Market Bots - The market is saturated and something needs to be done asap- Read!

Not sure if this is caused by mass banning, or simply because of the technical problems that the bot users are having due to recent API change. We’ll see in the next few weeks.

But yes, I also feel that there aren’t that many market bots operating in Jita 4-4 now.

That’s 'cos you suck then.

Keep up the good fight. Great info.

Getting rid of bots will keep this game from going under by keeping mostly human players in the game rather than a few people and an untold number of programs playing.

Now if only I could hack like they do in the movies…

5 Likes

This is a good news !!!

NO

This is a GREAT news :heart_eyes:

The market has gone into a huge state of fluctuation, mostly concerning high margin items identified by the OP, ever since the last ban wave. Keep it up CCP, please give us an in-game report option besides “Report ISK Spammer” since most of the people running these bot accounts don’t consider what they’re doing to be against the current spam rules.

1 Like

Open the show info window on them. Click the hamburger at the top, on the bottom of the menu is Report Bot.

2 Likes

Bots are the plague of every multiplayer game. Even Blizzard can’t win the war against them. The human nature of laziness and/or making profit out of it always wins vs throwing bans and going public about it.

It’s only going to get worse in time.

Look on the bright side, at least we (the players) can do something about the ratting bots, where other games do not have that privilege.

If u want to trade in the major hubs u need a bot, otherwise its pointless. Look for smaller markets if u wanna do casual trading

Well I say this is not even remotely true. I sell a few items that I make in amarr and without going into what they are (consumable items) I make a pretty good chunk of isk passively off of it. I do get some competition, but I stick to my orders like glue and check them constantly. Also you can remote desktop and update orders while away so things you think are bots usually aren’t.

Are they transporting market bots in their ibis to Yulai yet? I need to go 0.01 isk them with my civilian guns.

1 Like

I reported quite a lot of suspected market bot characters during the weekend. I just checked now and most of those characters are deleted already.

Thank you CCP o7

To anyone who’d want to know more about the bot behaviors, here are some of their behaviors that I have noticed so far:

• 3 days buy orders duration
  • 0.01 ISK game
  • Usually placed order in high-margin profitable items. Sometimes they even placed the buy orders w/ much higher price than the production cost of the items (great for manufacturers who’d wish to sell the items immediately)
  • Female characters
  • Initial corp: most of them -> Science and Trade Institute, but older bots seem to be quite random.
  • The character name is similar, most likely using some sort of name generators
  • Always docked in Jita, even 10 minutes after downtime. Most of them login almost at the same time.
  • Some of them has suspicious contract history. They trade “scam” contracts to each other, possibly as a part of money laundering. If you trace the contracts, you’d eventually end up finding the “real”, legit players that are most likely their RL customers (that is, the people who most likely use their RMT service)

If anyone is still trading high-margin profitable items, I’m sure you’d notice them rightaway. Of course, not all of them are bots, but if you’ve been playing 0.01 ISK with the bots for very long time, you’d have no problem identifying them.

2 Likes

Do people trade low-margin, unprofitable items?

Let’s not talk about that.

Surprisingly, yes.

The big ISK always come from niche items, which is really hard to spot without utilizing market API. If you build your own tools using ESI, then you know what I am talking about :slight_smile:

Boots are a past, you bet that PA will not allow anyone else to earn money on his game :laughing:

1 Like

Im afraid you don’t get it, due to plex cost verses sub costs, and where and what RMT is used for, short answer is bots indirectly drive the plex market which in turn puts more money into CCP’s, and subsequently PA’s pocket, as those that buy RMT’d isk will use a percentage of it to purchase plexes, instead of subbing their accounts

Without going into figures, the simplest bit of evidence around this observation is, if they really did hurt CCP’s bottom line, why haven’t they sorted it after 18 months of continuous high levels. And if you are going to say, they have sorted it, look at team securities last post, I will just point you to a hundred plus market bots that I currently know of, have reported to CCP numerous times and that are still running blatantly, 24/7, 2 months after first reporting

Bring this toppic to reddit and evenews24 etc. Maybe you’ll force ccp’s hand :smiley:

We need another ban wave! The 3 day orders stick out like a sore thumb. I can only imagine how many 90 day orders are bots.

:thinking: