how can I manipulate the bot orders to profit off of the bot stupidity?

Would probably have a negative effect on my own income if I were to spread it around. I can’t stop you from working it out for yourself, or I can sell it to you? :wink:

If you want some more orders to play with, the following items are saturated with bot buy and sell orders. 99% of the time they are listed with <3 days, occasionally <90 days

Amarr Control Tower
Amarr Control Tower Medium
Amarr Control Tower Small
Caldari Control Tower
Caldari Control Tower Small
Gallente Control Tower
Gallente Control Tower Medium
Gallente Control Tower Small
Minmatar Control Tower Small

Many other POS modules have bot buy orders up on them, but these have by far the most. 2 dozen plus on each

Incidentally, its been 12 months plus that I’ve been reporting to CCP the bot buy orders on these items, and 12 months later they are still there as bold as day, zero action from CCP. If you don’t believe me they are bot orders, then just put your own buy order up on any of the items and within 5 minutes their buy orders will start to better yours.

1 Like

Can anyone confirm if the bots are gone? Seems like they aren’t that active anymore… I mainly trade capital modules and/or structures though, I haven’t really checked other commodities yet. But from what I discovered is that I don’t see many typical bot orders set @ 3d duration.

Their devs have probably changed it from 3 days as that seems to be how everyone is spotting them.

They can read these threads too :slightly_smiling_face:

Yeah still there. Ran into a couple last night all with the last name Lau:

https://imgur.com/Ufq0JS6

Not saying it doesn’t still happen, but the post volume has dropped in here… CCP has made good strides. I’ve noticed a drop off in “mysteriously fast competition” in my trading, away from market hubs.

Noizy was saying that a few bot users were complaining about the API switch over messing up their bot programs. https://twitter.com/noizygamer/status/994377617980653568

or is that someone using multibuy on several characters to load their haulers? I’ve seen a bunch of people buy a few small stacks at a time, that looks like they were just using multibuy to buy enough to build an item.

Good point, could very well be that. my mistake.

@Mathra Apologies if this has already been clarified through the 175 comments and this is probably a noob request, but would you care to explain how you go about to see the character information of sellers as you describe for the lookup of bot accounts?

That makes sense. The old APIs are dead so every 3rd party programs are forced to use ESI… Though I really did not expect that those bots utilize ESI, I thought they are using some sort of image recognition that reads the data directly from the display.

I hope they won’t come back ever again :smiley:

Same here, a lot less bot-like competition on the stuff I’m trading.

My orders have had much more success while I’ve been afk

I’m afraid I do it the old fashioned way, either buy or sell to them and then check my transaction log, not sure if there is a less expensive way of doing it.

I’m seeing a reduction of bots for the first time in 18 months, but it is just a reduction, not an eradication of them from the market. Will be interesting to see how things are in a couple of weeks time

1 Like