Mass Test on Singularity: Tuesday, February 26th, 2019

Hey!

We are planning a mass test on Singularity on Tuesday, February 26th, at 17:00 UTC (= EVE time)!

What exactly is being tested?

• Fixes to position desync (where the server and clients disagree on the position of your ship). The main fix was mostly for a case when colliding with a gate in abyssal space, but it will probably also fix cases when colliding with Upwell Structures or during fleet fights.

How to connect to Singularity for this test:

• Change the server from Tranquility to Singularity in the bottom right corner of the launcher and log in as normal.
  • More detailed instructions are available here.

Test steps:
Please join the channels MassTesting (for instructions), MassQuestions (for feedback)

1. Meet up in FD-MLJ
  2. Sub-capitals: Jump to X-BV98.
  3. Sub-capitals: Warp to planet x
  4. Capitals: Cyno to X-BV98 (on top of the fleet)
  5. Warp to Keepstar
  6. Dock at Keepstar
  7. Undock
  8. Several further warps
  9. Warp to Poitot gate
  10. Fleet W: Jump to Poitot + setup gate camp.
  11. Fleet X: Jump to Poitot + fight at the gate

What else should I know?

• Capitals and super capitals are very welcome, as they are often more affected by desync.
  • Bring a stack of small items like ammunition or minerals, which can be ejected as quick check for desync.
  • Use the command /moveme to be moved to the start system FD-MLJ
  • 2M Skill points will be awarded on Singularity for this mass test
1 Like

It’s moved to the bottom right with the new launcher

2 Likes

Thanks, totally correct. Sorry, I missed to update my template.

2 Likes

Its possible to join as a new charakter? Or is the old mirror online?

I don’t think they’ve done a new mirror yet, So if its a brand new player within like the last month, likely you won’t have access to test. I could be wrong.

1 Like

The mirror is currently from December. If your account exists, then you can create a new character directly on Singularity. If you have currently no account on Singularity then you will have to wait for the next mirror (probably at some point in March).

1 Like

my buddy just started last week, but ty for the answers…

He brings up a good point in that a noob can join a fleet fight at no risk to himself what’s so ever to he’s/hers in game character. Something a new player might never be exposed to otherwise. (sry, assuming that he’s been playing longer than a week :wink: )

I don’t see why these are not promoted more for the new players? Just a short line at the end of the announcement stating its new player friendly and they are encouraged to join.

I have only been able to make a couple of them because of work. But they are a lot of fun to be involved in! I would only ask that no one pop pods on purpose, You never know whos filming and the new players would get to hang around and watch.

Thanks for all the continuing effort to improve the game guys!

pods should never be popped outside of the one area where popping is legal. Also, if a player has been in since the last mirror as stated, they’ll get a chance to join in… but otherwise they won’t be able to get on SiSi until the next mirror.

@CCP_Habakuk i can count multiple times when jumping to acceleration gates, mostly in a noctis, it gets hung up on “nothing” and i have to manually move it to get it to warp through the gate… not sure if this is in with the same issue or not.

Has the ship fitting window on Sisi been disabled? I can not get it to open, but can open everything else on neocon. And Alt F will not work either.

This is quite likely just caused by regular collisions with the acceleration gate geometry, which can be a bit tricky in some cases.

Hmmm, no? It opens fine for me. Could you please send a bug report after you tried to open it? It sounds like you are affected by some bug, maybe relating to your current ship or fitting.

Can confirm this happened to me as well today on Sisi. Opening probe scanner didn’t work either.

A relog fixed it.

Sorry I didnt get to make it up to the start point as it was 54 jumps away. But I did try bumping into gates and when I hit the E7VE-V gate in Impass it wouldn’t let me jump and said it went offline. I flew to a station and then came back and then it worked. that was the only problem I encountered. The recent upwell gate in impass isnt present so I could’nt test that to bump, lol.

Had fun with the test and the fleet fight, cheers and hope you were able to gather some good data in regards to the deysnc issue.

1 Like

When will the event end?

I just tried it today and I can now see the fitting window. I did try and send a bug report yesterday when I would not see the fittings, but it kept saying the fields were not filled out in the bug report , yet they all were. At least now I can see the fitting window

Thank you all for participating in this mass test! The results are very promising in regards to our fixes and we gathered very valuable data for tracking down another somehow related bug.
I applied 2 million skill points to 275 characters on Singularity as small reward. Enjoy!

1 Like

I couldn’t log in due to continued issues with the 2 step verification process… :frowning: