64-Bit Client Mass Test on Singularity - Tuesday, May 7th

Hello Capsuleers!

We are planning a mass test on Singularity on Tuesday, May 7th at 17:00 UTC (= EVE time)!

What exactly is being tested?

• THE 64-BIT EVE CLIENT (second verse, improved from the first)

• PC
    • MAC (!!!)
  • More detailed instructions are available here. . Mac Users must follow these instructions or the client will fail to launch.

Test steps:
Please join the channels MassTesting (for instructions), MassQuestions (for feedback)

1. We will start in FD-MLJ, at the gate to X-BV98.
  2. Sub-capitals: Jump to X-BV98.
  3. Sub-capitals: Warp to Planet X.
  4. Capitals: Cyno to X-BV98 (on top of the fleet).
  5. Warp to Keepstar.
  6. Dock at Keepstar.
  7. Open windows and neocom services.
  8. Undock and dock repeatedly.
  9. Warp to Poitot gate.
  10. Fleet W: Jump to Poitot + setup gate camp.
  11. Fleet X: Jump to Poitot + fight at the gate.

What else should I know?

• All ships and weapon systems are welcome, including capitals and doomsdays
  • Bring appropriate ammunition
  • Use the command /moveme to be moved to the start system FD-MLJ
5 Likes

I’ll come to this Mass Test if CCP agrees to ratchet down on the, “The Test Server is not here for my amusement” rhetoric.

Is there a Mac version for this test?

2 Likes

Pass.
1700 UTC is during my time zone workday.

1 Like

When do we get the client? I just logged into singularity and it still was 32 bit.

Will there be taken a “Mirror” before the mass Test?

Glad you asked, Vincent!

YES! There will be some specific instructions for Mac users, but they will be able to run EVE in 64-bit for this test!

There are no plans for a mirror prior to the test at this time.

Individual characters can use the player commands here to help minimize the differences, though.

You already have the client (we’ve been packaging the 64bit folder for a while now), but it will only be made active through the launcher during the window for this test.

At present, that window opens on Monday the 6th.

I’ve spoken to a few people about having an MT scheduled to include players in the UTC-4 to UTC-8 range to make it more convenient for most residents of the Americas.

There are no plans at present, but I have hopes for the future. Plus staying at work til 1AM means I might get food out of the deal. We’ll keep you all posted.

3 Likes

Understood.
Thank you for that.

That at least answers the main question. Thanks.

Will this be a fresh mirror? I re-subbed in Early April and changed updated my eMail (manually edited by GM). Tried to log to SiSi earlier and that still has my old eMail (cannot get the 2LA code to log in). I know this is on Duality, but I was just testing the mirror.

I’d be up for coming, but if I can’t log, then I have no hope!!

Unfortunately there will be no fresh mirror (as already mentioned in this thread).
This test is also on Singularity and not on Duality.

OK, is there anyway you can change the email associated with the account on Sisi then, or exempt it from 2LA?

We have updated the post above, and added a special page offering instructions to those wishing[1] to experience all the glory of the 64-bit Client.

[1] and by “wishing” we mean log in to Singularity at all, as 64-Bit is mandatory, citizen.

Why is my launcher still in 32 bit though? Isn’t both the game and launcher supposed to be in 64 bit?

Hi, I saw this and I’m interested

Participants will receive a reward of two million skillpoints (available only on the test server Singularity).

but I’m confused - what it means? We can’t apply these skillpoints on our main server or what?

Thanks

I was wondering this myself.

1 Like

all things hapening on singularity will end in singularity. you wont get rewards on tranquility for tests in singularity and vice versa.

1 Like