I would like my broker to earn his broker fee.
Advanced buy orders would require 2 extra pieces of information
Top price and Time to acquire ( 1 hour <> 90 days )
The broker will adjust my price upwards over the time specified in order to try to fill the order.
Advanced buy order ( Broker instructions )
Item : Trit
Amount : 10,000,000
Start Bid : 2 isk
End Bid : 5 isk
Time to complete : 3 days
This would create a normal buy order of ( Buy Trit / 2 isk / 10,000,000 units ) visible on the market.
Every so often a broker ( thread on the server ) would get round to checking the progress of my order.
If an insufficient amount has been brought then the market order would be altered upwards.
- There is no guarantee order will be completed ( you still need sensible prices )
- There might be an option to leave order up after escalation period
- Orders can be cancelled as per standard orders
- Orders might or might not be adjustable manually depending on how difficult this would be
- Orders would appear to other players just like any other order on the market
- Advanced Sell orders with minimum price also possible
- Full broker fee payable on manual price edit - totally destroying market bot viability - * optional
Enables all players ( end users , industrialist and speculators ) to get the things they need without
having to pay gouge prices or babysit orders for days on end.
Reduces the 0.01 game ( 90% of players use it , 99.9% of players hate it ).
Market speculation becomes a matter of making judgement calls about the future direction of prices rather than a test of dumb endurance or willingness to resort to bots.
reducing the amount of cash available to RMT raised through market bots by more rapidly closing the gap between buy and sell prices
More time to pew pew while dabbling in markets, doing industry or just getting better deals.
Would reduce the amount of CPU required to constantly serve market pages to market bots or users having to manually babysit there orders
- Would require server CPU resources to implement