Maulus viable for Solo PvP?

I’ve been doing some Gallente FW recently, and after going through a couple Tristans ahem -dying horribly, I was wondering if the Maulus would work better or not. Is the Maulus good for some Solo Pvp, or should I use something else instead? Thanks!

The Maulus is a wonderful surprise in PvP. It’s a squishy ship however. I would suggest staying away from any drone boats. The Maulus has no real useful bonuses for combat but it is very fast. Use this to your advantage and it makes a great scram-kite platform. Hope you have fun with this one!

[Maulus, Azazel Drakonis’s Maulus]
Damage Control II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer

1MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Stasis Webifier II
Stasis Webifier II
Warp Scrambler II

125mm Railgun II,Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S

Small Transverse Bulkhead I

Hobgoblin II x1
Hobgoblin II x1

1 Like

Also, I looked at your killboard, the nano Tristan is a very particular ship in the way you are required to fly it. The problem is not the ship, it’s your target selection. I’ve flown many variations of the Tristan and by far my favorite is below. If you sit in the plex and let them come to you, you have a good chance of winning. It just requires you to learn to manage your cap.

[Tristan, Azazel Drakonis’s Tristan]
Damage Control II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer,Nanite Repair Paste

1MN Afterburner II
Faint Epsilon Scoped Warp Scrambler
Fleeting Compact Stasis Webifier

Small Gremlin Compact Energy Neutralizer

Hobgoblin II x2

You are in FW. The gated PLEX should allow you to pick up your opponent. So you do not try to fight 60 mio hull of pirat frigate with 400 thousands T1 frigate. Unless you really know what you are doing. Your tristans were standard kiting tristans, nothing wrong with those fits. The opponent choice is what killed you.
Same with the Maulus. I do use mauluses to get rid of none-drone brawling destroyers in small plexes, but I use damps for that. Two dumps and a rig to support damps. Watch your capacitor and remember - you only can have 4 drones in space and only 2 spare ones. Damped opponent will try to kill your drones to buy some time till your capacitor will switch off your damps and then you are a toast. Maulus have no tank to brawle, its manevurability is not that perfect to scram kite, but it can be 100 % boolet proof if used as kiting damp drone boat against not very quick targets like destroyers. Against brawling frigates dual rep Maulus Navy can serve better.
Join some team to learn from them. You still can feel yourself pretty much solo if you are lost inside FEDUP or WANGS swarm. You can join GMVA or BEBOP if you like to be more involved, to get a personal guru and learn faster.

1 Like

That’s dedication right there :dealwithitparrot:

2 Likes

Thanks so much!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.