Maruader suggestion

If Marauders could move in Bastion and MJD they would be a great class for marauding.

1 Like

So like, unable to use engines but micro jump drive around the grid in Bastian mode? I mean I’m not against that

I was meaning able to use engines as well. Since it’s kinda required for mjd to know what direction to go for a start. Just to not be able to warp or receive remote assistance.

Yeah I feel you there then. It would be nice if the maurader class actually felt like that a jump it, dish out a lot of damage and get out quickly, hard to tackle sort of thing. I think giving it more wiggle room to escape ganks would be a good move

It would improve them for sure so much so that you wouldn’t see much else than them in term of BS, pirate hulls would stick around all else would torn to garbage level.

Bastion now is powerful it just lend it self more to PVE i think that’s where CCP felt it should be.

That isnt to say i would shed a tear if suddenly they could move under it.

Yeah, the Marauder class ships always seemed incorrectly named. While “Bulwark” class is completely servicabile as a name change, I always considered the name “Monitor” class as a better representation of what they were used for, especially with the initial design of heavily armed and armored with poor mobility.

How about we keep things simple for CCP and add a T2 class of BS that better represent what Marauders are supposed to do? For mainly PvE use, we keep the current Marauders as they are. For PvP use we introduce the “Raider” class of ships, with their bonuses and attributes better suited for LS forays against tougher sites, but under the much stronger chance of other player interaction occurring. Details would have to be worked out, but I’m envisioning small, fast BS with built in stab resistance to get through gate camps or perhaps aid in surviving encounters at a site with another player. Suboptimal for PvE is traded off for better PvP stats/abilities.

The Marauder may clear a PvE site faster, but it has a much higher chance of loss in PvP…and vice versa with the Raider. I’m currently fine with current capabilities of all my Marauders, but if we are talking about changes, I wanted to add a voice.

I think you over estimate how much use they would get. They have a good local tank yes but a few logi exceeds that. And they can get out dpsed by even some of the t1 battleships. While the need for active tank makes them vulnerable to alpha hits and bleed through.
They aren’t really even the best mission runners. Their active tank is overkill for lvl 4 missions, so pirate BS are the actual king even with lvl 4 missions.

No one’s gonna use marauders in low/null because carriers are cheaper and can be insured. Even if you give them carrier ehp the carrier still adds more to the fight.

Marauders even in their current state could “maraud” they’re just too expensive. They have massive cargo massive self tank massive utility and can mjd very often. The only thing they’re missing is some warp speed, which should replace their dated tractor bonus since MTUs are a thing.

Price tag says no though. They really should have adjusted t2 material requirements with/shortly after the moon changes. I thought the whole point of the moon changes was to make it less afk not make all tech II things twice the price.

Yep this apply to all battleships being one billion+ isk loot pinata isnt helping bastion or not
“Marauding”(warp 2.2 lol) just to be deleted for lolz isnt hot and i wont dabble deeper than that on a subject,

Simple name change would fit class better and when ccp muster what ever it needs to muster to push out meta change or new ship class name marauder would be available.

Well I did say give them a warp speed bonus. Also I think a battleship assault DCU with a few more seconds would be dank.

I like to fantasize about giving them one XL weapon too (no HAW) with a corresponding damage bonus in bastion to make them a threat to capitals. It would also look really cool to see a massive “main cannon” on them.

I think mission runners would love it too for those high ehp structures they sometimes have to destroy.

XL weapons on battleships would look really silly. Probably even more than the ships Warhammer 40k.
I’m not against it though.

Yeah hah maybe they’d need their own slightly smaller one. But still massive. Maybe if it always appeared on the same slot like a bomb launcher works on sbs they could design it for that spot.

We could give them a mass driver type weapon maybe? The kind you build the ship around: long range, high damage, but they need to be aligned to the target.

XL arty on a rifter looked epic back in the days (not that you could use them tho =( )

I like cloack like working bastion, maybe as T2

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.