Market Strategies

Thanks, I do, but haven’t figured out how to mail you on this forum system. I might just do it in-game, instead.

Just go out there and manually mine all your inputs. Great way to save money. I mean, you literally have zero costs, cause you get all your materials for free! It’s really that simple.

1 Like

mmhm, not when I do it. When I do it, I do it in null, while I’m waiting for industry and PI to churn stuff out. So when I’m actively mining, I need to keep buying new Covetors. :grinning:

Cut the price in like half on everything then ppl will probably buy them faster. The secret trick to market proficiency is margin trading V and product velocity which, in trader parleyence means volume unless you drop the product off a roof in which case it actually means velocity.

Depends on the product if it’s something that is freely available then your order may never be completed

If it’s something that’s not as common then you can probably leave the order as it is and it will eventually sell.

iirc I used to have around 280 orders active, reason I don’t bothered anymore is I suspect unless you’re selling really cheap, at least 80% of those orders would be stagnant with the new system.

I mean mail ingame . Same name as here

But then it depends on the height of the roof, more than on the product itself.
Are Jita roof high ? On a scale from 0 to you.

I did not notice such a thing, however I noticed that when they end their duration it’s not worth keeping those orders and so, no relist.

It depends on if it’s really heavy products since they fall slower than lighter stuff due to more wind resistance.

If your intelligent you might even notice that heavier stuff also sells slower than lighter stuff, it’s observations that set us elites apart from all the morons out there.

2 Likes

No, Air Resistance makes them fall slower.
The Wind blows them sideways into the next category.

Importantly, you must remember that the prices float in the rain.
It’s details like that that separate us genius level meteoro-economists from the merely elite.

(It’s Friday, please forgive my flippancy)

3 Likes

maybee… but why would I want the additional competition in the first place?

Buy high, sell low.

Station traders hate this 1 trick.

4 Likes

I buy for Jita sell, pay people to bring it elsewhere, and list for a markup.

This assumes that your time spent playing the game is worth nothing and that there’s nothing more profitable you could do with that time. I hope that someone interested in market strategy will have a more sophisticated view of the value of their own time, and account for it in their calculations.

joke_and_you

1 Like

The trouble is, I hear this every day from people who mean it.

That was the joke. It was a parody.

1 Like

Thank you for explaining. The thread is a mixture of real advice and jokes. As I mentioned, I hear people earnestly repeat statements exactly like yours all the time. My goal in replying is that someone seeking out real advice in the thread does not end up taking you seriously and mining themselves into unsubscribing.

Thank you for this. I’ve never watched Alien vs. Predator. Maybe I should?

No, you shouldn’t, it’s crap.

4 Likes

Not worth it