Mass Test on Singularity: Thursday, August 25th, 2022

Hey!

We are planning another mass test on Singularity on Thursday, August 25th, at 17:00 UTC (= EVE time)!

What exactly is being tested?
We are going to test some experimental audio changes. These changes aim to remove the popping that can be heard when the client tries to play too many sounds, which can happen in busy situations like fleet fights. It will also reduce client CPU usage by limiting the number of sounds actively playing at the same time.
The music and important sounds like the UI and gate / wormhole activations will always play, but other sounds are being prioritized based on how relevant they are.

How to connect to Singularity for this test:

• Change the server from Tranquility to Singularity in the bottom right corner of the launcher and log in as normal.
  • More detailed instructions are available here.

Test instructions:

• Ensure that Audio is enabled (best to restart if it was not enabled)
  • Please join the chat channels MassTesting (for instructions), MassQuestions (for feedback)
  • Fly whatever ship you want (optimally one, which can fight in a fleet fight)
  • Join fleet W or X (through fleet finder)

Steps (on command by CCP):

1. Meet in FD-MLJ, at the gate to X-BV98
  2. Jump to X-BV98
  3. Warp to random planet
  4. Warp to Tatara
  5. Shoot the Tatara (no other PvP)
  6. Warp to Poitot gate
  7. Fleet W: Jump to Poitot and setup camp
  8. Fleet X: Jump to Poitot and fight

What else should I know?

• Use the command /moveme to be moved to the start system FD-MLJ.
  • 2M Skill points will be awarded on Singularity for this mass test.

Hey! Singularity has been updated with a few sound-related fixes and is ready for the mass test.

We are currently aware of following problems:

• Some sounds can stick around after they should be ended (for example Afterburner and MWD, if zoomed out, while they are turning off) - no need to report this further
  • In some scenes the audio can feel a bit empty - we are interested in feedback for this, if this is acceptable or bad in specific settings

If you encounter any other audio-related problems, then please mention it here (and possibly also during the mass test. If it is a bug, then please send also a bug report.

Hey wait, my launcher is loading

hang on

Sorry i’m late, experiencing network disruptions

I’m sorry but I am unavailable for this mass test. Please keep me tuned for the next one. My network was lagging and launcher was too slow

Was part of the test, didn’t get an explosion sound on the Tatara structure exploding. Other than that I didn’t notice anything not working.

Thanks for participating in this mass test! 2 million skill points have been added to the participating characters on Singularity.
We identified a few small issues, like those missing explosions, and we will have another mass test about this in a few weeks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.