Mass Test on Singularity: Tuesday, September 28th, 2021

Hey!

We are planning a mass test on Singularity on Tuesday, September 28th, at 17:00 UTC (= EVE time)!

What exactly is being tested?

New Native Mac Client and related changes, especially looking for:

• Mac + Windows client performance
  • Mac + Windows client stability - especially crash fixes
  • Server performance

How to connect to Singularity for this test:

• Ensure that the launcher is patched to the latest version (important for Mac)
  • Change the server from Tranquility to Singularity in the bottom right corner of the launcher and log in as normal.
  • More detailed instructions are available here.

Test instructions:

• Please join the channels MassTesting (for instructions), MassQuestions (for feedback)
  • Use appropriate graphical settings for a fleet fight (a lower resolution and lower settings can help a lot)
  • Fly whatever you want
  • Join fleet W or X (should be in fleet finder)

Steps (on command by CCP):

1. Meet in FD-MLJ, docked (in either station or Upwell structure)
  2. Undock and warp to X-BV98 gate
  3. Jump to X-BV98
  4. Warp to Sotiyo
  5. Shoot the Sotiyo (no other PvP)
  6. Warp to Poitot gate
  7. Fleet W: Jump to Poitot and setup camp
  8. Fleet X: Jump to Poitot and fight

What else should I know?

• Use the command /moveme to be moved to the start system FD-MLJ.
  • 2M Skill points will be awarded on Singularity for this mass test.
4 Likes

will new mirror be deployed for the incoming masstest?

No, as the last mirror was in August.

2 Likes

In advance, rotating planet feels choppy in full screen full res on MBP 16. Zoom in/out is fluid and fine

Hey Hey. If it is a native Test 4 Mac then how should that work for Mac? I for one run eve under wine. And it is far away from stable.

Does the test include M1 Macs?

2 Likes

If I understood recent news correctly, they’re developing a native Mac client (i.e. NOT a wine port!). So I’m hoping this is testing that new client!

Will the default Mac keyboard shortcuts be improved in the next patch? The previous default set was less than optimal (e.g. Shift+Space to stop ship is awkward, should default to Ctrl+Space). It would be great if the defaults could be changed to avoid the need for Mac users to do unnecessary re-binding.

This is for testing M1 Macs… and other stuffs :slight_smile:

they’ve got the new client going, the default test server is the native mac client… this is IIRC, now the 3rd test for the NMC.

Ctrl+Space is the default binding in Mac OS for keyboard layout switching, that’s why they changed it to Shift+Space

I could always use some free sp :smiley:

does macos speech recognition work with the eve native client?

Interesting, this is in planetart production mode? Ccould you please send us a bug report about this, when this happens again?

On Singularity the regular EVE launcher for Mac is now starting the native Mac client and no longer the client through Wine. Check The Native Mac Client is now the default client for Singularity 🎉 for details.

YES, it does. :tada:

We made some adjustments to keyboard shortcuts, but “Stop Ship” is still mapped to “Shift+Space”. “CTRL+Space” is unfortunately already used and so far we could not find any better replacement (but I have to agree, that I personally also still struggle with it, especially as I am constantly switching between Mac and Windows).
If you have any feedback for the keyboard shortcuts, especially on how exactly to improve them, then please write it up here: The Native Mac Client is now the default client for Singularity 🎉 If you think that any keyboard shortcut is just broken, then please also send a bug report.

As far as I know not.

Thanks for participating in the mass test! 2 million skill point have been added on Singularity to the participating characters.
I am still going through the results and bug reports, but so far it looks pretty promising (but there are for sure a few problems to investigate further).

1 Like

Not received SP @CCP_Habakuk (although I was 10 minutes late as took ages to install the patch) therefore if it is less than 2m I’m still happy. Was a great test, ran smoother than current install even when pushing the graphics up way above my standard settings! Kudos to the team

1 Like

Hmmm, according to my logs you received 2M SP on Singularity.

Thanks for the feedback!

Hey @CCP_Habakuk sorry can not locate in “items to redeem” under mattimus9, happy to confirm via EVEmail to save clogging up the forum with my tech issues :laughing:

Look under your unallocated SP maybe?

I haven’t an opportunity to participate in this test, so I’ll mention that I’m having serious difficulties with my display-port that are very clearly associated with flying a Rorqual, and that this needs to be tested and resolved!