We are planning another mass test on Singularity on Thursday, August 25th, at 17:00 UTC (= EVE time)!
What exactly is being tested?
We are going to test some experimental audio changes. These changes aim to remove the popping that can be heard when the client tries to play too many sounds, which can happen in busy situations like fleet fights. It will also reduce client CPU usage by limiting the number of sounds actively playing at the same time.
The music and important sounds like the UI and gate / wormhole activations will always play, but other sounds are being prioritized based on how relevant they are.
How to connect to Singularity for this test:
- Change the server from Tranquility to Singularity in the bottom right corner of the launcher and log in as normal.
- More detailed instructions are available here.
- Ensure that Audio is enabled (best to restart if it was not enabled)
- Please join the chat channels MassTesting (for instructions), MassQuestions (for feedback)
- Fly whatever ship you want (optimally one, which can fight in a fleet fight)
- Join fleet W or X (through fleet finder)
Steps (on command by CCP):
- Meet in FD-MLJ, at the gate to X-BV98
- Jump to X-BV98
- Warp to random planet
- Warp to Tatara
- Shoot the Tatara (no other PvP)
- Warp to Poitot gate
- Fleet W: Jump to Poitot and setup camp
- Fleet X: Jump to Poitot and fight
What else should I know?
- Use the command /moveme to be moved to the start system FD-MLJ.
- 2M Skill points will be awarded on Singularity for this mass test.