We are planning a mass test on Singularity on Thursday, August 12th, at 17:00 UTC (= EVE time)!
What exactly is being tested?
New Native Mac Client and related changes, especially looking for:
- Mac + Windows client performance
- Mac + Windows client stability
- Server performance
- Time dilation on Mac client
More information about the Native Mac Client playtest
How to connect to Singularity for this test:
- Ensure that the launcher is patched to the latest version (important for Mac)
- Change the server from Tranquility to Singularity in the bottom right corner of the launcher and log in as normal.
- More detailed instructions are available here.
- Please join the channels MassTesting (for instructions), MassQuestions (for feedback)
- Use appropriate graphical settings for a fleet fight (a lower resolution and lower settings can help a lot)
- Fly whatever you want
- Join fleet W or X (should be in fleet finder)
Steps (on command by CCP):
- Meet in FD-MLJ, docked (in either station or Upwell structure)
- Undock and warp to X-BV98 gate
- Jump to X-BV98
- Warp to Sotiyo
- Shoot the Sotiyo (no other PvP)
- Force time dilation
- Warp to Poitot gate
- Fleet W: Jump to Poitot and setup camp
- Fleet X: Jump to Poitot and fight
What else should I know?
- Use the command /moveme to be moved to the start system FD-MLJ.
- 2M Skill points will be awarded on Singularity for this mass test.
- A new DB mirror will be deployed before this mass test.
Probably should go ahead and mention that Steam Players will not be able to join due to bug from the last mirror.
They are doing a new mirror, so hopefully that will fix it:
would help if id have saw that… i blame the fact i lost my glasses and didn’t see that lil comment lol.
Doesn’t help that those apple screens are at such hi res. everything looks tiny…
Yeah, we hope, that this mirror will fix those issues, if not then we will need to investigate further.
looks as though the mirror didn’t fix the issue with steam users not able to log in.
Unfortunately yes, we are investigating further.
No Keepstar in FD-MLJ for super pilots to dock-up, FC, what do?
They remove all that upon each mirror. If there isn’t a keep, put one down.
I’ve logged in (or tried to) a couple of times and gotten clutter shutdown messages each time so i didn’t hang around to test anything.
My MacPro crash down after freezing during change the Grafik options to quality.
After Newstart MacOS an starting Eve Testserver again the game freezing and MacOS Crashes again.
There is a thread specific for issues from playtest, please post in it.
Try to lauche Sisi but i only got a black screen when the exe file start
i was able to hear the launch movie and the character selection’s music
No more …
Macbook Pro 15" Mid 2015
MacBook Pro 2020, OS X 10.15.7, 16 GB RAM. 4-core i5 processor.
Twice started the client. It got to the character selection screen. After selecting a character, the client kernel paniced the machine, forcing a reboot.
Thank you for participating in the mass test! All your reports are very helpful. We have already fixes for most crashes in the pipeline.
Skill points have been added to 211 character on Singularity.
@Tanguy_Garcin , @Kai-Alon_Deninard : If you have not done yet, please ensure to send a bug report about those issues (as the client does not work, please send through https://community.eveonline.com/support/bug-reports/. If anyhow possible please includes logs from LogLite (which you can start through the launcher).
Ok, so with loglite i can see the pb ! my OS version wasn’t compatible, so i update from OS 10.15 to OS 11.5 and now, i have the game graphics
It seems similar performance in game as the wine version but use 8x less CPU, it’s a good news
Interesting, macOS 10.15 is supported (especially with the latest release 10.15.7), but it is great that it is fixed now for you.
This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.