Mass Test on Singularity: Tuesday, October 6th, 2020

Hey!

We are planning a mass test on Singularity on Tuesday, October 6th, at 17:00 UTC (= EVE time)!

What exactly is being tested?

• Defect fix for an issue some players report “Stuck in Jump Tunnel”
  • Wwise Audio Upgrade

How to connect to Singularity for this test:

• Change the server from Tranquility to Singularity in the bottom right corner of the launcher and log in as normal.
  • More detailed instructions are available here.

Test instructions:

• Please join the channels MassTesting (for instructions), MassQuestions (for feedback)
  • Enable audio and adjust audio settings to test functionality of different sliders

Steps (on command by CCP):

1. Meet in FD-MLJ, at the gate to X-BV98
  2. Jump to X-BV98
  3. Warp to Intaki Bank Depository Station and dock at station
  4. Undock and Dock repeatedly
  5. Undock, warp to Poitot gate and wait
  6. Jump to Poitot
  7. Warp to F67E-Q gate
  8. Jump to F67E-Q
  9. Warp to MHC-R3 gate
  10. Fleet W: Jump to MHC-R3 + setup gate camp
  11. Fleet X: Jump to MHC-R3 + fight at the gate

What else should I know?

• Use the command /moveme to be moved to the start system FD-MLJ
  • 2M Skill points will be awarded on Singularity for this mass test
2 Likes

Note: We are aware that the current mirror is a bit old, and unfortunately it will not be possible to update it before the mass test, but we will get it updated in the next few weeks.

4 Likes

have we really got to “look forward” to that crap warp tunnel coming back to make eve feel like some B science fiction movie of yesteryear.

5 Likes

But I really liked those B science fiction movies of yesteryear… they had alot of heart!

1 Like

Can newbies participate?
Need ships or just everything we have?
Alpha is okay?

Looking forward to it, I may be there for the test!

I love the audio upgrade by the way. All those stations now have their own atmosphere with minmatar stations having some higher pitch background sounds, amarr having a deep echoing buzz etc.

I think I heard new proximity sounds when near stations, when entering stations and leaving.
And best of all, the other EVE music stops playing when docked up. No more ominous null sec or wormhole sounds when you’re inside a station!

Not sure if newbies have access to their character on the singularity server, those characters are only copied over a couple times a year I think.

You could try to log in to the singularity server, if that works you can join. Maybe you’ll have to make a new character though. :wink:

You can buy anything on the NPC market on the singularity server for 100 ISK, so you don’t need to have any ships or anything else yet.

1 Like

Amen! G man I was just going to ask about the audio upgrade thing, were in desperate need to here new material, same style though love that… but new material!!! fantastic!! and its more sys efficient to have the music in the game VS. commercial ridden tunes from you tube… we will also be their for the test run pile on…lol, I say “we” because my two boys will be watching from their dorm rooms…, think they may be joining the ranks… O7 … BTW were did you hear the new music tracks??

ABOUT DAM TIME i thoug u just give up with that like other thing

speacking of improve how about COLOR PALET FOR SKINS? CCP?unnamed (1)
i think will be more easy for u sell 5 colors for the same price instea of try to sellus a “recolor” of the ships
cmon guys is not hard to think i just want my AVATAR PINK

1 Like

:rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket:
:rocket::rocket::rocket: Should we bring Titans? :rocket::rocket::rocket:
:rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket:

Are you all gonna mirror before this lol my old acct is there before i started playing again was able to copyskills and had enough isk to buy plex and go omega but need mre lol would like the current version of my char there hehe

As stated in the second post, no, the next mirror is expected later in October.

It actually takes a but of time to do a mirror (between the full DB copy process running, and then all the sanitization they have to do to keep Sisi from becoming an unfair source of intel on player assets) and they apparently do not have available dev hours for that before the test date due to other commitments.

Is it just me or are we still waiting for you to turn on SISI? Don’t forget we need to reauthorize our accounts, and I really don’t like being rushed.

its online, they disabled endpoints and such so it wont show as online. but it is online. * @Marc_Rising

I kinda like seeing warp tunnels again as long as they don’t slow down system changes too much. I do wish we could move camera around while inside them though.

Since Sisi is still on an older mirror, I brought over the current version of Z-S Overview from TQ to Sisi for anyone who uses it. Available from the mailing lists and the Z-S Overview chat channel, just like it is on TQ.

2 Likes

are people able to log into sisi? or is it not open yet?

when I ty and log in it all looks fine, I get the green tick thing, the computer fan starts up but it just doesnt open up to the log in screen.

edit: In the task manager, when I exit the launcher, I still have a CCP ExeFile still running at 38% cpu, thats it.

reported days ago, no answer.

Why so negative?

1 Like

just wondering if there are any ships in particular that you would like in the test

No, no specific ships required this time.