Mass Test on Singularity: Tuesday, October 26th, 2021

Hello!
We are planning a mass test on Singularity on Tuesday, October 26th, at 17:00 UTC (= EVE time)!

What exactly is being tested?
New audio voice limiting system tied to the new engine sounds:

• Mac + Windows client performance
  • Feel of the scene with the culling of sounds
  • New engine and modules sounds

How to connect to Singularity for this test:

• Ensure that the launcher is patched to the latest version (important for Mac)
  • Change the server from Tranquility to Singularity in the bottom right corner of the launcher and log in as normal.
  • More detailed instructions are available here.

Test instructions:

• Please join the channels MassTesting (for instructions), MassQuestions (for feedback)
  • Use appropriate graphical settings for a fleet fight (a lower resolution and lower settings can help a lot)
  • Fly whatever you want
  • Have an Afterburner module or a Microwarpdrive module fitted on your ship
  • Join fleet X or Y (should be in fleet finder)

Steps (on command by CCP):

1. Meet in FD-MLJ docked (in either station or Upwell structure)
  2. Undock and warp to X-BV98 gate
  3. Fleet X jumps to X-BV98
  4. Fleet Y orbits around a Fleet Commander (without modules)
  5. Fleet Y orbits around a Fleet Commander (with modules - Afterburners)
  6. Fleet Y orbits around a Fleet Commander (with modules - Microwarpdrives)
  7. Fleet X orbits a Fleet Commander (without modules) while they “look at” somebody else instead of having the camera on themselves
  8. Fleet X orbits around a Fleet Commander (with modules) while “look at” somebody else instead of having the camera on themselves
  9. Fleet Y jumps to X-BV98
  10. Fleet Y “looks at” somebody else during the fleet warp to the Poitot gate
  11. Have a fight at Poitot

What else should I know?

• Use the command /moveme to be moved to the start system FD-MLJ.
  • 2M Skill points will be awarded on Singularity for this mass test.
5 Likes

If I connect to Singularity server for this test, will that in any way affect the performance of the game once I connect back to Tranquility?
Are there going to be any permanent changes done to the local files on my PC?

No. They are two completely separate servers… They won’t affect your PC, and SiSi doesn’t affect tranquility.

1 Like

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

The link in the announcement is to the wrong thread from September.

3 Likes

SISI is down right now.

Is this due to preparations taking place for the test? Will SISI be back up any time soon?

nothing wrong with it, mate. still the same mirror, btw, if you were curious.

1 Like

Ok, I tried to log on, but was unable to connect.
I’ll try again.

(EDIT: My launcher didn’t update automatically. Restart has fixed it.)

I actually forgot that EVE has sound…

i turned it off a few weeks ago. that “humbug” just got to me. (edencom sentry gun sound effect sticks with you when you leave such a system)

Where do you get to do that? I can’t find anything like that in the client. Is it a program you’re using I don’t know about? If it’s in the client, where?

Never mind… found it.
Thank you.

1 Like

Do you play Eve? You can’t “look at” someone while in warp…

I think you can with the new fleet formations and such…

Seems like T3Cs and some other hulls were having issues particularly with the MWD sounds not playing, propulsion audio also has a tendency to persist after docking, very akin to Stargate ambience persisting when that was initially updated.

Audio sync was struggling in the big fleet warps as well.

1 Like

The Red Dots are going nuts. They appear randomly on items I’ve already seen and they appear on the same item in the station I’m in while also appearing on same items 5 jumps away :thinking:

1 Like

My first participating in a test on Singularity. I read the announcement and went straight to the test server just after 18:00. I was unaware of these instructions. Next time I will know.

I couldn’t today, during the mass test.

no more ‘humbug’

1 Like

Hey! Thank you for participating in this mass test. While our team for this is still going through the feedback and bug reports, I added 2 M skillpoints to all 229 participants on Singularity. Thanks again!

1 Like